PDA

View Full Version : Cats & Xmas trees

ensoul[_2_]
November 23rd 08, 02:46 AM
I think it will be Moe & Rudy's first year with a tree. maybe not if
so they've only had one time with a tree and that would have at least
2 yrs ago when my husband, Rick was still alieve...the tree was
artifcal and stands abt 8 ft...I gave to my daughter and her
family...Rick loved Xmas, everything abt it even putting up the
tree...now it will be in our grandsons home, that's only fitting, they
were great buddies

I've decided to have a tree again...It's only 3ft...I can put it on a
small table....worried the boys will knock the whole thing over...I
know enough not to use icelices (spelling)

the boys are 16 lbs and stand on hind legs quite a bit, they reach to
top of my hip (I'm only 5ft) It means they can easily reach it when
on a table but then again they have jumped from the top of my futon in
one leap to the top of the closet doors his back was touching the
ceiling....there's very little out of their reach

I have 5ft tall book case and I put a new knick-knack on it they
jumped up to it, knocked the top off the knock-knack and now leave it
alone! (yes, they're neutered) but left everything else on the top
shelve alone

I did get then good, came out in the middle of the night to find they
were using the trash can to reach the kitchen cupboards...chnaged the
next day and left the lid open! I had a good laugh when Rudy couldn't
get out...so now a couple times a week I keep the top off (when
there's very little trash) it works!

any ideas abt a Xmas tree with wild boys living with me? they're not
all wild, also very loving

ensoul

November 24th 08, 08:22 PM
On Nov 22, 8:46*pm, ensoul > wrote:
> I think it will be Moe & Rudy's first year with a tree. maybe not if
> so they've only had one time with a tree and that would have at least
> 2 yrs ago when my husband, Rick was still alieve...the tree was
> artifcal and stands abt 8 ft...I gave to my daughter and her
> family...Rick loved Xmas, everything abt it even putting up the
> tree...now it will be in our grandsons home, that's only fitting, they
> were great buddies
>
> I've decided to have a tree again...It's only 3ft...I can put it on a
> small table....worried the boys will knock the whole thing over...I
> know enough not to use icelices (spelling)
>
> the boys are 16 lbs and stand on hind legs quite a bit, they reach to
> top of my hip (I'm only 5ft) *It means they can easily reach it when
> on a table but then again they have jumped from the top of my futon in
> one leap to the top of the closet doors his back was touching the
> ceiling....there's very little out of their reach
>
> I have 5ft tall book case and I put a new knick-knack on it they
> jumped up to it, knocked the top off the knock-knack and now leave it
> alone! (yes, they're neutered) but left everything else on the top
> shelve alone
>
> I did get then good, came out in the middle of the night to find they
> were using the trash can to reach the kitchen cupboards...chnaged the
> next day and left the lid open! *I had a good laugh when Rudy couldn't
> get out...so now a couple times a week I keep the top off (when
> there's very little trash) it works!
>
> any ideas abt a Xmas tree with wild boys living with me? *they're not
> all wild, also very loving
>
> ensoul

We tie off our trees. As we place them in front of or near a window,
typically, tying off to curtain hardware is no effort. Also the first
three feet up are non-breakable ornaments. Very delicate ornaments are
tied to the tree in addition. The extension-cord to the tree has a
foot-switch and the receptacle is well up on the trunk... All the
usual stuff with two active cats and two active dogs.

Further to this, things break. More things break when one lives with
animals - much as what happens when one lives with small children. So,
accept a certain amount of chaos as part of the Joy of the Season.
Your cats will see you as wonderful for enriching their environment -
let them enjoy it.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA