PDA

View Full Version : What kind of kitty is this?

World Class Pins
January 17th 09, 05:52 AM
Is this a special sort of cat? Yes, I know their ALL special, OK.
Still, Maybe a Main Coon or Norweigan Forrest Cat? His tail is not
super bushy like the black one. I can take bettet pix if needed. Each
hand is as big as his whole face! He's still growing and very fistey
because he still has his nuggets for now. Don't worry, I'm not a
breeder- furthest thing from it actually. They find me, you know how
it is. Cheers, Karl.
http://karlzona.smugmug.com/gallery/3878995_xfrZm#456113057_WmQKz-A-LB

Claude V. Lucas
January 17th 09, 05:55 AM
In article >,
World Class Pins > wrote:
>Is this a special sort of cat? Yes, I know their ALL special, OK.
>Still, Maybe a Main Coon or Norweigan Forrest Cat? His tail is not
>super bushy like the black one. I can take bettet pix if needed. Each
>hand is as big as his whole face! He's still growing and very fistey
>because he still has his nuggets for now. Don't worry, I'm not a
>breeder- furthest thing from it actually. They find me, you know how
>it is. Cheers, Karl.
>http://karlzona.smugmug.com/gallery/3878995_xfrZm#456113057_WmQKz-A-LB

He has the "M" on his forehead, so he's at least part Maine Coon...

MLB
January 17th 09, 07:06 AM
Claude V. Lucas wrote:
> In article >,
> World Class Pins > wrote:
>> Is this a special sort of cat? Yes, I know their ALL special, OK.
>> Still, Maybe a Main Coon or Norweigan Forrest Cat? His tail is not
>> super bushy like the black one. I can take bettet pix if needed. Each
>> hand is as big as his whole face! He's still growing and very fistey
>> because he still has his nuggets for now. Don't worry, I'm not a
>> breeder- furthest thing from it actually. They find me, you know how
>> it is. Cheers, Karl.
>> http://karlzona.smugmug.com/gallery/3878995_xfrZm#456113057_WmQKz-A-LB
>
> He has the "M" on his forehead, so he's at least part Maine Coon...

The black one may have a bit of persion and the other is s tabby. both
look like nice cats. MLB

Richard Evans
January 17th 09, 04:56 PM
(Claude V. Lucas) wrote:

>In article >,
>World Class Pins > wrote:
>>Is this a special sort of cat? Yes, I know their ALL special, OK.
>>Still, Maybe a Main Coon or Norweigan Forrest Cat? His tail is not
>>super bushy like the black one. I can take bettet pix if needed. Each
>>hand is as big as his whole face! He's still growing and very fistey
>>because he still has his nuggets for now. Don't worry, I'm not a
>>breeder- furthest thing from it actually. They find me, you know how
>>it is. Cheers, Karl.
>>http://karlzona.smugmug.com/gallery/3878995_xfrZm#456113057_WmQKz-A-LB
>
>He has the "M" on his forehead, so he's at least part Maine Coon...

The "M" is characteristic of all tabbys, not limited to Maine Coon.

Claude V. Lucas
January 17th 09, 05:32 PM
In article >,
Richard Evans > wrote:
(Claude V. Lucas) wrote:

>>In article >,
>>World Class Pins > wrote:
>>>Is this a special sort of cat? Yes, I know their ALL special, OK.
>>>Still, Maybe a Main Coon or Norweigan Forrest Cat? His tail is not
>>>super bushy like the black one. I can take bettet pix if needed. Each
>>>hand is as big as his whole face! He's still growing and very fistey
>>>because he still has his nuggets for now. Don't worry, I'm not a
>>>breeder- furthest thing from it actually. They find me, you know how
>>>it is. Cheers, Karl.
>>>http://karlzona.smugmug.com/gallery/3878995_xfrZm#456113057_WmQKz-A-LB
>>
>>He has the "M" on his forehead, so he's at least part Maine Coon...
>
>The "M" is characteristic of all tabbys, not limited to Maine Coon.

Unless they're part Maine Coon they're violating the copyright
and should be wary of being sued for infringement.

January 17th 09, 06:09 PM
On Jan 17, 12:52*am, World Class Pins > wrote:
> Is this a special sort of cat? Yes, I know their ALL special, OK.
> Still, Maybe a Main Coon or Norweigan Forrest Cat? His tail is not
> super bushy like the black one. I can take bettet pix if needed. Each
> hand is as big as his whole face! He's still growing and very fistey
> because he still has his nuggets for now. Don't worry, I'm not a
> breeder- furthest thing from it actually. They find me, you know how
> it is. *Cheers, Karl.http://karlzona.smugmug.com/gallery/3878995_xfrZm#456113057_WmQKz-A-LB

Maine Coons are built a little like Rail-type dragsters with long hind
legs. Their feet are also partially webbed (similar to a golden
retreiver) with long hair between the toes. Many (but not all) have
tufted ears as well. Adult males can exceed 25 pounds of healthy
weight, although the average is somewhere between 16 and 18. Our male
is 18 pounds. Long faces are standard (no shortening of the jaw).
Maine coons also have an undercoat that is pretty substantial in the
winter and minimal in the summer. They also shed in clumps.

