PDA

View Full Version : Funny Toy

Ginger-lyn Summer
November 12th 04, 09:22 PM
I was looking for a couple of birthday cards for friends yesterday,
and ran across something I just *had* to buy for a friend, as it was
one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

It's called the "Crazy Cat Lady Action Figure".

I am not making this up. ;-)

It's an action figure of an older woman with crazy white hair, in a
bathrobe, pajama and slippers. There is a cat in the pocket of her
bathrobe, and one around her neck. It comes with six other little cat
figures.

The background picture in the packaging has bookcases filled with
nothing but cat books, a litterbox, cat tree, etc. An on the back is
a questionnaire to see if you are a crazy cat person ("Does the sound
of a can opener excite you?" "Do you have more cats than
ex-boyfriends?").

I coudn't help myself.

Although DH says I absolutely *cannot* be a "crazy cat lady", because
crazy cat ladies never have husbands! lol!

Ginger-lyn

Jo Firey
November 12th 04, 10:15 PM
"Ginger-lyn Summer" > wrote in message
>I was looking for a couple of birthday cards for friends yesterday,
> and ran across something I just *had* to buy for a friend, as it was
> one of the funniest things I have ever seen.
>
> It's called the "Crazy Cat Lady Action Figure".
>
> I am not making this up. ;-)
>
> It's an action figure of an older woman with crazy white hair, in a
> bathrobe, pajama and slippers. There is a cat in the pocket of her
> bathrobe, and one around her neck. It comes with six other little cat
> figures.
>
> The background picture in the packaging has bookcases filled with
> nothing but cat books, a litterbox, cat tree, etc. An on the back is
> a questionnaire to see if you are a crazy cat person ("Does the sound
> of a can opener excite you?" "Do you have more cats than
> ex-boyfriends?").
>
> I coudn't help myself.
>
> Although DH says I absolutely *cannot* be a "crazy cat lady", because
> crazy cat ladies never have husbands! lol!
>
> Ginger-lyn

Your DH should not talk to my daughter's ex. Yes, crazy cat ladies do
sometimes have husbands. We do what we have to keep the furballs in food
and litter and toys.

Jo

Jo Firey
November 12th 04, 10:15 PM
"Ginger-lyn Summer" > wrote in message
>I was looking for a couple of birthday cards for friends yesterday,
> and ran across something I just *had* to buy for a friend, as it was
> one of the funniest things I have ever seen.
>
> It's called the "Crazy Cat Lady Action Figure".
>
> I am not making this up. ;-)
>
> It's an action figure of an older woman with crazy white hair, in a
> bathrobe, pajama and slippers. There is a cat in the pocket of her
> bathrobe, and one around her neck. It comes with six other little cat
> figures.
>
> The background picture in the packaging has bookcases filled with
> nothing but cat books, a litterbox, cat tree, etc. An on the back is
> a questionnaire to see if you are a crazy cat person ("Does the sound
> of a can opener excite you?" "Do you have more cats than
> ex-boyfriends?").
>
> I coudn't help myself.
>
> Although DH says I absolutely *cannot* be a "crazy cat lady", because
> crazy cat ladies never have husbands! lol!
>
> Ginger-lyn

Your DH should not talk to my daughter's ex. Yes, crazy cat ladies do
sometimes have husbands. We do what we have to keep the furballs in food
and litter and toys.

Jo

Magic Mood Jeep©
November 12th 04, 10:29 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer wrote:
> I was looking for a couple of birthday cards for friends yesterday,
> and ran across something I just *had* to buy for a friend, as it was
> one of the funniest things I have ever seen.
>
> It's called the "Crazy Cat Lady Action Figure".
>
> I am not making this up. ;-)
>
> It's an action figure of an older woman with crazy white hair, in a
> bathrobe, pajama and slippers. There is a cat in the pocket of her
> bathrobe, and one around her neck. It comes with six other little cat
> figures.
>
> The background picture in the packaging has bookcases filled with
> nothing but cat books, a litterbox, cat tree, etc. An on the back is
> a questionnaire to see if you are a crazy cat person ("Does the sound
> of a can opener excite you?" "Do you have more cats than
> ex-boyfriends?").
>
> I coudn't help myself.
>
> Although DH says I absolutely *cannot* be a "crazy cat lady", because
> crazy cat ladies never have husbands! lol!
>
> Ginger-lyn

