PDA

View Full Version : who invented these things

bartlet
February 5th 09, 02:59 PM
Lucy has toxoplasmosis, they've already started her treatment
it's a slow comeback, given it was a slow downhill roll getting this
bad

she's weak
they also blame it for her left eye being dialated

I have to read up on this

I had already bought her a roller skate to get around the house
I think she'll be walking again instead

cybercat
February 5th 09, 03:31 PM
"bartlet" > wrote in message
> Lucy has toxoplasmosis

http://www.vet.cornell.edu/fhc/brochures/toxo.html

If you left her feces around for more than five days, or let Jupiter out
where she could be exposed to it, Jupiter may have it too. You may also have
it but will not produce the oocytes that cause the harm. If any pregnant
women have been exposed to Lucy let them know. Don't ever feed her raw meat
again, or let her out where she can kill anything or come upon a kill.
That's where she got it.

Stan Brown
February 6th 09, 02:47 AM
Thu, 5 Feb 2009 10:31:06 -0500 from cybercat >:

> "bartlet" > wrote in message
> > Lucy has toxoplasmosis
>
> http://www.vet.cornell.edu/fhc/brochures/toxo.html
>
> If you left her feces around for more than five days, or let Jupiter out
> where she could be exposed to it, Jupiter may have it too. You may also have
> it but will not produce the oocytes that cause the harm. If any pregnant
> women have been exposed to Lucy let them know. Don't ever feed her raw meat
> again, or let her out where she can kill anything or come upon a kill.
> That's where she got it.

Oh -- so you *do* admit that there are some situations where a cat's
natural behavior is not the best thing for it?

So apparently a cat's not supposed to eat raw meat even though that's
what it evolved to do, but it's supposed to eat wet food instead of
dry even though it evolved to eat neither one.

Okaaaaaaayyyyyyy....

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...

cybercat
February 6th 09, 04:25 AM
"Stan Brown" > wrote in message
> Thu, 5 Feb 2009 10:31:06 -0500 from cybercat >:
>>
>> "bartlet" > wrote in message
>> > Lucy has toxoplasmosis
>>
>> http://www.vet.cornell.edu/fhc/brochures/toxo.html
>>
>> If you left her feces around for more than five days, or let Jupiter out
>> where she could be exposed to it, Jupiter may have it too. You may also
>> have
>> it but will not produce the oocytes that cause the harm. If any pregnant
>> women have been exposed to Lucy let them know. Don't ever feed her raw
>> meat
>> again, or let her out where she can kill anything or come upon a kill.
>> That's where she got it.
>
> Oh -- so you *do* admit that there are some situations where a cat's
> natural behavior is not the best thing for it?
>
> So apparently a cat's not supposed to eat raw meat even though that's
> what it evolved to do, but it's supposed to eat wet food instead of
> dry even though it evolved to eat neither one.
>
> Okaaaaaaayyyyyyy....

You're a moron, Stan. Good luck with that.

Matthew[_3_]
February 6th 09, 04:37 AM
"Stan Brown" > wrote in message
> Thu, 5 Feb 2009 10:31:06 -0500 from cybercat >:
>>
>> "bartlet" > wrote in message
>> > Lucy has toxoplasmosis
>>
>> http://www.vet.cornell.edu/fhc/brochures/toxo.html
>>
>> If you left her feces around for more than five days, or let Jupiter out
>> where she could be exposed to it, Jupiter may have it too. You may also
>> have
>> it but will not produce the oocytes that cause the harm. If any pregnant
>> women have been exposed to Lucy let them know. Don't ever feed her raw
>> meat
>> again, or let her out where she can kill anything or come upon a kill.
>> That's where she got it.
>
> Oh -- so you *do* admit that there are some situations where a cat's
> natural behavior is not the best thing for it?
>
> So apparently a cat's not supposed to eat raw meat even though that's
> what it evolved to do, but it's supposed to eat wet food instead of
> dry even though it evolved to eat neither one.
>
> Okaaaaaaayyyyyyy....

> http://OakRoadSystems.com
> Shikata ga nai...