Persians tend to be shorter, stockier, and have some degree or other
of pushed in face. They shed normally and normally have little or no
undercoat summer or winter. Weights tend to run up to 10 pounds with
outlyers as much as 14 or 15 pounds. Healthy weight, of course.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Janet
January 17th 09, 09:05 PM
wrote:
> On Jan 17, 12:52 am, World Class Pins > wrote:
>> Is this a special sort of cat? Yes, I know their ALL special, OK.
>> Still, Maybe a Main Coon or Norweigan Forrest Cat?

Your tabby looks rather like mine facially, except that mine has ear tufts,
some long white guard hairs, and extensive white areas (chest, belly,
elsewhere). She's also long, with a somewhat bushy tail that she carries
up. Those in the know think that she's probably part Maine Coon. Yours
doesn't have the look, to my eyes. But I am certainly not an expert.

Both pretty cats.

cybercat
January 17th 09, 09:43 PM
(Claude V. Lucas) wrote:

>>>In article
>,
>>>
>>>He has the "M" on his forehead, so he's at least part Maine Coon...
>>
>>The "M" is characteristic of all tabbys, not limited to Maine Coon.
>
> Unless they're part Maine Coon they're violating the copyright
> and should be wary of being sued for infringement.

Yes, Claude, you are correct. Thank you for setting the record straight.

news[_2_]
January 18th 09, 01:27 PM
(Claude V. Lucas) wrote:

>>>In article
>,
>>>
>>>He has the "M" on his forehead, so he's at least part Maine Coon...
>>
>>The "M" is characteristic of all tabbys, not limited to Maine Coon.
>
> Unless they're part Maine Coon they're violating the copyright
> and should be wary of being sued for infringement.

Well my tabbies (all M's, not a shred of Maine Coon) better all get jobs
because I'm not paying for a frivolous lawsuit over this.

news[_2_]
January 18th 09, 01:29 PM
"World Class Pins" > wrote in message
> Is this a special sort of cat? Yes, I know their ALL special, OK.
> Still, Maybe a Main Coon or Norweigan Forrest Cat? His tail is not
> super bushy like the black one. I can take bettet pix if needed. Each
> hand is as big as his whole face! He's still growing and very fistey
> because he still has his nuggets for now. Don't worry, I'm not a
> breeder- furthest thing from it actually. They find me, you know how
> it is. Cheers, Karl.
> http://karlzona.smugmug.com/gallery/3878995_xfrZm#456113057_WmQKz-A-LB

That's an American Domestic Long Hair.

Curmudgeon
January 18th 09, 02:32 PM
In article >, news >
wrote:

> "World Class Pins" > wrote in message
> > Is this a special sort of cat? Yes, I know their ALL special, OK.
> > Still, Maybe a Main Coon or Norweigan Forrest Cat? His tail is not
> > super bushy like the black one. I can take bettet pix if needed. Each
> > hand is as big as his whole face! He's still growing and very fistey
> > because he still has his nuggets for now. Don't worry, I'm not a
> > breeder- furthest thing from it actually. They find me, you know how
> > it is. Cheers, Karl.
> > http://karlzona.smugmug.com/gallery/3878995_xfrZm#456113057_WmQKz-A-LB
>
> That's an American Domestic Long Hair.

Good golly, that's a pair of very handsome cats! I must agree with the
American Domestic Longhair ID. I have a Maine Coon, "Woof" by name, on
my lap at the moment, and he concurs.

--
Cheers!

Mudge

"And if California slides into the ocean like the mystics and
statistics say it will, I predict this hotel will be standing
until I pay my bill."

World Class Pins
January 19th 09, 01:22 AM
Thanks all. I think now that Woof, the star character witness has
opined I think we can put the (Tabby) question to bed.

Thanks also for the compliments and yes the black 17 pounder (and
both) are quite a character. Here he's doing some pinball work.
http://karlzona.smugmug.com/gallery/3224250_TpLgK#178103384_Pa7Pk-A-LB
http://karlzona.smugmug.com/gallery/3320218_hiMba#198317348_bcKCb-A-LB
Both these long haired's just showed up and would not leave. Joker,
the black one has the amazing defense mechanism to shrink into a soft
fluffy ball with no face, ears, or limbs all while tripling his
"picking up" wieght. Transversely he will reach up and grab you,
escallating until his needs are met and he's very needy. Day or night
most of the time just for some attention. The tabby is still new, a
bit jumpy, feisty, and becoming quite a snuggler. Both are very good
eaters.

Thanks for all the input and helping with all these critters. Best
wishes,
Karl.

> > That's an American Domestic Long Hair.
> Good golly, that's a pair of very handsome cats! *I must agree with the
> American Domestic Longhair ID. *I have a Maine Coon, "Woof" by name, on
> my lap at the moment, and he concurs.
> Cheers!
> Mudge

cshenk
January 19th 09, 11:38 PM
"World Class Pins" wrote

http://karlzona.smugmug.com/gallery/3224250_TpLgK#178103384_Pa7Pk-A-LB
http://karlzona.smugmug.com/gallery/3320218_hiMba#198317348_bcKCb-A-LB

> > That's an American Domestic Long Hair.

Yes, also for a time they were working to make a distinct subset of this
called the 'American Black Beauty' but that seems to have fallen by the
wayside.