Is this it? http://www.mcphee.com/amusements/current/11377.html

--?
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)© email me at
nalee1964 (at) insightbb (dot) com

Magic Mood Jeep©
November 12th 04, 10:29 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer wrote:
> I was looking for a couple of birthday cards for friends yesterday,
> and ran across something I just *had* to buy for a friend, as it was
> one of the funniest things I have ever seen.
>
> It's called the "Crazy Cat Lady Action Figure".
>
> I am not making this up. ;-)
>
> It's an action figure of an older woman with crazy white hair, in a
> bathrobe, pajama and slippers. There is a cat in the pocket of her
> bathrobe, and one around her neck. It comes with six other little cat
> figures.
>
> The background picture in the packaging has bookcases filled with
> nothing but cat books, a litterbox, cat tree, etc. An on the back is
> a questionnaire to see if you are a crazy cat person ("Does the sound
> of a can opener excite you?" "Do you have more cats than
> ex-boyfriends?").
>
> I coudn't help myself.
>
> Although DH says I absolutely *cannot* be a "crazy cat lady", because
> crazy cat ladies never have husbands! lol!
>
> Ginger-lyn

Is this it? http://www.mcphee.com/amusements/current/11377.html

--?
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)© email me at
nalee1964 (at) insightbb (dot) com

Kreisleriana
November 12th 04, 11:36 PM
On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 20:22:40 GMT, (Ginger-lyn
Summer) yodeled:

>I was looking for a couple of birthday cards for friends yesterday,
>and ran across something I just *had* to buy for a friend, as it was
>one of the funniest things I have ever seen.
>
>It's called the "Crazy Cat Lady Action Figure".

Must come from the same people who brought us the "Librarian Action
figure."

In that case, I should have one of each. :P

Theresa

Kreisleriana
November 12th 04, 11:36 PM
On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 20:22:40 GMT, (Ginger-lyn
Summer) yodeled:

>I was looking for a couple of birthday cards for friends yesterday,
>and ran across something I just *had* to buy for a friend, as it was
>one of the funniest things I have ever seen.
>
>It's called the "Crazy Cat Lady Action Figure".

Must come from the same people who brought us the "Librarian Action
figure."

In that case, I should have one of each. :P

Theresa

Kreisleriana
November 12th 04, 11:38 PM
On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 21:29:08 GMT, "Magic Mood Jeep©"
> yodeled:

>Ginger-lyn Summer wrote:
>> I was looking for a couple of birthday cards for friends yesterday,
>> and ran across something I just *had* to buy for a friend, as it was
>> one of the funniest things I have ever seen.
>>
>> It's called the "Crazy Cat Lady Action Figure".
>>
>> I am not making this up. ;-)
>>
>> It's an action figure of an older woman with crazy white hair, in a
>> bathrobe, pajama and slippers. There is a cat in the pocket of her
>> bathrobe, and one around her neck. It comes with six other little cat
>> figures.
>>
>> The background picture in the packaging has bookcases filled with
>> nothing but cat books, a litterbox, cat tree, etc. An on the back is
>> a questionnaire to see if you are a crazy cat person ("Does the sound
>> of a can opener excite you?" "Do you have more cats than
>> ex-boyfriends?").
>>
>> I coudn't help myself.
>>
>> Although DH says I absolutely *cannot* be a "crazy cat lady", because
>> crazy cat ladies never have husbands! lol!
>>
>> Ginger-lyn
>

>Is this it? http://www.mcphee.com/amusements/current/11377.html

They DO have the Librarian Action Figure, With Special Shushing
action, too!!!

