PDA

View Full Version : Cat's fur won't grow back

June[_2_]
January 30th 09, 10:45 PM
My male cat age 7 had his tummy shaved last August when he had a urinary
tract problem. The vet had to put him under to get crystals out of his
bladder. The procedure was successful but the fur has not grown back. He
only has like a peach fuzz on his tummy. He's an indoor cat so it's not a
big problem but it does seem strange. Do I need to be concerned?
.........June

Matthew[_3_]
January 30th 09, 10:58 PM
"June" > wrote in message
> My male cat age 7 had his tummy shaved last August when he had a urinary
> tract problem. The vet had to put him under to get crystals out of his
> bladder. The procedure was successful but the fur has not grown back.
> He only has like a peach fuzz on his tummy. He's an indoor cat so it's
> not a big problem but it does seem strange. Do I need to be concerned?
> ........June

June did you ever ask your vet about this

Yes IMO it is strange My Phantom and Rumble had their neck shaved and
several weeks later grew back

jmc
January 31st 09, 12:52 AM
Suddenly, without warning, June exclaimed (1/30/2009 4:45 PM):
> My male cat age 7 had his tummy shaved last August when he had a urinary
> tract problem. The vet had to put him under to get crystals out of his
> bladder. The procedure was successful but the fur has not grown
> back. He only has like a peach fuzz on his tummy. He's an indoor cat
> so it's not a big problem but it does seem strange. Do I need to be
> concerned? ........June

Have a close look at the ends of the shafts of that peach fuzz - and run
your fingers lightly over it. Are the ends spit and ragged? Or smooth
and sharp? Is it the whole shaved area, or is the bare area bigger or
smaller now?

It's possible your cat is fur-mowing there now, keeping it short. When
my cat developed anxiety, she started licking her belly bare, so that
all that was there was bare skin, with peach fuzz around the edges.

At any rate, I'd contact your vet about it - if you can't tell, your vet
probably can.

jmc

cybercat
January 31st 09, 06:08 AM
"jmc" > wrote

> It's possible your cat is fur-mowing there now, keeping it short. When my
> cat developed anxiety, she started licking her belly bare, so that all
> that was there was bare skin, with peach fuzz around the edges.

My gracie did this with her spay incision site for over a year, until she
got very comfortable with us. Her belly was pink and smooth, now it is
covered with cream colored fur and spots. :)

MLB
January 31st 09, 07:37 PM
June wrote:
> My male cat age 7 had his tummy shaved last August when he had a urinary
> tract problem. The vet had to put him under to get crystals out of his
> bladder. The procedure was successful but the fur has not grown
> back. He only has like a peach fuzz on his tummy. He's an indoor cat
> so it's not a big problem but it does seem strange. Do I need to be
> concerned? ........June

Have you considered a contact allergy? What does he sleep on? MLB

dalmoaccor
February 4th 09, 07:37 PM
On Jan 30, 4:45*pm, "June" > wrote:
> My male cat age 7 had his tummy shaved last August when he had a urinary
> tract problem. * The vet had to put him under to get crystals out of his
> bladder. * The procedure was successful but the fur has not grown back. * He
> only has like a peach fuzz on his tummy. *He's an indoor cat so it's not a
> big problem but it does seem strange. *Do I need to be concerned?
> ........June

If your dog, cat or horse is having skin problems we can help you, for
FREE! Nature Best Products, LLC is testing a new and revolutionary
product for pets and humans alike. The trials are being done and
supervised by DR. ROBERT BERGER (www.tunies.blip.tv). You can also
visit us at: www.stomacin-u.com You don't pay anything, we even pay
the S&H, we only ask for your honest opinion and to send us a simple
form provided by us, with some questions, that's it. We will not use
your information to sale you anything, nor do we share information
with any company. For more information please send an e-mail to:

Sara Hix
June 12th 12, 06:43 PM
My girl kitty had the same bladder surgery and her tummy fur has not grown back either. It's been about 3 months. Just curious, did your kitty's fur ever grow back?