PDA

View Full Version : Eilish Could Not Be Saved

Jannie
November 25th 08, 12:07 AM
I lost my precious Eilish this morning. My heart is breaking and I am
still in shock. I posted a message last week to the group about my
puking cats. They are littermates. I did switch their food and one
of them immediately quit vomiting. One did not. I took her to the
vet Saturday when she refused food because she NEVER, EVER refuses
food. Upon examination the vet could feel a tumor in her abdomen and
after taking xrays she was not sure what she would find when she
opened her up. My husband and I said our goodbyes to her this
morning, just in case, she seemed so weak this morning and so not her
fiesty little self. I got the dreaded call and the tumor was on her
intestine 1" x 2" with the blood vessels of the intestine running
right through the tumor. She also had some smaller ones, cannot
recall what she said right now, but one of them was in her bowel. She
said she could remove part of the tumor and some of the smaller ones
and she may live another 4-6 weeks or she could sew her back up and we
could take her home for a few more days, or she could euthanize her.
We decided to euthanize her, Eilish was such an energetic, smart,
neurotic, fiesty little skinny cat, I know she would not want to live
that way. I miss her so much, I still have 2 other cats and a dog,
however they offer me no comfort now because all I want is my Eilish
back. She was only 9 1/2 years old. Thank you all for your previous
comments and for listening. Janice

Claude V. Lucas
November 25th 08, 12:20 AM
In article >,
Jannie > wrote:
>I lost my precious Eilish this morning. My heart is breaking and I am
>still in shock. I posted a message last week to the group about my
>puking cats. They are littermates. I did switch their food and one
>of them immediately quit vomiting. One did not. I took her to the
>vet Saturday when she refused food because she NEVER, EVER refuses
>food. Upon examination the vet could feel a tumor in her abdomen and
>after taking xrays she was not sure what she would find when she
>opened her up. My husband and I said our goodbyes to her this
>morning, just in case, she seemed so weak this morning and so not her
>fiesty little self. I got the dreaded call and the tumor was on her
>intestine 1" x 2" with the blood vessels of the intestine running
>right through the tumor. She also had some smaller ones, cannot
>recall what she said right now, but one of them was in her bowel. She
>said she could remove part of the tumor and some of the smaller ones
>and she may live another 4-6 weeks or she could sew her back up and we
>could take her home for a few more days, or she could euthanize her.
>We decided to euthanize her, Eilish was such an energetic, smart,
>neurotic, fiesty little skinny cat, I know she would not want to live
>that way. I miss her so much, I still have 2 other cats and a dog,
>however they offer me no comfort now because all I want is my Eilish
>back. She was only 9 1/2 years old. Thank you all for your previous
>comments and for listening. Janice

You have my sympathy. It's a horrible decision to have to make.

cybercat
November 25th 08, 12:20 AM
"Jannie" > wrote in message
>I lost my precious Eilish this morning. My heart is breaking and I am
> still in shock.

I'm so sorry, Janice. You clearly gave her the best of care. My heart goes
out to you.

Richard Evans
November 25th 08, 12:23 AM
Jannie > wrote:

>I lost my precious Eilish this morning.

I am so sorry. It's especially hard when relatively young friends go
with little warning.

Candace
November 25th 08, 02:41 AM
On Nov 24, 5:07*pm, Jannie > wrote:
> I lost my precious Eilish this morning. *My heart is breaking and I am
> still in shock. *I posted a message last week to the group about my
> puking cats. *They are littermates. *I did switch their food and one
> of them immediately quit vomiting. *One did not. * I took her to the
> vet Saturday when she refused food because she NEVER, EVER refuses
> food. *Upon examination the vet could feel a tumor in her abdomen and
> after taking xrays she was not sure what she would find when she
> opened her up. *My husband and I said our goodbyes to her this
> morning, just in case, she seemed so weak this morning and so not her
> fiesty little self. *I got the dreaded call and the tumor was on her
> intestine 1" x 2" with the blood vessels of the intestine running
> right through the tumor. *She also had some smaller ones, cannot
> recall what she said right now, but one of them was in her bowel. *She
> said she could remove part of the tumor and some of the smaller ones
> and she may live another 4-6 weeks or she could sew her back up and we
> could take her home for a few more days, or she could euthanize her.
> We decided to euthanize her, Eilish was such an energetic, smart,
> neurotic, fiesty little skinny cat, I know she would not want to live
> that way. *I miss her so much, I still have 2 other cats and a dog,
> however they offer me no comfort now because all I want is my Eilish
> back. *She was only 9 1/2 years old. *Thank you all for your previous
> comments and for listening. *Janice

I'm very sorry about little Eilish. I know words cannot really help
you now other than to know that others here understand your pain. I
have had to have 2 cats who were not quite 9 years old euthanized and,
it's true, it's much sadder when they don't get to live out a "normal"
life span.