Theresa

Kreisleriana
November 12th 04, 11:38 PM
On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 21:29:08 GMT, "Magic Mood Jeep©"
> yodeled:

>Ginger-lyn Summer wrote:
>> I was looking for a couple of birthday cards for friends yesterday,
>> and ran across something I just *had* to buy for a friend, as it was
>> one of the funniest things I have ever seen.
>>
>> It's called the "Crazy Cat Lady Action Figure".
>>
>> I am not making this up. ;-)
>>
>> It's an action figure of an older woman with crazy white hair, in a
>> bathrobe, pajama and slippers. There is a cat in the pocket of her
>> bathrobe, and one around her neck. It comes with six other little cat
>> figures.
>>
>> The background picture in the packaging has bookcases filled with
>> nothing but cat books, a litterbox, cat tree, etc. An on the back is
>> a questionnaire to see if you are a crazy cat person ("Does the sound
>> of a can opener excite you?" "Do you have more cats than
>> ex-boyfriends?").
>>
>> I coudn't help myself.
>>
>> Although DH says I absolutely *cannot* be a "crazy cat lady", because
>> crazy cat ladies never have husbands! lol!
>>
>> Ginger-lyn
>

>Is this it? http://www.mcphee.com/amusements/current/11377.html

They DO have the Librarian Action Figure, With Special Shushing
action, too!!!

Theresa

Sherry
November 13th 04, 12:37 AM
>Although DH says I absolutely *cannot* be a "crazy cat lady", because
>crazy cat ladies never have husbands! lol!
>
>Ginger-lyn

Oh, yeah, they *do* have husbands. Mine is in the garage right now building a
cat tree, like a good Crazy Cat Lady's DH.

Sherry

Sherry
November 13th 04, 12:37 AM
>Although DH says I absolutely *cannot* be a "crazy cat lady", because
>crazy cat ladies never have husbands! lol!
>
>Ginger-lyn

Oh, yeah, they *do* have husbands. Mine is in the garage right now building a
cat tree, like a good Crazy Cat Lady's DH.

Sherry

Ginger-lyn Summer
November 13th 04, 08:21 PM
On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 21:29:08 GMT, "Magic Mood Jeep©"
> wrote:

>Is this it? http://www.mcphee.com/amusements/current/11377.html
>
>--?
>The ONE and ONLY
>lefthanded-pathetic-paranoid-psychotic-sarcastic-wiseass-ditzy
>former-blonde in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)© email me at
>nalee1964 (at) insightbb (dot) com
>http://community.webshots.com/user/mgcmdjeep

Yep, that's it!

Ginger-lyn

Ginger-lyn Summer
November 13th 04, 08:21 PM
On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 21:29:08 GMT, "Magic Mood Jeep©"
> wrote:

>Is this it? http://www.mcphee.com/amusements/current/11377.html
>
>--?
>The ONE and ONLY
>lefthanded-pathetic-paranoid-psychotic-sarcastic-wiseass-ditzy
>former-blonde in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)© email me at
>nalee1964 (at) insightbb (dot) com
>http://community.webshots.com/user/mgcmdjeep

Yep, that's it!

Ginger-lyn

bonbon
November 14th 04, 12:47 AM
On 12 Nov 2004 23:37:09 GMT, (Sherry ) wrote:

>>Although DH says I absolutely *cannot* be a "crazy cat lady", because
>>crazy cat ladies never have husbands! lol!
>>
>>Ginger-lyn
>
>Oh, yeah, they *do* have husbands. Mine is in the garage right now building a
>cat tree, like a good Crazy Cat Lady's DH.
>
>Sherry

W H A T ???????

This 'Crazy Cat Lady' has a husband, and I thought he was fairly well
trained. So why did 'I' just come in from the cold outside to take a
break from stripping the old shredded carpet from the cat tree 'I'
made 2 years ago, so 'I'can bring it in and re-cover it?

Boy, am I ever a dork.

Honestly though, I haven't got a thing to complain about. Yesterday
for my b-day, he gave me a beautiful diamond and white gold necklace,
and about a half hour ago, went out and bought me a dozen white roses,
and is taking me out to dinner tonight.

So, I'm going to have to say our house also has a 'good Crazy Cat
Lady's DH' (?)