Stan Do you know Barry or his situation? The answer is no so this is
where you walk away with some dignity.

She was referring to what he did not the cat species in general

Stan Brown
February 6th 09, 06:40 PM
Thu, 5 Feb 2009 23:25:08 -0500 from cybercat >:

> "Stan Brown" > wrote in message

> >> http://www.vet.cornell.edu/fhc/brochures/toxo.html
> >>
> >> If you left her feces around for more than five days, or let Jupiter out
> >> where she could be exposed to it, Jupiter may have it too. You may also
> >> have
> >> it but will not produce the oocytes that cause the harm. If any pregnant
> >> women have been exposed to Lucy let them know. Don't ever feed her raw
> >> meat
> >> again, or let her out where she can kill anything or come upon a kill.
> >> That's where she got it.
> >
> > Oh -- so you *do* admit that there are some situations where a cat's
> > natural behavior is not the best thing for it?
> >
> > So apparently a cat's not supposed to eat raw meat even though that's
> > what it evolved to do, but it's supposed to eat wet food instead of
> > dry even though it evolved to eat neither one.
> >
> > Okaaaaaaayyyyyyy....
> >

> You're a moron, Stan. Good luck with that.

Always a pleasure to observe your version of reasoned discussion.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...

Clara Semps
February 6th 09, 07:41 PM
In article >, Stan Brown
> wrote:

> Thu, 5 Feb 2009 10:31:06 -0500 from cybercat >:
> >
> > "bartlet" > wrote in message
> > > Lucy has toxoplasmosis
> >
> > http://www.vet.cornell.edu/fhc/brochures/toxo.html
> >
> > If you left her feces around for more than five days, or let Jupiter out
> > where she could be exposed to it, Jupiter may have it too. You may also
> > have
> > it but will not produce the oocytes that cause the harm. If any pregnant
> > women have been exposed to Lucy let them know. Don't ever feed her raw meat
> > again, or let her out where she can kill anything or come upon a kill.
> > That's where she got it.
>
> Oh -- so you *do* admit that there are some situations where a cat's
> natural behavior is not the best thing for it?
>
> So apparently a cat's not supposed to eat raw meat even though that's
> what it evolved to do, but it's supposed to eat wet food instead of
> dry even though it evolved to eat neither one.
>
> Okaaaaaaayyyyyyy....

If you believe that cats should eat, do, whatever, only what they have
been evolved to do in the wild, then you should not domesticate a cat
or have one in your home. Stay-at-home cats live 3 to 5 times longer
than their indoor/outdoor, outdoor only or feral relatives. Why? Well,
it could be because they are 'not allowed' to eat raw meat which could,
and obviously does cause diseases and problems. Or that they are given
wet or dry nutritionally balance food. Or that they are kept away from
predators and other things that might harm them. I know you're being
sarcastic in your statements, but you raise an interesting subject.

Stan Brown
February 7th 09, 11:29 PM
6 Feb 2009 13:41:01 -0600 from Clara Semps >:
> If you believe that cats should eat, do, whatever, only what they have
> been evolved to do in the wild, then you should not domesticate a cat
> or have one in your home. Stay-at-home cats live 3 to 5 times longer
> than their indoor/outdoor, outdoor only or feral relatives. Why? Well,
> it could be because they are 'not allowed' to eat raw meat which could,
> and obviously does cause diseases and problems. Or that they are given
> wet or dry nutritionally balance food. Or that they are kept away from
> predators and other things that might harm them. I know you're being
> sarcastic in your statements, but you raise an interesting subject.

This is my point exactly.

For domesticated cats, what they would do in the wild is of some
help, but it is not the argument-ender that certain snippy people
seemed to think.

The same is true of humans, by the way. "Natural" behavior for us is
cowering in trees and eating bugs, but I have no desire to go back to
that and I doubt anyone else does either.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...

cyberpurrs
February 8th 09, 02:58 AM
"Stan Brown" > wrote
> For domesticated cats, what they would do in the wild is of some
> help, but it is not the argument-ender that certain snippy people
> seemed to think.
>
> The same is true of humans, by the way. "Natural" behavior for us is
> cowering in trees and eating bugs, but I have no desire to go back to
> that and I doubt anyone else does either.

