PDA

View Full Version : Eilish, Thank you for your words of support

Jannie
November 26th 08, 01:49 PM
Thank you everyone who posted words of support for the passing of
Eilish. This is the second morning without her and I keep waiting for
it to get better. I feel like my friends have said they are sorry
about what happened and now that is it. I am not supposed to talk
about it anymore. My husband does not want to talk about it because
it causes him pain so he just goes on like nothing has happened. And
I cannot do that. I feel like if I am happy or if I just act normally
that I am doing a disservice to Eilish. I feel like when I show love
and affection to the other pets that Eilish would be jealous. She did
not like the others. She wanted to be the only one. Has anyone had
these feelings? Thank you again for listening.

cybercat
November 26th 08, 02:13 PM
"Jannie" > wrote in message
> Thank you everyone who posted words of support for the passing of
> Eilish. This is the second morning without her and I keep waiting for
> it to get better. I feel like my friends have said they are sorry
> about what happened and now that is it. I am not supposed to talk
> about it anymore. My husband does not want to talk about it because
> it causes him pain so he just goes on like nothing has happened. And
> I cannot do that. I feel like if I am happy or if I just act normally
> that I am doing a disservice to Eilish. I feel like when I show love
> and affection to the other pets that Eilish would be jealous. She did
> not like the others. She wanted to be the only one. Has anyone had
> these feelings? Thank you again for listening.

You bet. When I lost my last cat, age 18-20. (She was an adult when I got
her so I am not sure of her age.)

When I lose my little Gracie, the sweetest cat I have ever seen, I will lose
it.

Come talk to us, we understand.

Rene S.
November 26th 08, 03:00 PM
Talk/email all you want about it. If you don't get those feelings
out, they will eat you alive. One thing that I found helpful when my
childhood cat died was to make an album/journal of her life. I
collected photos and wrote something about each one. I laughed and
cried while I was doing it, but when I was finally done (a few weeks
later), I felt much better. It was a very healing process.

While I can't understand the jealous feeling you're describing, I
think it's important to shower your other pets with affection. While
they might not have been the best of friends, there is still a loss
and I'm sure they notice it.