-bonbon

bonbon
November 14th 04, 12:47 AM
On 12 Nov 2004 23:37:09 GMT, (Sherry ) wrote:

>>Although DH says I absolutely *cannot* be a "crazy cat lady", because
>>crazy cat ladies never have husbands! lol!
>>
>>Ginger-lyn
>
>Oh, yeah, they *do* have husbands. Mine is in the garage right now building a
>cat tree, like a good Crazy Cat Lady's DH.
>
>Sherry

W H A T ???????

This 'Crazy Cat Lady' has a husband, and I thought he was fairly well
trained. So why did 'I' just come in from the cold outside to take a
break from stripping the old shredded carpet from the cat tree 'I'
made 2 years ago, so 'I'can bring it in and re-cover it?

Boy, am I ever a dork.

Honestly though, I haven't got a thing to complain about. Yesterday
for my b-day, he gave me a beautiful diamond and white gold necklace,
and about a half hour ago, went out and bought me a dozen white roses,
and is taking me out to dinner tonight.

So, I'm going to have to say our house also has a 'good Crazy Cat
Lady's DH' (?)

-bonbon

Marina
November 14th 04, 06:03 AM
bonbon wrote:
> Honestly though, I haven't got a thing to complain about. Yesterday
> for my b-day, he gave me a beautiful diamond and white gold necklace,
> and about a half hour ago, went out and bought me a dozen white roses,
> and is taking me out to dinner tonight.

Happy Purrday, Bonbon!

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Marina
November 14th 04, 06:03 AM
bonbon wrote:
> Honestly though, I haven't got a thing to complain about. Yesterday
> for my b-day, he gave me a beautiful diamond and white gold necklace,
> and about a half hour ago, went out and bought me a dozen white roses,
> and is taking me out to dinner tonight.

Happy Purrday, Bonbon!

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Sherry
November 14th 04, 06:23 AM
>W H A T ???????
>
>This 'Crazy Cat Lady' has a husband, and I thought he was fairly well
>trained. So why did 'I' just come in from the cold outside to take a
>break from stripping the old shredded carpet from the cat tree 'I'
>made 2 years ago, so 'I'can bring it in and re-cover it?
>
>Boy, am I ever a dork.
>
>Honestly though, I haven't got a thing to complain about. Yesterday
>for my b-day, he gave me a beautiful diamond and white gold necklace,
>and about a half hour ago, went out and bought me a dozen white roses,
>and is taking me out to dinner tonight.
>
>So, I'm going to have to say our house also has a 'good Crazy Cat
>Lady's DH' (?)
>
> -bonbon

Whoa! Happy Birthday!!
I can't complain either. Mine is just as crazy about the cats as I am. This is
about the 10th cat tree he's built (it's for the shelter) and he's getting dang
good at it. I'm getting dang good at asking the carpet store for free carpet
remnants too. This time they gave me a 6x9 piece of beautiful blue plush. I'll
post a pic when he's done.

Sherry

Sherry
November 14th 04, 06:23 AM
>W H A T ???????
>
>This 'Crazy Cat Lady' has a husband, and I thought he was fairly well
>trained. So why did 'I' just come in from the cold outside to take a
>break from stripping the old shredded carpet from the cat tree 'I'
>made 2 years ago, so 'I'can bring it in and re-cover it?
>
>Boy, am I ever a dork.
>
>Honestly though, I haven't got a thing to complain about. Yesterday
>for my b-day, he gave me a beautiful diamond and white gold necklace,
>and about a half hour ago, went out and bought me a dozen white roses,
>and is taking me out to dinner tonight.
>
>So, I'm going to have to say our house also has a 'good Crazy Cat
>Lady's DH' (?)
>
> -bonbon

Whoa! Happy Birthday!!
I can't complain either. Mine is just as crazy about the cats as I am. This is
about the 10th cat tree he's built (it's for the shelter) and he's getting dang
good at it. I'm getting dang good at asking the carpet store for free carpet
remnants too. This time they gave me a 6x9 piece of beautiful blue plush. I'll
post a pic when he's done.

Sherry

Christine Burel
November 14th 04, 05:09 PM
What a hoot! thanks for the link!
Christine
"Magic Mood Jeep©" > wrote in message
news:EW9ld.399252$D%[email protected]_s51...
> [...]

