PDA

View Full Version : Holly's 13th annifursary

MaryL
November 24th 08, 12:42 AM
Tomorrow (Nov. 24) is the 13th annifursary of the day I adopted Holly. She
is very special - my little shadow, my loving companion, and Duffy's "big
sister" for the last 4 years. Her name when I adopted her had been Jinx,
so-named because she is solid black and therefore supposedly "bad luck."
Well, she is GOOD luck and deserved a much better name than that. So, she
became Holly. Her name is a shortened version of "Holiday Cat" because I
adopted her between the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays (immediately
after Thanksgiving in 1995). She is gorgeous, wonderful, and greatly loved.

MaryL

Photos of Holly: >'o'<
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
Holly and Duffy together: http://tinyurl.com/8b47e

cybercat
November 24th 08, 12:55 AM
. ..
> Tomorrow (Nov. 24) is the 13th annifursary of the day I adopted Holly.
[...]
> MaryL
>
> Photos of Holly: >'o'<
> Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
> Holly and Duffy together: http://tinyurl.com/8b47e

Many more happy years for Holly and Duffy.

November 24th 08, 01:00 AM
In rec.pets.cats.anecdotes MaryL -out-the-litter> wrote:
> Tomorrow (Nov. 24) is the 13th annifursary of the day I adopted Holly. She
> is very special - my little shadow, my loving companion, and Duffy's "big
> sister" for the last 4? years. Her name when I adopted her had been Jinx,
> so-named because she is solid black and therefore supposedly "bad luck."
> Well, she is GOOD luck and deserved a much better name than that. So, she
> became Holly. Her name is a shortened version of "Holiday Cat" because I
> adopted her between the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays (immediately
> after Thanksgiving in 1995). She is gorgeous, wonderful, and greatly loved.

Happy anniversary! And some of us consider 13 a lucky number, so she's
doubly lucky!

--
Joyce ^..^

MLB
November 24th 08, 01:03 AM
MaryL wrote:
> Tomorrow (Nov. 24) is the 13th annifursary of the day I adopted Holly.
> She is very special - my little shadow, my loving companion, and Duffy's
> "big sister" for the last 4 years. Her name when I adopted her had
> been Jinx, so-named because she is solid black and therefore supposedly
> "bad luck." Well, she is GOOD luck and deserved a much better name than
> that. So, she became Holly. Her name is a shortened version of
> "Holiday Cat" because I adopted her between the Thanksgiving and
> Christmas holidays (immediately after Thanksgiving in 1995). She is
> gorgeous, wonderful, and greatly loved.
>
> MaryL
>
> Photos of Holly: >'o'<
> Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
> Holly and Duffy together: http://tinyurl.com/8b47e

Happy, happy annifursery Holly and best wishes for many more.
Kitty kisses from us to you, MLB and TuTu

Granby
November 24th 08, 01:18 AM
Concatulations and Happy Annufurrsery to you all.
. ..
> Tomorrow (Nov. 24) is the 13th annifursary of the day I adopted Holly.
> She is very special - my little shadow, my loving companion, and Duffy's
> "big sister" for the last 4 years. Her name when I adopted her had been
> Jinx, so-named because she is solid black and therefore supposedly "bad
> luck." Well, she is GOOD luck and deserved a much better name than that.
> So, she became Holly. Her name is a shortened version of "Holiday Cat"
> because I adopted her between the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays
> (immediately after Thanksgiving in 1995). She is gorgeous, wonderful, and
> greatly loved.
>
> MaryL
>
> Photos of Holly: >'o'<
> Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
> Holly and Duffy together: http://tinyurl.com/8b47e

Will in New Haven
November 24th 08, 01:42 AM
On Nov 23, 6:42 pm, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER>
wrote:
> Tomorrow (Nov. 24) is the 13th annifursary of the day I adopted Holly. She
> is very special - my little shadow, my loving companion, and Duffy's "big
> sister" for the last 4 years. Her name when I adopted her had been Jinx,
> so-named because she is solid black and therefore supposedly "bad luck."
> Well, she is GOOD luck and deserved a much better name than that. So, she
> became Holly. Her name is a shortened version of "Holiday Cat" because I
> adopted her between the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays (immediately
> after Thanksgiving in 1995). She is gorgeous, wonderful, and greatly loved.

