PDA

View Full Version : Is 5F cold?

James
January 17th 09, 08:57 PM
Last night I came home at midnight and it was 8F. I called around for
Pussy but she must have fallen asleep. The heat was off since noon
and it was 46F indoors. At 1am I put some food out for Pussy just in
case. I went around calling her. Finally she came running from the
bushes. It might be cold to the thermometer but not for her because
instead of going inside she insisted in eating first. There we were
out in 5F, me watching her eat. Finally she came in. This morning it
was 42F indoors. The heat was on for 3 hours before it got to 50F. I
have too much assets to qualify for welfare even though my income is
only 4 figures.

Cheryl
January 17th 09, 11:59 PM
"James" > wrote in message
> Last night I came home at midnight and it was 8F. I called around for
> Pussy but she must have fallen asleep. The heat was off since noon
> and it was 46F indoors. At 1am I put some food out for Pussy just in
> case. I went around calling her. Finally she came running from the
> bushes. It might be cold to the thermometer but not for her because
> instead of going inside she insisted in eating first. There we were
> out in 5F, me watching her eat. Finally she came in. This morning it
> was 42F indoors. The heat was on for 3 hours before it got to 50F. I
> have too much assets to qualify for welfare even though my income is
> only 4 figures.

I am so sorry to hear that you can't run heat. You must be so cold to the
bone all the time. I think your cat will be ok, but maybe you can look
around for other resources to help with heat. Maybe your utility company.
Good luck and stay warm.

James
January 19th 09, 12:40 AM
On Jan 17, 5:59*pm, "Cheryl" > wrote:
> "James" > wrote in message

> > Last night I came home at midnight and it was 8F. *I called around for
> > Pussy but she must have fallen asleep. *The heat was off since noon
> > and it was 46F indoors. *At 1am I put some food out for Pussy just in
> > case. *I went around calling her. *Finally she came running from the
> > bushes. *It might be cold to the thermometer but not for her because
> > instead of going inside she insisted in eating first. *There we were
> > out in 5F, me watching her eat. *Finally she came in. *This morning it
> > was 42F indoors. *The heat was on for 3 hours before it got to 50F. I
> > have too much assets to qualify for welfare even though my income is
> > only 4 figures.
>
> I am so sorry to hear that you can't run heat. *You must be so cold to the
> bone all the time. *I think your cat will be ok, but maybe you can look
> around for other resources to help with heat. *Maybe your utility company.
> Good luck and stay warm.

It's not that cold under the electric blanket.

Today above freezing she came in at 6pm and sat in front of the heat
vent for a few minutes. That really early for her. She might want to
go out again later.

dejablues[_4_]
January 19th 09, 03:52 AM
"Cheryl" > wrote in message

> "James" > wrote in message
>> Last night I came home at midnight and it was 8F. I called around for
>> Pussy but she must have fallen asleep. The heat was off since noon
>> and it was 46F indoors. At 1am I put some food out for Pussy just in
>> case. I went around calling her. Finally she came running from the
>> bushes. It might be cold to the thermometer but not for her because
>> instead of going inside she insisted in eating first. There we were
>> out in 5F, me watching her eat. Finally she came in. This morning it
>> was 42F indoors. The heat was on for 3 hours before it got to 50F. I
>> have too much assets to qualify for welfare even though my income is
>> only 4 figures.
>
> I am so sorry to hear that you can't run heat. You must be so cold to the
> bone all the time. I think your cat will be ok, but maybe you can look
> around for other resources to help with heat. Maybe your utility company.
> Good luck and stay warm.

