PDA

View Full Version : sneezing


Chris[_4_]
November 22nd 08, 02:32 PM
I have six cats and all of them are sneezing. Not constantly, just here and
there, but they don't usually sneeze at all. Is it just the change of
seasons? Granted it is only 5 degrees outside, but the house is kept pretty
warm.

There is no discharge, mucus, eyes look clear.

jmc
November 22nd 08, 02:49 PM
Suddenly, without warning, Chris exclaimed (11/22/2008 8:32 AM):
> I have six cats and all of them are sneezing. Not constantly, just here and
> there, but they don't usually sneeze at all. Is it just the change of
> seasons? Granted it is only 5 degrees outside, but the house is kept pretty
> warm.
>
> There is no discharge, mucus, eyes look clear.
>
>
>

Could be the air in your house is too dry. Maybe a humidifier? When
was the last time you replaced the filter in your heating system? A
dirty filter could cause the sneezing as well.

Do they sneeze after eating wet food? My cat does that. No, she's got
a normal nose, but I think she just really gets down into her food, and
a bit gets in her nose.

jmc

Chris[_4_]
November 22nd 08, 11:40 PM
"jmc" > wrote in message
> Could be the air in your house is too dry. Maybe a humidifier? When was
> the last time you replaced the filter in your heating system? A dirty
> filter could cause the sneezing as well.
>
> Do they sneeze after eating wet food? My cat does that. No, she's got a
> normal nose, but I think she just really gets down into her food, and a
> bit gets in her nose.


We checked the heating filter and it is pretty clean. We also do run a
humidifier in the central part of the house. The sneezing isn't around when
they eat, just generally any time and like I said, it isn't constant but
usually they don't sneeze at all. I have had a cat get the sneezies here
and there, but all six going at once is wild.

Rene S.
November 24th 08, 03:08 PM
>
> We checked the heating filter and it is pretty clean. *We also do run a
> humidifier in the central part of the house. *The sneezing isn't around when
> they eat, just generally any time and like I said, it isn't constant but
> usually they don't sneeze at all. *I have had a cat get the sneezies here
> and there, but all six going at once is wild.

Have you recently turned the heat on? It could be kicking up dust
that's bothering them.

Have you changed anything in the house lately--cleaners, kind of
litter, brand of food?