PDA

View Full Version : Cat Food

LauraM[_2_]
February 24th 09, 01:43 AM
Hi everyone -

I hope you don't mind, but I thought I'd offer up a deal here. I have
20 12.5 oz. cans of Wellness Cat Food that I cannot use. There are 9
cans of chicken and 11 cans of turkey. They are brand new and never
opened. I also have 11 cans of Hills Prescription Diet ID food and 1
can of AD. I'm selling all for $30! Selling everything together.

My cat, Hobbes, loves Wellness but he doesn't like it if the can has
been opened for more than a day. I know, I know...I'm anal and
catering to him.

I live in Walnut Creek, so if anyone is nearby and wants this, please
let me know!

sudee
February 24th 09, 06:20 AM
On Feb 23, 5:43*pm, LauraM > wrote:
> Hi everyone -
>
> I hope you don't mind, but I thought I'd offer up a deal here. *I have
> 20 12.5 oz. cans of Wellness Cat Food that I cannot use. *There are 9
> cans of chicken and 11 cans of turkey. *They are brand new and never
> opened. * I also have 11 cans of Hills Prescription Diet ID food and 1
> can of AD. * I'm selling all for $30! *Selling everything together.
>
> My cat, Hobbes, loves Wellness but he doesn't like it if the can has
> been opened for more than a day. *I know, I know...I'm anal and
> catering to him.
>
> I live in Walnut Creek, so if anyone is nearby and wants this, please
> let me know!

That is why I buy the small wellness cans. I can barely get by with
that. :)

Sue -- firefighter mom

dgk
February 24th 09, 12:34 PM
On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 22:20:25 -0800 (PST), sudee
> wrote:

>On Feb 23, 5:43*pm, LauraM > wrote:
>> Hi everyone -
>>
>> I hope you don't mind, but I thought I'd offer up a deal here. *I have
>> 20 12.5 oz. cans of Wellness Cat Food that I cannot use. *There are 9
>> cans of chicken and 11 cans of turkey. *They are brand new and never
>> opened. * I also have 11 cans of Hills Prescription Diet ID food and 1
>> can of AD. * I'm selling all for $30! *Selling everything together.
>>
>> My cat, Hobbes, loves Wellness but he doesn't like it if the can has
>> been opened for more than a day. *I know, I know...I'm anal and
>> catering to him.
>>
>> I live in Walnut Creek, so if anyone is nearby and wants this, please
>> let me know!
>
>That is why I buy the small wellness cans. I can barely get by with
>that. :)
>
>Sue -- firefighter mom

But it doesn't pay to buy the smaller cans. The correct plan is to get
enough cats to finish the food at one time. I find three are
sufficient.

None of my cats would eat food after it's been opened, even if I keep
it in the refrigerator and warm it up. They're all weird but agree on
that.

February 24th 09, 02:02 PM
Laura,

Why don't you take the Hills back to your vet and get your money back?
Those 12 cans are easily worth $15-18!

I don't understand why you're selling the Wellness if he likes it?

Rene

Poe
February 24th 09, 02:03 PM
dgk wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 22:20:25 -0800 (PST), sudee
> > wrote:
>
>> On Feb 23, 5:43 pm, LauraM > wrote:
>>> Hi everyone -
>>>
>>> I hope you don't mind, but I thought I'd offer up a deal here. I have
>>> 20 12.5 oz. cans of Wellness Cat Food that I cannot use. There are 9
>>> cans of chicken and 11 cans of turkey. They are brand new and never
>>> opened. I also have 11 cans of Hills Prescription Diet ID food and 1
>>> can of AD. I'm selling all for $30! Selling everything together.
>>>
>>> My cat, Hobbes, loves Wellness but he doesn't like it if the can has
>>> been opened for more than a day. I know, I know...I'm anal and
>>> catering to him.
>>>
>>> I live in Walnut Creek, so if anyone is nearby and wants this, please
>>> let me know!
>> That is why I buy the small wellness cans. I can barely get by with
>> that. :)
>>
>> Sue -- firefighter mom
>
> But it doesn't pay to buy the smaller cans. The correct plan is to get
> enough cats to finish the food at one time. I find three are
> sufficient.
>
> None of my cats would eat food after it's been opened, even if I keep
> it in the refrigerator and warm it up. They're all weird but agree on
> that.

