PDA

View Full Version : Winter is Here!

December 22nd 08, 01:31 PM
Last night, it got to 10F with a 20+ mph wind, gusting to 30+.

Woke up this morning to see Boswell (20# Maine Coon) sitting in the
middle of the back yard on the picnic table facing *into* the wind
with what is best described as a s**t-eating grin on his face. If ever
there was a cat that loves winter weather, he is the one. And when it
snows, he rolls in it.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

kraut
December 22nd 08, 04:17 PM
On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 05:31:22 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>Last night, it got to 10F with a 20+ mph wind, gusting to 30+.
>
>Woke up this morning to see Boswell (20# Maine Coon) sitting in the
>middle of the back yard on the picnic table facing *into* the wind
>with what is best described as a s**t-eating grin on his face. If ever
>there was a cat that loves winter weather, he is the one. And when it
>snows, he rolls in it.
>
>Peter Wieck
>Melrose Park, PA

One simple question. Why would you leave a cat out during the night
in that kind of weather?!?!?!?

December 22nd 08, 05:09 PM
On Dec 22, 11:17*am, kraut >
wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 05:31:22 -0800 (PST), "
>
> > wrote:
> >Last night, it got to 10F with a 20+ mph wind, gusting to 30+.
>
> >Woke up this morning to see Boswell (20# Maine Coon) sitting in the
> >middle of the back yard on the picnic table facing *into* the wind
> >with what is best described as a s**t-eating grin on his face. If ever
> >there was a cat that loves winter weather, he is the one. And when it
> >snows, he rolls in it.
>
> >Peter Wieck
> >Melrose Park, PA
>
> One simple question. *Why would you leave a cat out during the night
> in that kind of weather?!?!?!?

He comes and goes as he pleases. It is called a "Pet Door" and is used
freely by all four animals. However, only the cats have the ability to
get over the fences. Boswell lives for cold weather - it is his
favorite time of the year, the colder the better. And at 13, he shows
no sign of changing his mind.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

cybercat
December 22nd 08, 05:22 PM
"kraut" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 05:31:22 -0800 (PST), "
> > wrote:
>
>>Last night, it got to 10F with a 20+ mph wind, gusting to 30+.
>>
>>Woke up this morning to see Boswell (20# Maine Coon) sitting in the
>>middle of the back yard on the picnic table facing *into* the wind
>>with what is best described as a s**t-eating grin on his face. If ever
>>there was a cat that loves winter weather, he is the one. And when it
>>snows, he rolls in it.
>>
>>Peter Wieck
>>Melrose Park, PA
>

> One simple question. Why would you leave a cat out during the night
> in that kind of weather?!?!?!?

I'm guessing the answer is why I have this asshole kfed.

Claude V. Lucas
December 22nd 08, 06:11 PM
In article >,
> wrote:
>Last night, it got to 10F with a 20+ mph wind, gusting to 30+.
>
>Woke up this morning to see Boswell (20# Maine Coon) sitting in the
>middle of the back yard on the picnic table facing *into* the wind
>with what is best described as a s**t-eating grin on his face. If ever
>there was a cat that loves winter weather, he is the one. And when it
>snows, he rolls in it.
>
>Peter Wieck
>Melrose Park, PA

A couple of days ago when it was snowing here, Rascal bolted out the
door and she stayed out for about twenty seconds before she figured out
that she's not a snow kitty.

Noon Cat Nick
December 22nd 08, 06:51 PM
wrote:
> Last night, it got to 10F with a 20+ mph wind, gusting to 30+.
>
> Woke up this morning to see Boswell (20# Maine Coon) sitting in the
> middle of the back yard on the picnic table facing *into* the wind
> with what is best described as a s**t-eating grin on his face. If ever
> there was a cat that loves winter weather, he is the one. And when it
> snows, he rolls in it.
>
> Peter Wieck
> Melrose Park, PA

Here in Geneseo, IL, the temp dropped to -4F with a wind chill of
-25F. Leo tried several times to go out last night; each time it took
less than a minute for him to change his mind.

Right now (12:48 pm CST) the temp is up to 6F with a wind chill of
-10F. I just let Leo out. He seems to be surviving it this time: he's
been out for at least five minutes, with no sound of him wanting back
in. Maybe this means he'll sleep at least during part of the night
without bellowing for me, the love of his life, to be at his beck and
call from midnight to sunrise (which he's done the past two nights).

DWMeowMix
December 22nd 08, 08:47 PM
On Dec 22, 6:31*am, " > wrote:
> Last night, it got to 10F with a 20+ mph wind, gusting to 30+.
>
> Woke up this morning to see Boswell (20# Maine Coon) sitting in the
> middle of the back yard on the picnic table facing *into* the wind
> with what is best described as a s**t-eating grin on his face. If ever
> there was a cat that loves winter weather, he is the one. And when it
> snows, he rolls in it.
>
> Peter Wieck
> Melrose Park, PA

HA! It's 17 degrees here and my Waco baby is a wuss...he screams and
cry's half the night to be let out and then in the morning when I do,
I open the door, he sniffs the outside air, decides it's too cold and
goes and curls up by the wood stove!

Debbie

honeybunch
December 23rd 08, 12:14 AM
On Dec 22, 12:09*pm, " > wrote:
> On Dec 22, 11:17*am, kraut >
> wrote:
>

> > On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 05:31:22 -0800 (PST), "
>
> > > wrote:
> > >Last night, it got to 10F with a 20+ mph wind, gusting to 30+.
>
> > >Woke up this morning to see Boswell (20# Maine Coon) sitting in the
> > >middle of the back yard on the picnic table facing *into* the wind
> > >with what is best described as a s**t-eating grin on his face. If ever
> > >there was a cat that loves winter weather, he is the one. And when it
> > >snows, he rolls in it.
>
> > >Peter Wieck
> > >Melrose Park, PA
>
> > One simple question. *Why would you leave a cat out during the night
> > in that kind of weather?!?!?!?
>
> He comes and goes as he pleases. It is called a "Pet Door" and is used
> freely by all four animals. However, only the cats have the ability to
> get over the fences. Boswell lives for cold weather - it is his
> favorite time of the year, the colder the better. And at 13, he shows
> no sign of changing his mind.
>
> Peter Wieck
> Melrose Park, PA

my Snuffy has a very thick coat and so likes to go out in this weather
(for a while). What do you do with your winter loving cat in the
summer? Snuffy has a difficult time in the summer because he has such
a thick coat. It sheds all summer actually. Do you bathe Boswell or
shave him I wonder? How does he do in the hot summers and how do you
make it easier for him?