PDA

View Full Version : Re: my cat is gone

Stan Brown
February 23rd 09, 01:01 PM
Sun, 22 Feb 2009 13:20:26 -0800 from Paul Bowles <[email protected]
2012.org>:

> Thanks for the good thoughts, Stan. Wise words. And,
> due to several suggestions about looking into adopting,
> I am now considering that as an option when the time comes
> to take in a new pet. It makes sense.
>
> Thanks again for your words...

Sure thing.

Just remember, if you adopt an adult cat, you should expect its
personality to change over the next few months. A cat book I read
said it takes a cat six months to feel fully "at home" in a new
place, and that matched my experience.

When Milo first came to live with me in July he would not let me pet
his stomach and would not let himself be held for more than a couple
of seconds before he started squirming. Since this wasn't my first
cat I knew that I had to let him relax at his own pace. It took four
or five months but he did become much more affectionate and lately he
even has started liking having his belly stroked -- briefly.

On the other hand, he took to the litter box right away -- one of the
benefits of adopting an adult cat.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...