Hey ": Give up your FIOS account and pay your heating
bills, or stop trolling for sympathy, asshat.

cybercat
January 19th 09, 04:23 AM
"dejablues" > wrote in message

> "Cheryl" > wrote in message
>>
>> "James" > wrote in message
>>> Last night I came home at midnight and it was 8F. I called around for
>>> Pussy but she must have fallen asleep. The heat was off since noon
>>> and it was 46F indoors. At 1am I put some food out for Pussy just in
>>> case. I went around calling her. Finally she came running from the
>>> bushes. It might be cold to the thermometer but not for her because
>>> instead of going inside she insisted in eating first. There we were
>>> out in 5F, me watching her eat. Finally she came in. This morning it
>>> was 42F indoors. The heat was on for 3 hours before it got to 50F. I
>>> have too much assets to qualify for welfare even though my income is
>>> only 4 figures.
>>
>> I am so sorry to hear that you can't run heat. You must be so cold to
>> the bone all the time. I think your cat will be ok, but maybe you can
>> look around for other resources to help with heat. Maybe your utility
>> company. Good luck and stay warm.
>
> Hey ": Give up your FIOS account and pay your
> heating bills, or stop trolling for sympathy, asshat.

He might sell his computer, too.

Matthew[_3_]
January 19th 09, 06:55 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "dejablues" > wrote in message

>>> I am so sorry to hear that you can't run heat. You must be so cold to
>>> the bone all the time. I think your cat will be ok, but maybe you can
>>> look around for other resources to help with heat. Maybe your utility
>>> company. Good luck and stay warm.
>>
>> Hey ": Give up your FIOS account and pay your
>> heating bills, or stop trolling for sympathy, asshat.
>>

> He might sell his computer, too.

Hey I am disabled and supposed to be retired. The ex bitch tried to destroy
me and take everything I worked my ass of to have. I work two jobs due to
the economy. I give up what ever I can to make sure my cats and my mother
are taken care of. I have stressed my self out to the point where I can
barely walk sometimes and have IBS due to the stress. Lay awake most of the
night worrying when will the next pay check come in. I refuse to get help
from the government more people with pets need it more than I do but It
sure would be easier. "Daddy always taught me work till you can't stand any
more at work than find a chair."

Many of nights ate 5 cent roman noodles with mustard and ketchup I got from
a food cart. To make sure the cats got food. I did what was necessary. I
am still young but am so ashamed of this generation.

I took a vacation that was free from the Credit card company and was so
stressed out I barely could relax and I ended up catching a cold. But did
get to belly rub a jaguar and give scritches to a serval. Had an ocelot
want to know why I was in her territory and eyeballed the heck out of me.
Pictures are coming just being lazy and still sick

I also did get 3 marriage proposals but not enough money and Cuban cigars.

Can I get some sympathy here folks.

I really need some. Or at least I think I do or do the people that still
drink alcohol, still smoke, go out to eat, go to the movies. Drive fancy
cars or spend beyond their means need it more than I do ;-)

To the ones that due need it All the blessings in the world but the first
thing that gets shut off is the internet and the cable. No one needs these
things. You can go to any library and use theirs.

James
January 19th 09, 07:16 AM
On Jan 18, 9:52*pm, "dejablues" > wrote:
> "Cheryl" > wrote in message

> > "James" > wrote in message
> >> Last night I came home at midnight and it was 8F. *I called around for
> >> Pussy but she must have fallen asleep. *The heat was off since noon
> >> and it was 46F indoors. *At 1am I put some food out for Pussy just in
> >> case. *I went around calling her. *Finally she came running from the
> >> bushes. *It might be cold to the thermometer but not for her because
> >> instead of going inside she insisted in eating first. *There we were
> >> out in 5F, me watching her eat. *Finally she came in. *This morning it
> >> was 42F indoors. *The heat was on for 3 hours before it got to 50F. I
> >> have too much assets to qualify for welfare even though my income is
> >> only 4 figures.
>
> > I am so sorry to hear that you can't run heat. *You must be so cold to the
> > bone all the time. *I think your cat will be ok, but maybe you can look
> > around for other resources to help with heat. *Maybe your utility company.
> > Good luck and stay warm.
>
> Hey ": Give up your FIOS account and pay your heating
> bills, *or stop trolling for sympathy, asshat.- Hide quoted text -

Hey dejablues Look in the mirror if you want to see an asshOLE AND a
bad speller.

Have a nice day.

James
January 19th 09, 07:24 AM
On Jan 19, 12:55*am, "Matthew" >
wrote:

> Many of nights ate 5 cent roman noodles with mustard and ketchup I got from
> a food cart. *To make sure the cats got food. I did what was necessary.