Candace

honeybunch
November 25th 08, 03:13 AM
On Nov 24, 7:07*pm, Jannie > wrote:
> I lost my precious Eilish this morning. *My heart is breaking and I am
> still in shock. *I posted a message last week to the group about my
> puking cats. *They are littermates. *I did switch their food and one
> of them immediately quit vomiting. *One did not. * I took her to the
> vet Saturday when she refused food because she NEVER, EVER refuses
> food. *Upon examination the vet could feel a tumor in her abdomen and
> after taking xrays she was not sure what she would find when she
> opened her up. *My husband and I said our goodbyes to her this
> morning, just in case, she seemed so weak this morning and so not her
> fiesty little self. *I got the dreaded call and the tumor was on her
> intestine 1" x 2" with the blood vessels of the intestine running
> right through the tumor. *She also had some smaller ones, cannot
> recall what she said right now, but one of them was in her bowel. *She
> said she could remove part of the tumor and some of the smaller ones
> and she may live another 4-6 weeks or she could sew her back up and we
> could take her home for a few more days, or she could euthanize her.
> We decided to euthanize her, Eilish was such an energetic, smart,
> neurotic, fiesty little skinny cat, I know she would not want to live
> that way. *I miss her so much, I still have 2 other cats and a dog,
> however they offer me no comfort now because all I want is my Eilish
> back. *She was only 9 1/2 years old. *Thank you all for your previous
> comments and for listening. *Janice

I am so sorry for your loss. You did all you could but I know how you
will miss this special cat.

MLB
November 25th 08, 05:33 AM
Jannie wrote:
> I lost my precious Eilish this morning. My heart is breaking and I am
> still in shock. I posted a message last week to the group about my
> puking cats. They are littermates. I did switch their food and one
> of them immediately quit vomiting. One did not. I took her to the
> vet Saturday when she refused food because she NEVER, EVER refuses
> food. Upon examination the vet could feel a tumor in her abdomen and
> after taking xrays she was not sure what she would find when she
> opened her up. My husband and I said our goodbyes to her this
> morning, just in case, she seemed so weak this morning and so not her
> fiesty little self. I got the dreaded call and the tumor was on her
> intestine 1" x 2" with the blood vessels of the intestine running
> right through the tumor. She also had some smaller ones, cannot
> recall what she said right now, but one of them was in her bowel. She
> said she could remove part of the tumor and some of the smaller ones
> and she may live another 4-6 weeks or she could sew her back up and we
> could take her home for a few more days, or she could euthanize her.
> We decided to euthanize her, Eilish was such an energetic, smart,
> neurotic, fiesty little skinny cat, I know she would not want to live
> that way. I miss her so much, I still have 2 other cats and a dog,
> however they offer me no comfort now because all I want is my Eilish
> back. She was only 9 1/2 years old. Thank you all for your previous
> comments and for listening. Janice

"....Rise up slowly, Angel..." It's hard to let you go.Sincere
condolences to those who mourn, MLB

Gandalf
November 25th 08, 07:21 AM
On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 16:07:08 -0800 (PST), Jannie
> wrote:

>I lost my precious Eilish this morning. My heart is breaking and I am
>still in shock. I posted a message last week to the group about my
>puking cats. They are littermates. I did switch their food and one
>of them immediately quit vomiting. One did not. I took her to the
>vet Saturday when she refused food because she NEVER, EVER refuses
>food. Upon examination the vet could feel a tumor in her abdomen and
>after taking xrays she was not sure what she would find when she
>opened her up. My husband and I said our goodbyes to her this
>morning, just in case, she seemed so weak this morning and so not her
>fiesty little self. I got the dreaded call and the tumor was on her
>intestine 1" x 2" with the blood vessels of the intestine running
>right through the tumor. She also had some smaller ones, cannot
>recall what she said right now, but one of them was in her bowel. She
>said she could remove part of the tumor and some of the smaller ones
>and she may live another 4-6 weeks or she could sew her back up and we
>could take her home for a few more days, or she could euthanize her.
>We decided to euthanize her, Eilish was such an energetic, smart,
>neurotic, fiesty little skinny cat, I know she would not want to live
>that way. I miss her so much, I still have 2 other cats and a dog,
>however they offer me no comfort now because all I want is my Eilish
>back. She was only 9 1/2 years old. Thank you all for your previous
>comments and for listening. Janice

I'm so very sorry for your terrible loss.

I know it's hard, but you made the right decision.

Poor Eilish could have come home, but she would have been very sick.

Now, she's at the Bridge, happy and healthy again.

I'm sorry you did not have more time with Eilish.

I hope your grief fades quickly, and is replaced with all the happy
memories you have of your time with Eilish.

November 25th 08, 03:31 PM
My condolences to you and your family. Eilish will be waiting for you
at the Bridge and you will meet again someday.