PDA

View Full Version : care for pets

Loving Pets
December 3rd 08, 05:22 PM
I have an 18 year old cat whose fur is badly matted. I have not been
able to successfully groom her. Is it dangerous to have her sedated at
this age to have her professionally shaved/clipped? Do you have any
suggestions for dealing with this problem?
http://www.pets-planet.info/index.htm

Rene S.
December 3rd 08, 06:59 PM
Because of your cat's age, I would bring her in to a vet. If she needs
to be sedated, the vet can draw blood and run a blood panel on her
numbers beforehand. At this point, if the matting is that bad, you
won't be able to comb it out. In fact, it might be quite painful if
you try to brush it now.

cwcatartist
December 14th 08, 12:56 AM
> I have an 18 year old cat whose fur is badly matted. I have not been
> able to successfully groom her. Is it dangerous to have her sedated at
> this age to have her professionally shaved/clipped?

Yes. Persistently and gently brush and comb. You'll get her groomed,
but it will take many sessions.

Carol Wilson, Cat Artist
http://www.cafepress.com/carolwilsoncats
http://CarolWilsonCatArt.imagekind.com