The cheapest I've seen lately is at least 12 cents. The cheapest I
ever got them was 12 for $1.

Matthew[_3_]
January 19th 09, 03:06 PM
"James" > wrote in message
On Jan 19, 12:55 am, "Matthew" >
wrote:

> Many of nights ate 5 cent roman noodles with mustard and ketchup I got
> from
> a food cart. To make sure the cats got food. I did what was necessary.

The cheapest I've seen lately is at least 12 cents. The cheapest I
ever got them was 12 for $1.

They range from ..03 to .12 by me

Spot[_2_]
January 19th 09, 04:32 PM
You ought to be able to qualify for LIHEAP assistance. The income limits
are pretty high now and most everyone qualifys for a little help of some
sort.

http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/ocs/liheap/

Celeste

--
Save 25% or more on your eBayŽ auctions
Snipe eBay Auctions with Bidnip

"James" > wrote in message
> Last night I came home at midnight and it was 8F. I called around for
> Pussy but she must have fallen asleep. The heat was off since noon
> and it was 46F indoors. At 1am I put some food out for Pussy just in
> case. I went around calling her. Finally she came running from the
> bushes. It might be cold to the thermometer but not for her because
> instead of going inside she insisted in eating first. There we were
> out in 5F, me watching her eat. Finally she came in. This morning it
> was 42F indoors. The heat was on for 3 hours before it got to 50F. I
> have too much assets to qualify for welfare even though my income is
> only 4 figures.

James
January 19th 09, 08:51 PM
On Jan 19, 9:06*am, "Matthew" >
wrote:
> "James" > wrote in message

> On Jan 19, 12:55 am, "Matthew" >
> wrote:
>

> > Many of nights ate 5 cent roman noodles with mustard and ketchup I got
> > from
> > a food cart. To make sure the cats got food. I did what was necessary.
>
> The cheapest I've seen lately is at least 12 cents. *The cheapest I
> ever got them was 12 for $1.
>
> They range from ..03 to .12 by me

Which stores have them at the low end? I was just at WalMart and they
had them for .17.

James
January 19th 09, 08:53 PM
On Jan 19, 10:32*am, "Spot" > wrote:
> You ought to be able to qualify for LIHEAP assistance. *The income limits
> are pretty high now and most everyone qualifys for a little help of some
> sort.
>
> http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/ocs/liheap/
>
> Celeste

Thanks I'll look into it.

January 20th 09, 09:18 PM
On Jan 18, 9:52*pm, "dejablues" > wrote:

> Hey ": Give up your FIOS account and pay your heating
> bills, *or stop trolling for sympathy, asshat.

Might be that he is using the Public Library - free, warm and mostly
clean. Might be that he has been laid off from a no-benefits job -
there are a few of those going around. Might be that he skimps on heat
to feed the cat. Might be a bunch of stuff before a FIOS account comes
into play.

We purchased our house last March after a foreclosure. The previous
owners had two businesses and one very good 'regular job'. However,
the regular job was as an architect, the two businesses were in
commercial furniture and commercial office operating supplies -
equipment and hardware, not paper clips and copier stock. Their
combined income was over $200,000K in 2004.

Then their child got sick. Then the architect job (and its benefits)
went away. Then the commercial office furniture business job dried up
and with it the other business as well. And we wound up with the house
they had lived in for three years at considerably less than half what
they had paid for and put into it. From the RED TAG on the boiler,
during the last two of those three years, they did not heat the house
either - and I had to replace 17 of 32 radiators and the central
boiler before we could move in as a result. They also mothballed 2
bathrooms due to failed pipes.

We found this out all after-the-fact - but the point is that
conditions can change suddenly and seriously through no fault of the
individuals involved. May you _NEVER_ face such conditions yourself,
for if you did with your poisonous attitude you will suffer mightily.
Or, did you inherit Daddy's money and so have no need to work?