Right. So you think this justifies feeding obligate carnivores a diet that
consists mainly of grains.

Stan Brown
February 8th 09, 01:44 PM
Sat, 7 Feb 2009 21:58:10 -0500 from cyberpurrs
>:
>
> "Stan Brown" > wrote
> > For domesticated cats, what they would do in the wild is of some
> > help, but it is not the argument-ender that certain snippy people
> > seemed to think.
> >
> > The same is true of humans, by the way. "Natural" behavior for us is
> > cowering in trees and eating bugs, but I have no desire to go back to
> > that and I doubt anyone else does either.
> >

> Right. So you think this justifies feeding obligate carnivores a diet that
> consists mainly of grains.

Sigh. Some people seem to get a lot of pleasure out of missing the
point.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...

cybercat
February 8th 09, 02:36 PM
"Stan Brown" > wrote in message
t...
> Sat, 7 Feb 2009 21:58:10 -0500 from cyberpurrs
> >:
>>
>> "Stan Brown" > wrote
>> > For domesticated cats, what they would do in the wild is of some
>> > help, but it is not the argument-ender that certain snippy people
>> > seemed to think.
>> >
>> > The same is true of humans, by the way. "Natural" behavior for us is
>> > cowering in trees and eating bugs, but I have no desire to go back to
>> > that and I doubt anyone else does either.
>> >

>> Right. So you think this justifies feeding obligate carnivores a diet
>> that
>> consists mainly of grains.
>
> Sigh. Some people seem to get a lot of pleasure out of missing the
> point.

Which one am I missing? I can see the one on top of your goofy head.

cyberpurrs
February 8th 09, 06:17 PM
"Stan Brown" > wrote in message
t...
> Sat, 7 Feb 2009 21:58:10 -0500 from cyberpurrs
> >:
>>
>> "Stan Brown" > wrote
>> > For domesticated cats, what they would do in the wild is of some
>> > help, but it is not the argument-ender that certain snippy people
>> > seemed to think.
>> >
>> > The same is true of humans, by the way. "Natural" behavior for us is
>> > cowering in trees and eating bugs, but I have no desire to go back to
>> > that and I doubt anyone else does either.
>> >

>> Right. So you think this justifies feeding obligate carnivores a diet
>> that
>> consists mainly of grains.
>
> Sigh. Some people seem to get a lot of pleasure out of missing the
> point.

Translation: Stan has no point. You're a bonehead, Stan.

bartlet
February 12th 09, 03:10 PM
On Feb 7, 6:29*pm, Stan Brown > wrote:

> The same is true of humans, by the way. *"Natural" behavior for us is
> cowering in trees and eating bugs, but I have no desire to go back to
> that and I doubt anyone else does either.

you are right Stan.

Everything was FINE until the store sold me some tainted meat

enuff said

there is certainly no poop laying around the house, lol

even if there was cat poop laying around
a non infected cat would have to eat the infected cats poop
within 2 days of the first infected cat having contracted the toxin

my point is, now I think it's all them raw meats

or. at least, I've never seen Lucy eat a mouse
Jupiter has. she loves them. she eat thems like popcorn
when available

bartlet
February 12th 09, 03:18 PM
On Feb 5, 11:37*pm, "Matthew" >
wrote:

> Stan * Do you know Barry or his situation? *The answer is no *so this is
> where you walk away with some dignity.
>
> She was referring to what he did not the cat species in general- Hide quoted text -

what situation Matt? feeding them raw meat?

I think Stan's point is a very good one

Many people here feed their cat raw meat

bartlet
February 12th 09, 03:28 PM
On Feb 5, 10:31*am, "cybercat" > wrote:
Don't ever feed her raw meat
> again, or let her out where she can kill anything or come upon a kill.
> That's where she got it.

not to worry. they have 60sf to run now

Lucy is going to be fine. I plan to bring her home today

I saw her in a little dream last night, she was trotting past me,
turning a corner
going after Jupiter. So, I hope she is able to get her strength back.
I believe she will.