> > bathrobe, and one around her neck. It comes with six other little cat
> > figures.
> >
> > The background picture in the packaging has bookcases filled with
> > nothing but cat books, a litterbox, cat tree, etc. An on the back is
> > a questionnaire to see if you are a crazy cat person ("Does the sound
> > of a can opener excite you?" "Do you have more cats than
> > ex-boyfriends?").
> >
> > I coudn't help myself.
> >
> > Although DH says I absolutely *cannot* be a "crazy cat lady", because
> > crazy cat ladies never have husbands! lol!
> >
> > Ginger-lyn
>

> Is this it? http://www.mcphee.com/amusements/current/11377.html
>
> --?
> The ONE and ONLY
> lefthanded-pathetic-paranoid-psychotic-sarcastic-wiseass-ditzy
> former-blonde in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)© email me at

November 14th 04, 05:36 PM
On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 07:03:16 +0200, Marina >
wrote:

>bonbon wrote:
>> Honestly though, I haven't got a thing to complain about. Yesterday
>> for my b-day, he gave me a beautiful diamond and white gold necklace,
>> and about a half hour ago, went out and bought me a dozen white roses,
>> and is taking me out to dinner tonight.
>
>Happy Purrday, Bonbon!

Thanks Marina!

You know, since I decided to stop getting older a few b-days ago, I
really don't mind them so much when they come around each year.

Besides, you're only as old as you say you are. Right?

wrote:

>bonbon wrote:
>> Honestly though, I haven't got a thing to complain about. Yesterday
>> for my b-day, he gave me a beautiful diamond and white gold necklace,
>> and about a half hour ago, went out and bought me a dozen white roses,
>> and is taking me out to dinner tonight.
>
>Happy Purrday, Bonbon!

Thanks Marina!

You know, since I decided to stop getting older a few b-days ago, I
really don't mind them so much when they come around each year.

Besides, you're only as old as you say you are. Right?

-bonbon

Ginger-lyn Summer
November 14th 04, 08:09 PM
On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 23:47:34 GMT, bonbon > wrote:

>W H A T ???????
>
>This 'Crazy Cat Lady' has a husband, and I thought he was fairly well
>trained. So why did 'I' just come in from the cold outside to take a
>break from stripping the old shredded carpet from the cat tree 'I'
>made 2 years ago, so 'I'can bring it in and re-cover it?
>
>Boy, am I ever a dork.
>
>Honestly though, I haven't got a thing to complain about. Yesterday
>for my b-day, he gave me a beautiful diamond and white gold necklace,
>and about a half hour ago, went out and bought me a dozen white roses,
>and is taking me out to dinner tonight.
>
>So, I'm going to have to say our house also has a 'good Crazy Cat
>Lady's DH' (?)
>
> -bonbon

Happy belated b-day! And be sure to give your good DH a good
scritchie behind the ears ;-)

Ginger-lyn

Ginger-lyn Summer
November 14th 04, 08:09 PM
On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 23:47:34 GMT, bonbon > wrote:

>W H A T ???????
>
>This 'Crazy Cat Lady' has a husband, and I thought he was fairly well
>trained. So why did 'I' just come in from the cold outside to take a
>break from stripping the old shredded carpet from the cat tree 'I'
>made 2 years ago, so 'I'can bring it in and re-cover it?
>
>Boy, am I ever a dork.
>
>Honestly though, I haven't got a thing to complain about. Yesterday
>for my b-day, he gave me a beautiful diamond and white gold necklace,
>and about a half hour ago, went out and bought me a dozen white roses,
>and is taking me out to dinner tonight.
>
>So, I'm going to have to say our house also has a 'good Crazy Cat
>Lady's DH' (?)
>
> -bonbon

Happy belated b-day! And be sure to give your good DH a good
scritchie behind the ears ;-)