What a wonderful thirteen years and counting you are having.

Corncatshoolayshuns

--
Will in New Haven

Candace
November 24th 08, 02:40 AM
On Nov 23, 4:42*pm, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER>
wrote:
> Tomorrow (Nov. 24) is the 13th annifursary of the day I adopted Holly. *She
> is very special - my little shadow, my loving companion, and Duffy's "big
> sister" for the last 4 years. *Her name when I adopted her had been Jinx,
> so-named because she is solid black and therefore supposedly "bad luck."
> Well, she is GOOD luck and deserved a much better name than that. *So, she
> became Holly. *Her name is a shortened version of "Holiday Cat" because I
> adopted her between the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays (immediately
> after Thanksgiving in 1995). *She is gorgeous, wonderful, and greatly loved.
>
> MaryL
>
> Photos of Holly: *>'o'<
> Holly: *http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
> Holly and Duffy together: *http://tinyurl.com/8b47e

Happy annifursary, Holly. And Duffy and you, too.

Candace

Cheryl
November 24th 08, 03:23 AM
. ..
> Tomorrow (Nov. 24) is the 13th annifursary of the day I adopted Holly.
> She is very special - my little shadow, my loving companion, and Duffy's
> "big sister" for the last 4 years. Her name when I adopted her had been
> Jinx, so-named because she is solid black and therefore supposedly "bad
> luck." Well, she is GOOD luck and deserved a much better name than that.
> So, she became Holly. Her name is a shortened version of "Holiday Cat"
> because I adopted her between the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays
> (immediately after Thanksgiving in 1995). She is gorgeous, wonderful, and
> greatly loved.

Happy Annifursary Holly!

Sherry
November 24th 08, 04:39 AM
On Nov 23, 5:42�pm, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER>
wrote:
> Tomorrow (Nov. 24) is the 13th annifursary of the day I adopted Holly. �She
> is very special - my little shadow, my loving companion, and Duffy's "big
> sister" for the last 4� years. �Her name when I adopted her had been Jinx,
> so-named because she is solid black and therefore supposedly "bad luck."
> Well, she is GOOD luck and deserved a much better name than that. �So, she
> became Holly. �Her name is a shortened version of "Holiday Cat" because I
> adopted her between the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays (immediately
> after Thanksgiving in 1995). �She is gorgeous, wonderful, and greatly loved.
>
> MaryL
>
> Photos of Holly: �>'o'<
> Holly: �http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
> Holly and Duffy together: �http://tinyurl.com/8b47e

Awww...happy Annifursary to Holly. Do you know about how old she was
when you got her?

Sherry

tanadashoes
November 24th 08, 05:26 AM
. ..
> Tomorrow (Nov. 24) is the 13th annifursary of the day I adopted Holly.
> She is very special - my little shadow, my loving companion, and Duffy's
> "big sister" for the last 4 years. Her name when I adopted her had been
> Jinx, so-named because she is solid black and therefore supposedly "bad
> luck." Well, she is GOOD luck and deserved a much better name than that.
> So, she became Holly. Her name is a shortened version of "Holiday Cat"
> because I adopted her between the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays
> (immediately after Thanksgiving in 1995). She is gorgeous, wonderful, and
> greatly loved.

Happy Annifursary, Holly, Duffy, and MaryL. My son, Mike, has his 26th
burpday tomorrow. I sometimes joke that we should have named him Turkey as
he was my day before Thanksgiving present.

Pam S.

