PDA

View Full Version : Cats prefer to nap with company?

John Doe
February 4th 09, 05:24 AM
Anybody else notice that cats enjoy waking up (like from a nap) to
company? My feral female sometimes cries a bit when she wakes up
without being near the male.

--
my cats on their skyway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/3190773594/

Clara Semps
February 6th 09, 10:15 PM
In article >, John Doe
> wrote:

> Anybody else notice that cats enjoy waking up (like from a nap) to
> company? My feral female sometimes cries a bit when she wakes up
> without being near the male.

Indeed. Furby, the mama's boy, often naps at the end of my bed when I'm
watching TV at night. He's be dead asleep for a couple of hours, then
wake up, stretch, meow plaintively, turn around and walk right onto me.
He needs to company!!! Gotta have that loving when he wakes.

As for why... they say that cats are lone creatures. I don't believe
that's true. If you've ever seen barn cats, they're a family. The males
will often hunt together. The females will nurse each other's young.
They prefer to sleep together rather than alone. They are very much
familial based animals when give the choice. Even in the wild, feral
cats that have found "homes" in safe areas will band together.
While the males will definitely leave the 'pride' to find mates, or
when times are lean, there's a distinct preference for staying
together.

So, yup, I notice. :)