Ginger-lyn

polonca12000
November 14th 04, 10:27 PM
Sounds like a great birthday - enjoy it!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"bonbon" > wrote in message
<snip>
> Honestly though, I haven't got a thing to complain about. Yesterday
> for my b-day, he gave me a beautiful diamond and white gold necklace,
> and about a half hour ago, went out and bought me a dozen white roses,
> and is taking me out to dinner tonight.
>
> So, I'm going to have to say our house also has a 'good Crazy Cat
> Lady's DH' (?)
>
> -bonbon

polonca12000
November 14th 04, 10:27 PM
Sounds like a great birthday - enjoy it!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"bonbon" > wrote in message
<snip>
> Honestly though, I haven't got a thing to complain about. Yesterday
> for my b-day, he gave me a beautiful diamond and white gold necklace,
> and about a half hour ago, went out and bought me a dozen white roses,
> and is taking me out to dinner tonight.
>
> So, I'm going to have to say our house also has a 'good Crazy Cat
> Lady's DH' (?)
>
> -bonbon

bonbon
November 15th 04, 02:06 AM
On 14 Nov 2004 05:23:07 GMT, (Sherry ) wrote:

>>W H A T ???????
>>
>>This 'Crazy Cat Lady' has a husband, and I thought he was fairly well
>>trained. So why did 'I' just come in from the cold outside to take a
>>break from stripping the old shredded carpet from the cat tree 'I'
>>made 2 years ago, so 'I'can bring it in and re-cover it?
>>
>>Boy, am I ever a dork.
>>
>>Honestly though, I haven't got a thing to complain about. Yesterday
>>for my b-day, he gave me a beautiful diamond and white gold necklace,
>>and about a half hour ago, went out and bought me a dozen white roses,
>>and is taking me out to dinner tonight.
>>
>>So, I'm going to have to say our house also has a 'good Crazy Cat
>>Lady's DH' (?)
>>
>> -bonbon
>>
>Whoa! Happy Birthday!!

Thanks Sherry.

>I can't complain either. Mine is just as crazy about the cats as I am. This is
>about the 10th cat tree he's built (it's for the shelter) and he's getting dang
>good at it. I'm getting dang good at asking the carpet store for free carpet
>remnants too. This time they gave me a 6x9 piece of beautiful blue plush.

Ooooo.......score.

>I'll
>post a pic when he's done.

I'd love to see it. I've made about 5 or 6 of them now, and they're
all different. (I make them up as I go) Usually for friends of our
daughters who see and like the cat tree I made for her 2 cats and she
tells them "Oh, my mom will make you one" Grrrrr.....

I asked my mom once "Mom, at what age do your kids stop walking all
over you?" She said "About 30". This was right after a Thanksgiving
nightmare a couple of years ago. I'll tell y'all the story in another
thread so this one doesn't stray too far. I like the "Crazy Cat Lady"
thing going on here.

At our old neighborhood, my husband walked down to the corner store
once and when he got home, told me he overheard some little girls
playing on the sidewalk say "he's married to the cat lady".

-bonbon

>Sherry

bonbon
November 15th 04, 02:06 AM
On 14 Nov 2004 05:23:07 GMT, (Sherry ) wrote:

>>W H A T ???????
>>
>>This 'Crazy Cat Lady' has a husband, and I thought he was fairly well
>>trained. So why did 'I' just come in from the cold outside to take a
>>break from stripping the old shredded carpet from the cat tree 'I'
>>made 2 years ago, so 'I'can bring it in and re-cover it?
>>
>>Boy, am I ever a dork.
>>
>>Honestly though, I haven't got a thing to complain about. Yesterday
>>for my b-day, he gave me a beautiful diamond and white gold necklace,
>>and about a half hour ago, went out and bought me a dozen white roses,
>>and is taking me out to dinner tonight.
>>
>>So, I'm going to have to say our house also has a 'good Crazy Cat
>>Lady's DH' (?)
>>
>> -bonbon
>>
>Whoa! Happy Birthday!!

Thanks Sherry.

>I can't complain either. Mine is just as crazy about the cats as I am. This is
>about the 10th cat tree he's built (it's for the shelter) and he's getting dang
>good at it. I'm getting dang good at asking the carpet store for free carpet
>remnants too. This time they gave me a 6x9 piece of beautiful blue plush.

Ooooo.......score.

>I'll
>post a pic when he's done.

I'd love to see it. I've made about 5 or 6 of them now, and they're
all different. (I make them up as I go) Usually for friends of our
daughters who see and like the cat tree I made for her 2 cats and she
tells them "Oh, my mom will make you one" Grrrrr.....