It is a good thing - for which I am thankful every minute of every day
- that I am healthy, handy and have a good job with a good income. Nor
do I think for one hummingbird heartbeat that this is a permanent
condition.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Candace
January 20th 09, 11:58 PM
On Jan 20, 1:18*pm, " > wrote:

> It is a good thing - for which I am thankful every minute of every day
> - that I am healthy, handy and have a good job with a good income. Nor
> do I think for one hummingbird heartbeat that this is a permanent
> condition.
>
> Peter Wieck
> Melrose Park, PA

Boy, that is for sh!tsure now. I think about it everyday--glad I have
a job and hopeful that it can continue as things, regrettably, will
probably worsen. Even Obama said so in his somber, realistic speech
today...thereby causing the stock market to fall when, traditionally,
it goes up on Inauguration Day.

I don't think I will be casting aspersions for awhile.

Candace

cybercat
January 21st 09, 01:08 AM
"Candace" > wrote
>probably worsen. Even Obama said so in his somber, realistic speech
>today...thereby causing the stock market to fall when, traditionally,
>it goes up on Inauguration Day.

Come on, Candace, do you really think they KNOW why the stock market falls?

cshenk
January 21st 09, 02:55 AM
>Might be that he is using the Public Library - free, warm and mostly

My Mom does. She's 78 and on a limited income.

>found this out all after-the-fact - but the point is that
>conditions can change suddenly and seriously through no fault of the
>individuals involved. May you _NEVER_ face such conditions yourself,
>Or, did you inherit Daddy's money and so have no need to work?

It can happen to any of us.

cybercat
January 21st 09, 03:00 AM
"cshenk" > wrote in message
> >Might be that he is using the Public Library - free, warm and mostly
>
> My Mom does. She's 78 and on a limited income.
>
>>found this out all after-the-fact - but the point is that
>>conditions can change suddenly and seriously through no fault of the
>>individuals involved. May you _NEVER_ face such conditions yourself,
>>Or, did you inherit Daddy's money and so have no need to work?
>
> It can happen to any of us.

I would sell my computer to pay the heat bill, that's for sure. That's why
you would never see me posting to Usenet about my ****ing heat being turned
off. Ugh.

cshenk
January 21st 09, 03:24 AM
"cybercat" wrote

>I would sell my computer to pay the heat bill, that's for sure. That's why
>you would never see me posting to Usenet about my ****ing heat being turned
>off. Ugh.

A used older computer will net you at best 50$. A used new state of the art
one 200$. Reality, in a cold area of 5F, his heat for a week will cost that
or more.

You may not have been hit hard with the times, and i have not been but many
have. If he's not a troll and instead legit, he's got his heat down to 45F
so he can feed the cat. Cant ask much more than that can ya?

cybercat
January 21st 09, 03:38 AM
"cshenk" > wrote in message
> "cybercat" wrote
>
>>I would sell my computer to pay the heat bill, that's for sure. That's why
>>you would never see me posting to Usenet about my ****ing heat being
>>turned off. Ugh.
>
> A used older computer will net you at best 50$. A used new state of the
> art one 200$. Reality, in a cold area of 5F, his heat for a week will
> cost that or more.
>
> You may not have been hit hard with the times, and i have not been but
> many have. If he's not a troll and instead legit, he's got his heat down
> to 45F so he can feed the cat. Cant ask much more than that can ya?

You are so gullible.

January 21st 09, 04:23 AM
On Jan 20, 9:24*pm, "cshenk" > wrote:
> "cybercat" wrote
>
> >I would sell my computer to pay the heat bill, that's for sure. That's why
> >you would never see me posting to Usenet about my ****ing heat being turned
> >off. Ugh.
>
> A used older computer will net you at best 50$. *A used new state of the art
> one 200$. *Reality, in a cold area of 5F, his heat for a week will cost that
> or more.
>
> You may not have been hit hard with the times, and i have not been but many
> have. *If he's not a troll and instead legit, he's got his heat down to 45F
> so he can feed the cat. *Cant ask much more than that can ya?

Maybe Cyber & Deja should get a room - they can keep each other nice
and warm - and stay out of here with their anger, resentfulness and
bitterness. I am absolutely sure that if either one of them got into
trouble they would leap to each other's assistance - don't you agree?
Sad and stupid.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA