PDA

View Full Version : A SMALL VICTORY

Matthew[_3_]
December 4th 08, 05:50 PM
For those who might not know the case this woman left her dog here in
Florida to starve to death in a cage with food only feet way. She did not
want the dog to go to a shelter to be put to sleep.

Abrams Sentenced To 8 Months For Dog Abuse

VIERA -- A woman who plead guilty to leaving her dog to starve to death has
been sentenced to eight months behind bars on animal cruelty charges.
In October, Christine Abrams, 30, decided to plead guilty.
Abrams moved out of her Cocoa home and left her German Shepherd, Ella, in a
cage without food or water in March.
Abrams reportedly decided to plead guilty after a judge denied her motion
seeking to throw out key evidence.
Because of the guilty plea, Abrams did not go to trial. Instead, she
entered a plea to the court, which meant the judge had total discretion over
the sentence.

S.Smith
December 7th 08, 07:21 PM
"Matthew" > wrote in message
ng.com...
> For those who might not know the case this woman left her dog here in
> Florida to starve to death in a cage with food only feet way. She did not
> want the dog to go to a shelter to be put to sleep.
>

> Abrams Sentenced To 8 Months For Dog Abuse
>
> VIERA -- A woman who plead guilty to leaving her dog to starve to death
> has been sentenced to eight months behind bars on animal cruelty charges.
> In October, Christine Abrams, 30, decided to plead guilty.
> Abrams moved out of her Cocoa home and left her German Shepherd, Ella, in
> a cage without food or water in March.
> Abrams reportedly decided to plead guilty after a judge denied her motion
> seeking to throw out key evidence.
> Because of the guilty plea, Abrams did not go to trial. Instead, she
> entered a plea to the court, which meant the judge had total discretion
> over the sentence.
What happened to the dog? Was the dog rescued?
Petey's Mom

Matthew[_3_]
December 7th 08, 08:24 PM
No the dog was a dead when the neighbors noticed a smell and the police had
to bust the door down

The POS is getting 8 months in jail 1 year probation and some hefty fines

"S.Smith" > wrote in message

> "Matthew" > wrote in message
> ng.com...
>> For those who might not know the case this woman left her dog here in
>> Florida to starve to death in a cage with food only feet way. She did
>> not want the dog to go to a shelter to be put to sleep.
>>

>> Abrams Sentenced To 8 Months For Dog Abuse
>>
>> VIERA -- A woman who plead guilty to leaving her dog to starve to death
>> has been sentenced to eight months behind bars on animal cruelty charges.
>> In October, Christine Abrams, 30, decided to plead guilty.
>> Abrams moved out of her Cocoa home and left her German Shepherd, Ella, in
>> a cage without food or water in March.
>> Abrams reportedly decided to plead guilty after a judge denied her motion
>> seeking to throw out key evidence.
>> Because of the guilty plea, Abrams did not go to trial. Instead, she
>> entered a plea to the court, which meant the judge had total discretion
>> over the sentence.
> What happened to the dog? Was the dog rescued?
> Petey's Mom

S.Smith
December 9th 08, 04:37 PM
"Matthew" > wrote in message
g.com...
> No the dog was a dead when the neighbors noticed a smell and the police
> had to bust the door down
>
> The POS is getting 8 months in jail 1 year probation and some hefty fines
>

> "S.Smith" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Matthew" > wrote in message
>> ng.com...
>>> For those who might not know the case this woman left her dog here in
>>> Florida to starve to death in a cage with food only feet way. She did
>>> not want the dog to go to a shelter to be put to sleep.
>>>

>>> Abrams Sentenced To 8 Months For Dog Abuse
>>>
>>> VIERA -- A woman who plead guilty to leaving her dog to starve to death
>>> has been sentenced to eight months behind bars on animal cruelty
>>> charges.
>>> In October, Christine Abrams, 30, decided to plead guilty.
>>> Abrams moved out of her Cocoa home and left her German Shepherd, Ella,
>>> in a cage without food or water in March.
>>> Abrams reportedly decided to plead guilty after a judge denied her
>>> motion seeking to throw out key evidence.
>>> Because of the guilty plea, Abrams did not go to trial. Instead, she
>>> entered a plea to the court, which meant the judge had total discretion
>>> over the sentence.
>> What happened to the dog? Was the dog rescued?
>> Petey's Mom

How sad for that poor dog. I wish I could have just 5 minutes with the POS.
Petey's Mom

Matthew[_3_]
December 9th 08, 04:45 PM
"S.Smith" > wrote in message

> "Matthew" > wrote in message
> g.com...
>> No the dog was a dead when the neighbors noticed a smell and the police
>> had to bust the door down
>>
>> The POS is getting 8 months in jail 1 year probation and some hefty fines
>>

>> "S.Smith" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Matthew" > wrote in message
>>> ng.com...

>>> What happened to the dog? Was the dog rescued?
>>> Petey's Mom
>>>
> How sad for that poor dog. I wish I could have just 5 minutes with the
> POS.
> Petey's Mom
I would need 20 for what I would plan to do

Outsider
December 9th 08, 08:51 PM
zob > wrote in
:

> On Tue, 09 Dec 2008 16:37:06 GMT, "S.Smith" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Matthew" > wrote in message
g.com...
>>> No the dog was a dead when the neighbors noticed a smell and the
>>> police had to bust the door down
>>>
>>> The POS is getting 8 months in jail 1 year probation and some hefty
>>> fines

>>How sad for that poor dog. I wish I could have just 5 minutes with
>>the POS. Petey's Mom
>>
> The punishment should fit the crime. Perhaps they should merely not
> bring her food or water for a while she is in jail.

Bring it; just leave it out of reach.