PDA

View Full Version : Peeing in an inappropriate spot

Mark Healey[_2_]
December 26th 08, 04:51 AM
One of my cats (about 6yo) started peeing on my dirty laundry pile. The
first time I assumed it was because I neglected the box for a couple of
days. Now it seems he thinks this is his peeing spot.

How can I correct this?

--
Mark Healey
marnkews ãt healeyopolis döt com

Matthew[_3_]
December 26th 08, 05:14 AM
"Mark Healey" > wrote in message
> One of my cats (about 6yo) started peeing on my dirty laundry pile. The
> first time I assumed it was because I neglected the box for a couple of
> days. Now it seems he thinks this is his peeing spot.
>
> How can I correct this?
>

> --
> Mark Healey
> marnkews t healeyopolis dt com

clean the area
take to vet to make sure it is not a medical problem
clean your clothes in a timely fashion

Mark Healey[_2_]
December 27th 08, 08:47 AM
On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 23:14:07 -0500, Matthew wrote:

> "Mark Healey" > wrote in message
>> One of my cats (about 6yo) started peeing on my dirty laundry pile.
>> The first time I assumed it was because I neglected the box for a
>> couple of days. Now it seems he thinks this is his peeing spot.
>>
>> How can I correct this?
>>

>> --
>> Mark Healey
>> marnkews ãt healeyopolis döt com
>

> clean the area

Did that.

> take to vet to make sure it is not a medical problem

I've seen the stream. Flow isn't a problem.

>clean your clothes in a timely fashion

It takes as much time to do 6 loads as it does to do two. When you
figure the time spent doing laundry it is worth the initial outlay for
extra clothes to reduce your time in the laund-ro-mat.

--
Mark Healey
marnkews ãt healeyopolis döt com

Matthew[_3_]
December 27th 08, 04:39 PM
"Mark Healey" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 23:14:07 -0500, Matthew wrote:
>
>> "Mark Healey" > wrote in message
>>> One of my cats (about 6yo) started peeing on my dirty laundry pile.
>>> The first time I assumed it was because I neglected the box for a
>>> couple of days. Now it seems he thinks this is his peeing spot.
>>>
>>> How can I correct this?
>>>

>>> --
>>> Mark Healey
>>> marnkews t healeyopolis dt com
>>

>> clean the area
>
> Did that.
>
>> take to vet to make sure it is not a medical problem
>
> I've seen the stream. Flow isn't a problem.

Flow has nothing to do with it

>>clean your clothes in a timely fashion
>
> It takes as much time to do 6 loads as it does to do two. When you
> figure the time spent doing laundry it is worth the initial outlay for
> extra clothes to reduce your time in the laund-ro-mat.

No excuse ever think that he may not like the smell or the smell excites
him to do the deed

> --
> Mark Healey
> marnkews t healeyopolis dt com

---MIKE---
December 27th 08, 07:50 PM
Mark Healey wrote:

>It takes as much time to do 6 loads as it
> does to do two. When you figure the
> time spent doing laundry it is worth the
> initial outlay for extra clothes to reduce
> your time in the laund-ro-mat.

Keep your dirty clothes in a hamper.

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Janet
December 27th 08, 07:58 PM
Buy a plastic garbage can with a lid that you can use as a laundry hamper.

Use Nature's Miracle to clean the area and eliminate lingering odor.

cwcatartist
December 27th 08, 08:09 PM
> One of my cats (about 6yo) started peeing on my dirty laundry pile. The
> first time I assumed it was because I neglected the box for a couple of
> days. Now it seems he thinks this is his peeing spot.
>
> How can I correct this?

It has claimed this new spot. Close it off and reintroduce your cat to
its (freshly cleaned) litter box, as though it were a new cat.

Carol Wilson, Cat Artist
http://www.cafepress.com/carolwilsoncats
http://CarolWilsonCatArt.imagekind.com

---MIKE---
December 28th 08, 12:29 AM
cwcatartist wrote:

>reintroduce your cat to its (freshly
> cleaned) litter box

Too clean might not be the best idea. The litter box should have some
odors to let the cat know that it's the right place.

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Wendy
December 28th 08, 04:03 PM
"Mark Healey" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 23:14:07 -0500, Matthew wrote:
>
>> "Mark Healey" > wrote in message
>>> One of my cats (about 6yo) started peeing on my dirty laundry pile.
>>> The first time I assumed it was because I neglected the box for a
>>> couple of days. Now it seems he thinks this is his peeing spot.
>>>
>>> How can I correct this?
>>>

>>> --
>>> Mark Healey
>>> marnkews t healeyopolis dt com
>>

>> clean the area
>
> Did that.
>
>> take to vet to make sure it is not a medical problem
>
> I've seen the stream. Flow isn't a problem.

I'm glad the flow is good. If you have a urine test done to make sure kitty
doesn't have crystals in the urine or other urinary tract problems it will
stay that way. The first thing that happens when a cat is developing a
urinary tract problem isn't reduced flow. It's frequently peeing outside the
box. Once you have eliminated that possibility then you can start trying to
do something about a behavioral issue - like getting laundry up off the
floor

Wendy

Rene S.
December 29th 08, 08:14 PM
On Dec 28, 9:03*am, "Wendy" > wrote:
> "Mark Healey" > wrote in message

> >> clean the area
>
> > Did that.
>
> >> take to vet to make sure it is not a medical problem
>
> > I've seen the stream. *Flow isn't a problem.
>
> I'm glad the flow is good. If you have a urine test done to make sure kitty
> doesn't have crystals in the urine or other urinary tract problems it will
> stay that way. The first thing that happens when a cat is developing a
> urinary tract problem isn't reduced flow. It's frequently peeing outside the
> box. Once you have eliminated that possibility then you can start trying to
> do something about a behavioral issue - like getting laundry up off the
> floor
>
> Wendy

Yes, just because he is physically able to urinate doesn't mean he
doesn't have a medical problem. Please get him in for a thorough check
up. In the mean time, don't make your laundry accessible to him, and
be sure to clean any soiled laundry with an enzymatic cleaner like
Nature's Miracle or (my favorite) Pet Zyme, available at PetSmarts.