I asked my mom once "Mom, at what age do your kids stop walking all
over you?" She said "About 30". This was right after a Thanksgiving
nightmare a couple of years ago. I'll tell y'all the story in another
thread so this one doesn't stray too far. I like the "Crazy Cat Lady"
thing going on here.

At our old neighborhood, my husband walked down to the corner store
once and when he got home, told me he overheard some little girls
playing on the sidewalk say "he's married to the cat lady".

-bonbon

>Sherry

Sherry
November 15th 04, 03:54 AM
>I asked my mom once "Mom, at what age do your kids stop walking all
>over you?" She said "About 30". This was right after a Thanksgiving
>nightmare a couple of years ago. I'll tell y'all the story in another
>thread so this one doesn't stray too far. I like the "Crazy Cat Lady"
>thing going on here.

Oh HONEY. E-mail me sometime. You know the old myth that empty nest parents
wait around for the phone to ring hoping it's their kids calling, or try to
guilt the kids cause they never call? We look at the CAller ID and say "Don't
answer it. It's THEM."

Sherry

Sherry
November 15th 04, 03:54 AM
>I asked my mom once "Mom, at what age do your kids stop walking all
>over you?" She said "About 30". This was right after a Thanksgiving
>nightmare a couple of years ago. I'll tell y'all the story in another
>thread so this one doesn't stray too far. I like the "Crazy Cat Lady"
>thing going on here.

Oh HONEY. E-mail me sometime. You know the old myth that empty nest parents
wait around for the phone to ring hoping it's their kids calling, or try to
guilt the kids cause they never call? We look at the CAller ID and say "Don't
answer it. It's THEM."

Sherry

bonbon
November 15th 04, 03:16 PM
On 15 Nov 2004 02:54:56 GMT, (Sherry ) wrote:

>>I asked my mom once "Mom, at what age do your kids stop walking all
>>over you?" She said "About 30". This was right after a Thanksgiving
>>nightmare a couple of years ago. I'll tell y'all the story in another
>>thread so this one doesn't stray too far. I like the "Crazy Cat Lady"
>>thing going on here.
>
>Oh HONEY. E-mail me sometime. You know the old myth that empty nest parents
>wait around for the phone to ring hoping it's their kids calling, or try to
>guilt the kids cause they never call? We look at the CAller ID and say "Don't
>answer it. It's THEM."

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

I hear ya Sherry. Seems like every other time I talk to mine, I gotta
get out my checkbook.

-bonbon

>Sherry

bonbon
November 15th 04, 03:16 PM
On 15 Nov 2004 02:54:56 GMT, (Sherry ) wrote:

>>I asked my mom once "Mom, at what age do your kids stop walking all
>>over you?" She said "About 30". This was right after a Thanksgiving
>>nightmare a couple of years ago. I'll tell y'all the story in another
>>thread so this one doesn't stray too far. I like the "Crazy Cat Lady"
>>thing going on here.
>
>Oh HONEY. E-mail me sometime. You know the old myth that empty nest parents
>wait around for the phone to ring hoping it's their kids calling, or try to
>guilt the kids cause they never call? We look at the CAller ID and say "Don't
>answer it. It's THEM."

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

I hear ya Sherry. Seems like every other time I talk to mine, I gotta
get out my checkbook.

-bonbon

>Sherry

Tanada
November 20th 04, 06:19 PM
Sherry wrote:

>>I asked my mom once "Mom, at what age do your kids stop walking all
>>over you?" She said "About 30". This was right after a Thanksgiving
>>nightmare a couple of years ago. I'll tell y'all the story in another
>>thread so this one doesn't stray too far. I like the "Crazy Cat Lady"
>>thing going on here.
>

> Oh HONEY. E-mail me sometime. You know the old myth that empty nest parents
> wait around for the phone to ring hoping it's their kids calling, or try to
> guilt the kids cause they never call? We look at the CAller ID and say "Don't
> answer it. It's THEM."
>
> Sherry

I hear you, Sherry. Mike has decided that he isn't going to make the
grades he needs (I keep telling him that they don't grade in college
like they do in high school, but he won't listen) and has already told
Job Corps that he failed college and is going to be leaving.
AAAAACCCCKKKK!!! I want to beat my child, even though he turns 22 on
the 24th.

Pam S. wondering if she'll ever become intelligent again

Tanada
November 20th 04, 06:19 PM
Sherry wrote:

>>I asked my mom once "Mom, at what age do your kids stop walking all
>>over you?" She said "About 30". This was right after a Thanksgiving
>>nightmare a couple of years ago. I'll tell y'all the story in another
>>thread so this one doesn't stray too far. I like the "Crazy Cat Lady"
>>thing going on here.
>

> Oh HONEY. E-mail me sometime. You know the old myth that empty nest parents
> wait around for the phone to ring hoping it's their kids calling, or try to
> guilt the kids cause they never call? We look at the CAller ID and say "Don't
> answer it. It's THEM."
>
> Sherry

I hear you, Sherry. Mike has decided that he isn't going to make the
grades he needs (I keep telling him that they don't grade in college
like they do in high school, but he won't listen) and has already told
Job Corps that he failed college and is going to be leaving.
AAAAACCCCKKKK!!! I want to beat my child, even though he turns 22 on
the 24th.

Pam S. wondering if she'll ever become intelligent again

Sherry
November 20th 04, 06:58 PM
>I hear you, Sherry. Mike has decided that he isn't going to make the
>grades he needs (I keep telling him that they don't grade in college
>like they do in high school, but he won't listen) and has already told
>Job Corps that he failed college and is going to be leaving.
>AAAAACCCCKKKK!!! I want to beat my child, even though he turns 22 on
>the 24th.
>
>Pam S. wondering if she'll ever become intelligent again

Mine turned 22 back in March. Can't find his niche. But I keep seeing kids all
around us *exactly* like him. So it's definitely not just Mike. There's a whole
generation of them. I think they need a little more time to mature or
something. SOMETHING!! But please God, make it soon.

Sherry

Sherry
November 20th 04, 06:58 PM
>I hear you, Sherry. Mike has decided that he isn't going to make the
>grades he needs (I keep telling him that they don't grade in college
>like they do in high school, but he won't listen) and has already told
>Job Corps that he failed college and is going to be leaving.
>AAAAACCCCKKKK!!! I want to beat my child, even though he turns 22 on
>the 24th.
>
>Pam S. wondering if she'll ever become intelligent again

Mine turned 22 back in March. Can't find his niche. But I keep seeing kids all
around us *exactly* like him. So it's definitely not just Mike. There's a whole
generation of them. I think they need a little more time to mature or
something. SOMETHING!! But please God, make it soon.

Sherry

Marina
November 20th 04, 08:32 PM
Sherry wrote:

>>I hear you, Sherry. Mike has decided that he isn't going to make the
>>grades he needs (I keep telling him that they don't grade in college
>>like they do in high school, but he won't listen) and has already told
>>Job Corps that he failed college and is going to be leaving.
>>AAAAACCCCKKKK!!! I want to beat my child, even though he turns 22 on
>>the 24th.
>>
>>Pam S. wondering if she'll ever become intelligent again
>

> Mine turned 22 back in March. Can't find his niche. But I keep seeing kids all
> around us *exactly* like him. So it's definitely not just Mike. There's a whole
> generation of them. I think they need a little more time to mature or
> something. SOMETHING!! But please God, make it soon.
>
> Sherry

Well, I didn't start university til I was nearly 30, and I certainly
landed on my feet, so give them time. I just drifted around until then,
I worked in a clothes store for a while, and then as a telephone
operator for several years. I just barely made a living. Now I have a
good steady job with very good pay. My life has changed hugely during
the last ten years. Fortunately, my parents never tried to tell me how
to live my life (thinking of Jill's recent post here). They let me make
all my own mistakes and learn from them. Oh, they were always there for
me if I needed them, but I usually wanted to make my own way. Purrs that
your boys find out what they want to do with their lives. (I haven't
really figured out what I want to be when I grow up, but this job is OK
while I think about it.)

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Marina