MaryL
November 24th 08, 05:31 AM
wrote:
> Tomorrow (Nov. 24) is the 13th annifursary of the day I adopted Holly.
> �She
> is very special - my little shadow, my loving companion, and Duffy's "big
> sister" for the last 4� years. �Her name when I adopted her had been Jinx,
> so-named because she is solid black and therefore supposedly "bad luck."
> Well, she is GOOD luck and deserved a much better name than that. �So, she
> became Holly. �Her name is a shortened version of "Holiday Cat" because I
> adopted her between the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays (immediately
> after Thanksgiving in 1995). �She is gorgeous, wonderful, and greatly
> loved.
>
> MaryL
>
> Photos of Holly: �>'o'<
> Holly: �http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
> Holly and Duffy together: �http://tinyurl.com/8b47e

Awww...happy Annifursary to Holly. Do you know about how old she was
when you got her?

Sherry

Yes, Holly was about six months old when I got her. She was born in "early
June" 1995, so I arbitrarily set June 1 as her birthday. (If the queen of
England can set an official birthdate of her choosing, then I think Princess
Holly can do the same! ;>))

Here's her story: A breeder had deliberately mixed Persian with Oriental
Shorthair. She was working toward some type of “new” breed. Moreover, her
“new” breed had to be a specific color – dusty gray, while Holly is gorgeous
black. Since Holly was “imperfect” in this breeder’s vocabulary, Holly was
going to be destroyed. Luckily, a woman who worked in a pet supply store
asked if she could have her instead and would try to find a home for her. I
came along shortly after that. Amber had recently died at the age of 16,
and I had decided that it was time to adopt another cat. I went to the
animal shelter first, but they were closed because it was the day after
Thanksgiving. Then I went to our local pet supply store. There, I got into
a conversation with the woman who had rescued Holly. When I mentioned that
I was willing to adopt an older cat, she said, "Would you consider...?" Of
course, Holly was not exactly an "older cat" at only six months of age, but
this woman saw me as a prospect because most of the people she talked to
wanted young kittens. That was the beginning. I met her the following day
to "look at" Holly, and of course, I drove home with her. And I have been
happy every since!

MaryL

November 24th 08, 07:23 AM
MaryL -out-the-litter> wrote:

> Here's her story: A breeder had deliberately mixed Persian with Oriental
> Shorthair. She was working toward some type of ?new? breed. Moreover, her
> ?new? breed had to be a specific color ? dusty gray, while Holly is gorgeous
> black. Since Holly was ?imperfect? in this breeder?s vocabulary, Holly was
> going to be destroyed. Luckily, a woman who worked in a pet supply store
> asked if she could have her instead and would try to find a home for her. I
> came along shortly after that. Amber had recently died at the age of 16,
> and I had decided that it was time to adopt another cat. I went to the
> animal shelter first, but they were closed because it was the day after
> Thanksgiving. Then I went to our local pet supply store. There, I got into
> a conversation with the woman who had rescued Holly. When I mentioned that
> I was willing to adopt an older cat, she said, "Would you consider...?" Of
> course, Holly was not exactly an "older cat" at only six months of age, but
> this woman saw me as a prospect because most of the people she talked to
> wanted young kittens. That was the beginning. I met her the following day
> to "look at" Holly, and of course, I drove home with her. And I have been
> happy every since!

That's a wonderful story. Well, except for the part about the stupid
breeder wanting to have her put down because she was the wrong color. :(
But clearly you were meant for each other, and it's great that it ended
up so well for both of you.

--
Joyce - right now cuddling with my purring, mostly-black kitty ^..^

Matthew[_3_]
November 24th 08, 07:34 AM
HAPPY DANCE FOR A WONDERFUL OCCASION
. ..
> Tomorrow (Nov. 24) is the 13th annifursary of the day I adopted Holly.
> She is very special - my little shadow, my loving companion, and Duffy's
> "big sister" for the last 4 years. Her name when I adopted her had been
> Jinx, so-named because she is solid black and therefore supposedly "bad
> luck." Well, she is GOOD luck and deserved a much better name than that.
> So, she became Holly. Her name is a shortened version of "Holiday Cat"
> because I adopted her between the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays
> (immediately after Thanksgiving in 1995). She is gorgeous, wonderful, and
> greatly loved.
>
> MaryL
>
> Photos of Holly: >'o'<
> Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
> Holly and Duffy together: http://tinyurl.com/8b47e