Thanks for the link. I read it, it's a better read than the wikipedia,
imo.

bartlet
February 12th 09, 03:31 PM
On Feb 5, 10:31*am, "cybercat" > wrote:

> If you left her feces around for more than five days

I meant to say, 60,000 sf of space to run.
but Jupiter is the only one who has explored the rest of the place
Lucy evidently, has been fighting this toxin for some time

There is about 5 to 6 beautiful wild cats that live outside
i've fed them some, but they look well fed on river rats I guess

February 12th 09, 03:38 PM
"bartlet" > wrote in message
On Feb 5, 10:31 am, "cybercat" > wrote:

>> If you left her feces around for more than five days

>I meant to say, 60,000 sf of space to run.

Lucy almost certainly contracted this months ago when you were at the old
place. (The Cornell site says as much if you bothered to read it--by the
time the toxoplasmosis causes paralysis or other extreme condition, the
parasite eggs have been hatching in there for a log time.)

Anything might have been under the house next door, something partially
eaten by rats, dogs, whatever. The warehouse is going to be the same, though
I know the view is better. For you.

Matthew[_3_]
February 12th 09, 03:41 PM
"bartlet" > wrote in message
On Feb 5, 11:37 pm, "Matthew" >
wrote:

> Stan Do you know Barry or his situation? The answer is no so this is
> where you walk away with some dignity.
>
> She was referring to what he did not the cat species in general- Hide
> quoted text -

what situation Matt? feeding them raw meat?

I think Stan's point is a very good one

Many people here feed their cat raw meat

Barry do we need to go there my friend. You know exactly what I am talking
about

bartlet
February 12th 09, 09:35 PM
On Feb 12, 10:41*am, "Matthew" >
wrote:

> Barry *do we need to go there my friend. *You know exactly what I am talking
> about

No Matt, can't say I do

bartlet
February 20th 09, 09:39 PM
On Feb 6, 2:41*pm, Clara Semps > wrote:

> sarcastic in your statements, but you raise an interesting subject.- Hide quoted text -

You make an excellent point, but I don't find Stan's ideas interesting

it's like, little house on the prarie. the men in them days didn't
live very long
because they had to work so hard for basics. like hot water. they had
to build a fire. we just turn on a faucet, and so on. so we live much
longer now.

cats do too, better medicine and food

bartlet
February 20th 09, 09:47 PM
On Feb 12, 10:38*am, "cybercat" > wrote:

> Anything might have been under the house next door, something partially
> eaten by rats, dogs, whatever. The warehouse is going to be the same, though
> I know the view is better. For you.

bah, try another state

try another state

jupiter is fine! hmm? hmm?

bartlet
February 20th 09, 09:47 PM
On Feb 6, 1:40*pm, Stan Brown > wrote:

> Always a pleasure to observe your version of reasoned discussion.

careful, he's fragile

bartlet
February 20th 09, 09:51 PM
On Feb 12, 10:38*am, "cybercat" > wrote:

> Anything might have been under the house next door, something partially
> eaten by rats, dogs, whatever. The warehouse is going to be the same, though
> I know the view is better. For you.

it could have been food lion meats

or food land meats

actually, ALL OF YOUR CATS HAVE COME IN CONTACT WITH THIS PARASITE

the difference is the cats resistance to it
the same goes for us

MOST PEOPLE have had contact with it, and MOST PEOPLE HAVE THE SAME
PARASITE IN THEM RIGHT NOW.

its about resistence

I read the article, that one and others.

bartlet
February 20th 09, 10:07 PM
On Feb 12, 10:38*am, "cybercat" > wrote:

> Anything might have been under the house next door, something partially
> eaten by rats, dogs, whatever. The warehouse is going to be the same, though
> I know the view is better. For you.

Yeah, you should try this river loft penthouse living

it beats the heck out of living beside an 8 lane interstate anyday.
but. no matter... a structure, or location Nancy, doesn't make a home
I'm just saying, You can still be happy living long side of the
interstate
I bet the dust is just awful

I hear ya though, rats and little vermon

but, I think Lucy got her mess in another state