PDA

View Full Version : What 'nicknames' do you give your "cats"?

November 21st 08, 08:10 PM
Not to get into too much detail, but ours are called "mats" and
"hawks".

"Mats" is too personal and embarrassing to get into.
"Hawks" cause we say they are "hawking around" for trouble!

I've heard people call ferrets "carpet sharks". What names do you
guys have for cats in general, or a specific one for your cat(s)?

Richard Evans
November 21st 08, 08:42 PM
Ripley = Fipples

Mr. Sanders = Sandy Poo, or, more often, Butt Head.

Moe = Moo

Motley = Moon Face

Rascal = Wascally Wabbit

Weasel doesn't have one.

Matthew[_3_]
November 21st 08, 08:59 PM
Mine get the nym of why you little @@[email protected]$
> wrote in message
> Not to get into too much detail, but ours are called "mats" and
> "hawks".
>
> "Mats" is too personal and embarrassing to get into.
> "Hawks" cause we say they are "hawking around" for trouble!
>
> I've heard people call ferrets "carpet sharks". What names do you
> guys have for cats in general, or a specific one for your cat(s)?

November 22nd 08, 03:00 AM
> wrote in message
> Not to get into too much detail, but ours are called "mats" and
> "hawks".
>
> "Mats" is too personal and embarrassing to get into.
> "Hawks" cause we say they are "hawking around" for trouble!
>
> I've heard people call ferrets "carpet sharks". What names do you
> guys have for cats in general, or a specific one for your cat(s)?

Mine have tens or twenties of names. :) We play with words a lot around
here.

dejablues[_4_]
November 22nd 08, 04:39 AM
> wrote in message
> Not to get into too much detail, but ours are called "mats" and
> "hawks".
>
> "Mats" is too personal and embarrassing to get into.
> "Hawks" cause we say they are "hawking around" for trouble!
>
> I've heard people call ferrets "carpet sharks". What names do you
> guys have for cats in general, or a specific one for your cat(s)?

Fattyfattybuttbutt
baby schmaby
BCE (best cat ever)
big fat furry cat
big fat furry lump o' cat
makie lakie lou
pretty pretty princess
big fluffy ball of love
big fluffy ball of hate
meer meer
sweety nom noms

cybercat
November 22nd 08, 05:24 AM
"dejablues" > wrote in message

> > wrote in message
>> Not to get into too much detail, but ours are called "mats" and
>> "hawks".
>>
>> "Mats" is too personal and embarrassing to get into.
>> "Hawks" cause we say they are "hawking around" for trouble!
>>
>> I've heard people call ferrets "carpet sharks". What names do you
>> guys have for cats in general, or a specific one for your cat(s)?

> Fattyfattybuttbutt
> baby schmaby
> BCE (best cat ever)
> big fat furry cat
> big fat furry lump o' cat
> makie lakie lou
> pretty pretty princess
> big fluffy ball of love
> big fluffy ball of hate
> meer meer
> sweety nom noms

You are really brave. :)

November 22nd 08, 05:37 AM
On 21 marras, 22:10, wrote:

> I've heard people call ferrets "carpet sharks". *What names do you
> guys have for cats in general, or a specific one for your cat(s)?

Hm, it's a bit difficult to translate from Finnish, but "carpet shark"
does seem to apply to my new calico (5 mo :-)
Others are "Crazy Biter", "Dahhlink" and "Slurp" (freely translated).
And I've noticed that the old maxim is true: "Everything that's on the
floor is mine, and everything that's not there, will be."

&y, telling Typy good morning -- and slurp.

Average Joe
November 22nd 08, 10:14 AM
> wrote in message
> Not to get into too much detail, but ours are called "mats" and
> "hawks".
>
> "Mats" is too personal and embarrassing to get into.
> "Hawks" cause we say they are "hawking around" for trouble!
>
> I've heard people call ferrets "carpet sharks". What names do you
> guys have for cats in general, or a specific one for your cat(s)?

My last cat was nicknamed "Stinky"... He wasn't really, but he
responded to it, so it stuck!

jmc
November 22nd 08, 01:46 PM
Suddenly, without warning, exclaimed (11/21/2008 3:10 PM):
> Not to get into too much detail, but ours are called "mats" and
> "hawks".
>
> "Mats" is too personal and embarrassing to get into.
> "Hawks" cause we say they are "hawking around" for trouble!
>
> I've heard people call ferrets "carpet sharks". What names do you
> guys have for cats in general, or a specific one for your cat(s)?

Meep doesn't really have any nicknames, but when my last cat was bad, I
used to call her Stradavarius.

When I had a horse, and she misbehaved, I'd call her Alpo.

It was all in fun, I'd of course never do anything to hurt them!

jmc

ensoul[_2_]
November 23rd 08, 01:49 AM
On Nov 22, 8:46*am, jmc > wrote:
> Suddenly, without warning, exclaimed (11/21/2008 3:10 PM):
>
> > Not to get into too much detail, but ours are called "mats" and
> > "hawks".
>
> > "Mats" is too personal and embarrassing to get into.
> > "Hawks" cause we say they are "hawking around" for trouble!
>
> > I've heard people call ferrets "carpet sharks". *What names do you
> > guys have for cats in general, or a specific one for your cat(s)?

have brothers Rudy & Moe...my late husband named one and me the
other...I don't know who named who
Moe is Moe-Moe
Rudy doesn't have one, just Rudy