PDA

View Full Version : Is yours right or left handed?

James
January 24th 09, 09:40 PM
I think my pussy is a southpaw. Seems she always use her left paw
when ever she reaches for me. I'm going to start noting if she curls
up to the right or to the left and which side she rolls on the ground
when she want to play.

LauraM[_2_]
January 24th 09, 11:30 PM
On Jan 24, 1:40*pm, James > wrote:
> I think my pussy is a southpaw. *Seems she always use her left paw
> when ever she reaches for me. *I'm going to start noting if she curls
> up to the right or to the left and which side she rolls on the ground
> when she want to play.

Mine is a righty. In the morning while I'm laying in bed on my right
side, he jumps up, lays facing me with his head on the pillow then
reaches his right paw out and gently puts it on my cheek. My little
angel.

Noon Cat Nick
January 24th 09, 11:33 PM
James wrote:
> I think my pussy is a southpaw. Seems she always use her left paw
> when ever she reaches for me. I'm going to start noting if she curls
> up to the right or to the left and which side she rolls on the ground
> when she want to play.

Mine's a lefty, too. Always uses that paw whenever he picks up wet food
from the bowl and brings it to his mouth.

I read somewhere an indeterminate time ago that cats, dogs, or any
non-human animals that use their front limbs for manipulation are 50-50
when it comes to right/left preference. Wish I could remember the source.

MaryL
January 25th 09, 01:33 AM
"James" > wrote in message
>I think my pussy is a southpaw. Seems she always use her left paw
> when ever she reaches for me. I'm going to start noting if she curls
> up to the right or to the left and which side she rolls on the ground
> when she want to play.

Holly is a righty. Duffy is ambidextrous. He will sit beside his Turbo
Scratcher and hit the ball around and around, sometimes hitting it with the
right paw, then catch it on the way back and hit it with his left paw. He
will even jump back and forth over the scratcher to do the same thing, again
using either paw.

MaryL
Photos of Duffy and Holly: >'o'<
Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o

sudee
January 25th 09, 06:17 AM
On Jan 24, 5:33*pm, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER>
wrote:
> "James" > wrote in message

> >I think my pussy is a southpaw. *Seems she always use her left paw
> > when ever she reaches for me. *I'm going to start noting if she curls
> > up to the right or to the left and which side she rolls on the ground
> > when she want to play.
>
> Holly is a righty. *Duffy is ambidextrous. *He will sit beside his Turbo
> Scratcher and hit the ball around and around, sometimes hitting it with the
> right paw, then catch it on the way back and hit it with his left paw. *He
> will even jump back and forth over the scratcher to do the same thing, again
> using either paw.
>
> MaryL
> Photos of Duffy and Holly: * * *>'o'<
> Duffy: *http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
> Holly: *http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
> Duffy and Holly together: *http://tinyurl.com/8b47e

We think our siamese is a lefty. He seems to prefer to slap with his
left when playing with you, etc.

Sue

---MIKE---
January 25th 09, 01:17 PM
Amber and Tiger sometimes lay with their arms crossed. It's almost
always right over left.

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

honeybunch
January 25th 09, 09:44 PM
On Jan 25, 8:17*am, (---MIKE---) wrote:
> Amber and Tiger sometimes lay with their arms crossed. *It's almost
> always right over left.
>
> * * * * * * * * * ---MIKE--->>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>
> *>> (44 15' *N - Elevation 1580')

I wonder if the cat brain is similar to the human brain with right and
left brain characteristics.

Curmudgeon
January 25th 09, 10:43 PM
In article
honeybunch > wrote:

> On Jan 25, 8:17*am, (---MIKE---) wrote:
> > Amber and Tiger sometimes lay with their arms crossed. *It's almost
> > always right over left.
>
> I wonder if the cat brain is similar to the human brain with right and
> left brain characteristics.

Don't know about that but it wouldn't surprise me at all. I *do* know
that my Woof is almost exclusively right-pawed. His clumsy attempts to
bat moths or flies out of the air are always with his right. He's not
very good at it and has been known to throw himself right off the table
in his enthusiasm. I don't think I've ever seen him catch anything but
I love him anyway. One of my primary endearments for him is Woof Goof
and it fits him perfectly. Maine Coons are a real treat: They were off
doing something else when God handed out genes for feline gracefulness.

Purrmudgeon

--

Cheers!

Mudge

"And if California slides into the ocean like the mystics and
statistics say it will, I predict this hotel will be standing
until I pay my bill."

honeybunch
January 26th 09, 01:46 PM

http://www.members.shaw.ca/hidden-talents/brain/113-right.html