Adrian[_2_]
November 24th 08, 01:19 PM
MaryL wrote:
> Tomorrow (Nov. 24) is the 13th annifursary of the day I adopted
> Holly. She is very special - my little shadow, my loving companion,
> and Duffy's "big sister" for the last 4 years. Her name when I
> adopted her had been Jinx, so-named because she is solid black and
> therefore supposedly "bad luck." Well, she is GOOD luck and deserved
> a much better name than that. So, she became Holly. Her name is a
> shortened version of "Holiday Cat" because I adopted her between the
> Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays (immediately after Thanksgiving
> in 1995). She is gorgeous, wonderful, and greatly loved.
> MaryL
>
> Photos of Holly: >'o'<
> Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
> Holly and Duffy together: http://tinyurl.com/8b47e

Happy annifursary, Holly.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Suz
November 24th 08, 01:47 PM
wrote:
> Tomorrow (Nov. 24) is the 13th annifursary of the day I adopted Holly. �She
> is very special - my little shadow, my loving companion, and Duffy's "big
> sister" for the last 4� years. �Her name when I adopted her had been Jinx,
> so-named because she is solid black and therefore supposedly "bad luck."
> Well, she is GOOD luck and deserved a much better name than that. �So, she
> became Holly. �Her name is a shortened version of "Holiday Cat" because I
> adopted her between the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays (immediately
> after Thanksgiving in 1995). �She is gorgeous, wonderful, and greatly loved.
>
> MaryL
>
> Photos of Holly: �>'o'<
> Holly: �http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
> Holly and Duffy together: �http://tinyurl.com/8b47e

Happy Annifursary to a beautiful black velvet kitty.

Suz&Spicey

Rene S.
November 24th 08, 03:03 PM
Congrats to you and Holly! She is a beauty.

Kreisleriana[_3_]
November 24th 08, 03:29 PM
. ..
> Tomorrow (Nov. 24) is the 13th annifursary of the day I adopted Holly.
> She is very special - my little shadow, my loving companion, and Duffy's
> "big sister" for the last 4 years. Her name when I adopted her had been
> Jinx, so-named because she is solid black and therefore supposedly "bad
> luck." Well, she is GOOD luck and deserved a much better name than that.
> So, she became Holly. Her name is a shortened version of "Holiday Cat"
> because I adopted her between the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays
> (immediately after Thanksgiving in 1995). She is gorgeous, wonderful, and
> greatly loved.
>
> MaryL
>
> Photos of Holly: >'o'<
> Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
> Holly and Duffy together: http://tinyurl.com/8b47e

Such a charming pair! Happy annifursary to you and Holly.

--
Theresa and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Stinky Forever: http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Irulan
November 24th 08, 05:22 PM
We all know Holly and Duffy give you much joy and love. We would like to
wish Holly a very happy 13th adoption anniversary. May she have many, many
more.

Lily & her mama

. ..
> Tomorrow (Nov. 24) is the 13th annifursary of the day I adopted Holly.
> She is very special - my little shadow, my loving companion, and Duffy's
> "big sister" for the last 4 years. Her name when I adopted her had been
> Jinx, so-named because she is solid black and therefore supposedly "bad
> luck." Well, she is GOOD luck and deserved a much better name than that.
> So, she became Holly. Her name is a shortened version of "Holiday Cat"
> because I adopted her between the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays
> (immediately after Thanksgiving in 1995). She is gorgeous, wonderful, and
> greatly loved.
>
> MaryL
>
> Photos of Holly: >'o'<
> Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
> Holly and Duffy together: http://tinyurl.com/8b47e

--
Irulan
from the stars we come
to the stars we return
from now until the end of time.

CatNipped[_2_]
November 24th 08, 06:00 PM
Hoppy anifursary Holly!

Hugs,

CatNipped

. ..
> Tomorrow (Nov. 24) is the 13th annifursary of the day I adopted Holly.
> She is very special - my little shadow, my loving companion, and Duffy's
> "big sister" for the last 4 years. Her name when I adopted her had been
> Jinx, so-named because she is solid black and therefore supposedly "bad
> luck." Well, she is GOOD luck and deserved a much better name than that.
> So, she became Holly. Her name is a shortened version of "Holiday Cat"
> because I adopted her between the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays
> (immediately after Thanksgiving in 1995). She is gorgeous, wonderful, and
> greatly loved.
>
> MaryL
>
> Photos of Holly: >'o'<
> Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
> Holly and Duffy together: http://tinyurl.com/8b47e

Christine Burel[_2_]
November 26th 08, 03:03 PM
Happy belated anniversary for Holly - she sure is a beautiful kitty (I love
those black kitties!) and it is obvious she has landed in catnip with her
slave.
Christine
. ..
> Tomorrow (Nov. 24) is the 13th annifursary of the day I adopted Holly.
> She is very special - my little shadow, my loving companion, and Duffy's
> "big sister" for the last 4 years. Her name when I adopted her had been
> Jinx, so-named because she is solid black and therefore supposedly "bad
> luck." Well, she is GOOD luck and deserved a much better name than that.
> So, she became Holly. Her name is a shortened version of "Holiday Cat"
> because I adopted her between the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays
> (immediately after Thanksgiving in 1995). She is gorgeous, wonderful, and
> greatly loved.
>
> MaryL
>
> Photos of Holly: >'o'<
> Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
> Holly and Duffy together: http://tinyurl.com/8b47e

Phil P.
December 1st 08, 04:26 PM
. ..
> Tomorrow (Nov. 24) is the 13th annifursary of the day I adopted Holly.
She
> is very special - my little shadow, my loving companion, and Duffy's "big
> sister" for the last 4 years. Her name when I adopted her had been Jinx,
> so-named because she is solid black and therefore supposedly "bad luck."
> Well, she is GOOD luck and deserved a much better name than that. So, she
> became Holly. Her name is a shortened version of "Holiday Cat" because I
> adopted her between the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays (immediately
> after Thanksgiving in 1995). She is gorgeous, wonderful, and greatly
loved.

> MaryL
>
> Photos of Holly: >'o'<
> Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
> Holly and Duffy together: http://tinyurl.com/8b47e

A little late- but Happy Annifursary. She's beautiful- a real
heart-stopper! 13 years is a big chunk of your life together. I hope you
have another 13 together.

I forgot Duffy is a gray & white long-hair. His markings are very similar to
my recent rescue Sly. 'Both are handsome fellas.

http://maxshouse.com/Mine/Sly/Sly_Album_10-28-08/images/DSC_3374.jpg

My best to the three of you.

Phil

MaryL
December 1st 08, 04:48 PM
"Phil P." > wrote in message

> "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in message
> . ..
>> Tomorrow (Nov. 24) is the 13th annifursary of the day I adopted Holly.
> She
>> is very special - my little shadow, my loving companion, and Duffy's "big
>> sister" for the last 4 years. Her name when I adopted her had been
>> Jinx,
>> so-named because she is solid black and therefore supposedly "bad luck."
>> Well, she is GOOD luck and deserved a much better name than that. So,
>> she
>> became Holly. Her name is a shortened version of "Holiday Cat" because I
>> adopted her between the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays (immediately
>> after Thanksgiving in 1995). She is gorgeous, wonderful, and greatly
> loved.
>>
>> MaryL
>>
>> Photos of Holly: >'o'<
>> Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
>> Holly and Duffy together: http://tinyurl.com/8b47e
>

> A little late- but Happy Annifursary. She's beautiful- a real
> heart-stopper! 13 years is a big chunk of your life together. I hope you
> have another 13 together.
>
> I forgot Duffy is a gray & white long-hair. His markings are very similar
> my recent rescue Sly. 'Both are handsome fellas.
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Mine/Sly/Sly_Album_10-28-08/images/DSC_3374.jpg
>
> My best to the three of you.
>
> Phil

Thanks. Sly's marking really do look similar to Duffy's, although it looks
like Sly's fur may be a bit longer than Duffy's. Gorgeous kitties!

MaryL