PDA

View Full Version : A Little Humor

February 18th 09, 03:16 PM
THE STORY OF ADAM & EVE'S PETS

The Story of Adam & Eve's Pets

Adam and Eve said, 'Lord, when we were in the garden, you walked with
us every day. Now we do not see you any more. We are lonesome here,
and it is difficult for us to remember how much you love us.'

And God said, I will create a companion for you that will be with you
and who will be a reflection of my love for you, so that you will love
me even when you cannot see me. Regardless of how selfish or childish
or unlovable you may be, this new companion will accept you as you are
and will love you as I do, in spite of yourselves.'

And God created a new animal to be a companion for Adam and Eve.
And it was a good animal
And God was pleased.

And the new animal was pleased to be with Adam and Eve and he wagged
his tail .

And Adam said, 'Lord, I have already named all the animals in the
Kingdom and I cannot think of a name for this new animal.'?

And God said, 'I have created this new animal to be a reflection of my
love for you, his name will be a reflection of my own name, and you
will call him DOG.'

And Dog lived with Adam and Eve and was a companion to them and loved
them.?
And they were comforted

And God was pleased.

And Dog was content and wagged his tail.

After a while, it came to pass that an angel came to the Lord and
said, 'Lord, Adam and Eve have become filled with pride. They strut
and preen like peacocks and they believe they are worthy of adoration.
Dog has indeed taught them that they are loved, but perhaps too
well.'?

And God said, I will create for them a companion who will be with them
and who will see them as they are. The companion will remind them of
their limitations, so they will know that they are not always worthy
of adoration.'

And God created CAT to be a companion to Adam and Eve.

And Cat would not obey them. And when Adam and Eve gazed into Cat's
eyes, they were reminded that they were not the supreme beings.

And Adam and Eve learned humility.
And they were greatly improved.

And God was pleased . . . . .
And Dog was happy. . . . .

And Cat didn't give a damn one way or other....

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA