PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here ever TASTE cat food?

December 2nd 08, 12:37 AM
I've tasted Deli Cat. It ain't too bad. The sandwhich on the package
makes it look so appealing. I also used to eat Gaines Burgers as a
kid. They are pretty good.

But the we food looks gross, no matter HOW similar it looks and smells
to Dinty Moore beef stew.

Matthew[_3_]
December 2nd 08, 12:51 AM
you need a life
> wrote in message
> I've tasted Deli Cat. It ain't too bad. The sandwhich on the package
> makes it look so appealing. I also used to eat Gaines Burgers as a
> kid. They are pretty good.
>
> But the we food looks gross, no matter HOW similar it looks and smells
> to Dinty Moore beef stew.

James
December 2nd 08, 04:55 PM
On Dec 1, 7:51*pm, "Matthew" > wrote:
> you need a > wrote in message

> > I've tasted Deli Cat. *It ain't too bad. *The sandwhich on the package
> > makes it look so appealing. *I also used to eat Gaines Burgers as a
> > kid. *They are pretty good.
>
> > But the we food looks gross, no matter HOW similar it looks and smells
> > to Dinty Moore beef stew.
>
> > T- Hide quoted text -

Why would anyone eat pet food when real people food is cheaper?

---MIKE---
December 2nd 08, 06:05 PM
I've said that Wellness Chicken smelled better that Dinty Moore's beef
stew. That is faint praise!

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

honeybunch
December 2nd 08, 10:28 PM
On Dec 1, 7:37*pm, wrote:
> I've tasted Deli Cat. *It ain't too bad. *The sandwhich on the package
> makes it look so appealing. *I also used to eat Gaines Burgers as a
> kid. *They are pretty good.
>
> But the we food looks gross, no matter HOW similar it looks and smells
> to Dinty Moore beef stew.

Someone here once said that cats love real stinky food. Personally I
think Wellness is repulsive but Snappy really loves it. Do you think
dog food would be more palatable for humans? Dogs dont seem to care
what they eat.

Matthew[_3_]
December 2nd 08, 11:14 PM
"honeybunch" > wrote in message
On Dec 1, 7:37 pm, wrote:
> I've tasted Deli Cat. It ain't too bad. The sandwhich on the package
> makes it look so appealing. I also used to eat Gaines Burgers as a
> kid. They are pretty good.
>
> But the we food looks gross, no matter HOW similar it looks and smells
> to Dinty Moore beef stew.

Someone here once said that cats love real stinky food. Personally I
think Wellness is repulsive but Snappy really loves it. Do you think
dog food would be more palatable for humans? Dogs dont seem to care
what they eat.

I don't think Humans do either or we would not have McDonald's, Krystals or
White castles

dgk
December 3rd 08, 02:35 PM
On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 18:14:08 -0500, "Matthew"
> wrote:

>"honeybunch" > wrote in message
>On Dec 1, 7:37 pm, wrote:
>> I've tasted Deli Cat. It ain't too bad. The sandwhich on the package
>> makes it look so appealing. I also used to eat Gaines Burgers as a
>> kid. They are pretty good.
>>
>> But the we food looks gross, no matter HOW similar it looks and smells
>> to Dinty Moore beef stew.

>Someone here once said that cats love real stinky food. Personally I
>think Wellness is repulsive but Snappy really loves it. Do you think
>dog food would be more palatable for humans? Dogs dont seem to care
>what they eat.
>
>I don't think Humans do either or we would not have McDonald's, Krystals or
>White castles

Hey! I like White Castle. Of course, I'm always sick afterwards and
regret it, but after a few months I need another fix. It's called
"euphoic recall".

I have wondered why cats like stinky food (and mine do seem to like
some foods that stink - like Friskies Selects). They have such a good
sense of smell you would think that something that clearly stinks
would overwhelm them.

I picked up a few cans of FS because I'm always looking for something
my most picky cat will eat. Espy is 9 lbs and finding something he
likes to eat is tough, he loves stuff with lots of liquid but I won't
feed him most of the cheaper stuff. Normally they all get Pro Plan
Salmon and Rice which all three like.

Espy likes the FS and the ingredients don't appear to be too bad. I
haven't noticed any stinky poops which is generally what happens if
they eat crappy food. Espy even gained a bit of weight and hit 10 lbs
on the scale the other day. Then it went back to 9 but that's ok. My
other two have no problem putting on weight.

Christina Websell
December 3rd 08, 09:29 PM
Surprisingly, Matthew, if you have ever bought Whiskas, you need to know
that the quality control people have to eat it. It's produced only 12 miles
away from me and trust me, I know it's true.
It's not a job I would like myself. It's probably not harmful, but even
so..
(remind me that my job isn't as bad as that..)
That's some sort of job, isn't it? Eating catfood for a living.
Buy Whiskas please, it's been well tested.

Tweed

"Matthew" > wrote in message
ng.com...
> you need a life
> > wrote in message
>> I've tasted Deli Cat. It ain't too bad. The sandwhich on the package
>> makes it look so appealing. I also used to eat Gaines Burgers as a
>> kid. They are pretty good.
>>
>> But the we food looks gross, no matter HOW similar it looks and smells
>> to Dinty Moore beef stew.

rich
December 4th 08, 11:30 PM
Matthew wrote:
> "honeybunch" > wrote in message
> On Dec 1, 7:37 pm, wrote:
>> I've tasted Deli Cat. It ain't too bad. The sandwhich on the package
>> makes it look so appealing. I also used to eat Gaines Burgers as a
>> kid. They are pretty good.
>>
>> But the we food looks gross, no matter HOW similar it looks and smells
>> to Dinty Moore beef stew.

I usual spread it on Ritz crackers ;-)

Seriously, I almost always smell, and sometimes taste, the canned catfood. I've found a couple obviously bad cans I was happy I didn't feed my cats - even a tiny break in the seal will cause spoilage.

Also, we had a batch of bad Indoor Purina hard food at oneof the local Sams Clubs. Food was good, but they think it was stored near some petroleum products. Just enough smell got into it so the cats would not eat it.

Rich

December 5th 08, 07:07 AM
On Dec 2, 5:25*pm, zob > wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Dec 2008 16:37:11 -0800 (PST), wrote:
> >I've tasted Deli Cat. *It ain't too bad. *The sandwhich on the package
> >makes it look so appealing. *I also used to eat Gaines Burgers as a
> >kid. *They are pretty good.
>
> >But the we food looks gross, no matter HOW similar it looks and smells
> >to Dinty Moore beef stew.

> * * * * * * * * * * * * * *ACME
> . * * * * * * * * *TROLL-O-METER
> . * 0 * 1 * 2 * 3 * 4 * 5 * 6 * 7 * 8 * 9 * 10
>
> Not bad! * *:-)

THAT is funny. I have 3 cats and am nuts about them. I also have a
SICK and TWISTED sense of humor....