PDA

View Full Version : Dry food without fish?

Ken[_4_]
December 14th 08, 04:06 PM
I feed my cat three times a day, one meal dry food. I just belatedly
discovered her Purina dry food contains fish meal. She seems to be
allergic to fish and shellfish. Can anyone suggest a dry food that does
not contain either? A product from a good company unlikely to be
contaminated next time China dreams up some new poison to put in pet
food? It would be nice if it helped keep her teeth clean. It would also
be nice if it were widely available, not just in pet stores.

TIA

Ken

cwcatartist
December 15th 08, 06:01 AM
> fish and shellfish. Can anyone suggest a dry food that does not contain either?

Get to every cat food website you can find, and read or get their
ingredients lists. And/or drive around to the grocery and pet stores
writing down the information you need from packages.

Carol Wilson, Cat Artist
http://www.cafepress.com/carolwilsoncats
http://CarolWilsonCatArt.imagekind.com

Rene S.
December 15th 08, 04:23 PM
On Dec 14, 11:01*pm, cwcatartist > wrote:
> > fish and shellfish. Can anyone suggest a dry food that does not contain either?
>
> Get to every cat food website you can find, and read or get their
> ingredients lists. And/or drive around to the grocery and pet stores
> writing down the information you need from packages.

Carol is right. This is what you will need to do. Have you thought
about switching your cat to a grain-free wet diet? While fish is
commonly an allergen trigger for cats, so are many grains like corn.
Here's a good article on feline nutrition you should read: http://www.catinfo.org