PDA

View Full Version : How do cats know?

Rona Y.
February 7th 09, 01:44 AM
Putting freshly washed and folded sheets in the linen closet. Walk
away to get more stuff, and when I try to put more sheets in, I see a
pair of eyes staring out at me. Kitty has managed, in just a few
minutes, to make a bed out of my freshly folded sheets.

Kitty's asleep on the bed in my room. I change the sheets on the bed
in another room, and when I go back to my room, Kitty is gone.
Where'd she go? To sleep on the bed with the newly-changed sheets.

How does she know? It must be the smell, but it's not like the old
sheets smelled bad. And why does she prefer the freshly washed ones?
Like I said, it's not like the old ones smelled bad.

And in terms of comfort, when sitting on the floor she goes from floor
to newspaper to area rug to jacket fallen on the floor. And if you
drop them consecutively (though a few minutes apart) in that order on
the floor next to each other, she'll actually move within seconds of
having the new option, but if I drop a newspaper next to, say, the
jacket, she won't move back to the newspaper. What's up with that?
How does she know?

Cats.

MLB
February 7th 09, 06:37 AM
Rona Y. wrote:
> Putting freshly washed and folded sheets in the linen closet. Walk
> away to get more stuff, and when I try to put more sheets in, I see a
> pair of eyes staring out at me. Kitty has managed, in just a few
> minutes, to make a bed out of my freshly folded sheets.
>
> Kitty's asleep on the bed in my room. I change the sheets on the bed
> in another room, and when I go back to my room, Kitty is gone.
> Where'd she go? To sleep on the bed with the newly-changed sheets.
>
> How does she know? It must be the smell, but it's not like the old
> sheets smelled bad. And why does she prefer the freshly washed ones?
> Like I said, it's not like the old ones smelled bad.
>
> And in terms of comfort, when sitting on the floor she goes from floor
> to newspaper to area rug to jacket fallen on the floor. And if you
> drop them consecutively (though a few minutes apart) in that order on
> the floor next to each other, she'll actually move within seconds of
> having the new option, but if I drop a newspaper next to, say, the
> jacket, she won't move back to the newspaper. What's up with that?
> How does she know?
>
> Cats.

I call this "claiming" She is saying: this is mine too. But she is
willing to let you use it later. MLB

Rona Y.
February 7th 09, 12:34 PM
On Feb 7, 2:37*pm, MLB > wrote:
> I call this "claiming" *She is saying: *this is mine too. *But she is
> willing to let you use it later. *MLB

LOL!

Ain't that the truth!