Glad to hear I am not the only one with this problem. I find 5 cats
perfect for using up a large can for breakfast, then crunchy food
throughout the day (except for the occasional midday small can treat
when they stalk me like like sharks!).

Poe
February 24th 09, 02:05 PM
wrote:
> Laura,
>
> Why don't you take the Hills back to your vet and get your money back?
> Those 12 cans are easily worth $15-18!

Good point - or take it to a shelter.

LauraM[_2_]
February 24th 09, 02:44 PM
On Feb 24, 6:02*am, wrote:
> Laura,
>
> Why don't you take the Hills back to your vet and get your money back?
> Those 12 cans are easily worth $15-18!
>
> I don't understand why you're selling the Wellness if he likes it?
>
> Rene

Did you read my post? He doesn't like the cans if they've been
opened. I buy the 5.5 oz cans and that works.

LauraM[_2_]
February 24th 09, 02:44 PM
On Feb 24, 6:05*am, Poe > wrote:
> wrote:
> > Laura,
>
> > Why don't you take the Hills back to your vet and get your money back?
> > Those 12 cans are easily worth $15-18!
>
> Good point - or take it to a shelter.

Yeah, I'm thinking about donating it all. I don't go to my old vet
anymore and don't want to take the hills stuff back to him.

I'm glad to hear others have this problem with the large cans.

February 24th 09, 04:16 PM
> Did you read my post? *He doesn't like the cans if they've been
> opened. *I buy the 5.5 oz cans and that works.

Why don't you take the Wellness back to the store you bought them from
and exchange them for smaller cans? I'm sure stores would be willing
to exchange them for something you'll use.

As for the Hills, you can certainly donate that to a humane society.

LauraM[_2_]
February 24th 09, 05:48 PM
On Feb 24, 8:16*am, wrote:
> > Did you read my post? *He doesn't like the cans if they've been
> > opened. *I buy the 5.5 oz cans and that works.
>
> Why don't you take the Wellness back to the store you bought them from
> and exchange them for smaller cans? *I'm sure stores would be willing
> to exchange them for something you'll use.
>
> As for the Hills, *you can certainly donate that to a humane society.

Because I bought them on-line and the shipping is too much to return
them that way. You need not worry. I only posted to try to recoup
some money.

February 24th 09, 06:41 PM
> Because I bought them on-line and the shipping is too much to return
> them that way. *You need not worry. *I only posted to try to recoup
> some money.

That makes sense, and I understand why you're making the offer. If I
lived closer, I'd take you up on the Wellness.

LauraM[_2_]
February 24th 09, 09:51 PM
On Feb 24, 10:41*am, wrote:
> > Because I bought them on-line and the shipping is too much to return
> > them that way. *You need not worry. *I only posted to try to recoup
> > some money.
>
> That makes sense, and I understand why you're making the offer. If I
> lived closer, *I'd take you up on the Wellness.

I'm really annoyed because the picture of the cat food showed the 5.5
oz cans on Amazon. Unfortunately the text said 12.5 ozs but for some
reason it didn't register.

By the way, Hobbes has been throwing up the last couple days. I'm not
sure what's going on, but I just KNOW he has IBS. Ugh!

LauraM[_2_]
February 27th 09, 05:59 PM
On Feb 23, 5:43*pm, LauraM > wrote:
> Hi everyone -
>
> I hope you don't mind, but I thought I'd offer up a deal here. *I have
> 20 12.5 oz. cans of Wellness Cat Food that I cannot use. *There are 9
> cans of chicken and 11 cans of turkey. *They are brand new and never
> opened. * I also have 11 cans of Hills Prescription Diet ID food and 1
> can of AD. * I'm selling all for $30! *Selling everything together.
>
> My cat, Hobbes, loves Wellness but he doesn't like it if the can has
> been opened for more than a day. *I know, I know...I'm anal and
> catering to him.
>
> I live in Walnut Creek, so if anyone is nearby and wants this, please
> let me know!

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I called Tony LaRussa's Animal
Rescue Foundation in Walnut Creek where I live. and will be donating
the cat food to them today. I'm happy to know that I can help some
kitties out, however small it is.

It's a great organization. If you've never heard of it, here's a
link:

http://www.arf.net/index.php

jmc
February 27th 09, 10:24 PM
Suddenly, without warning, LauraM exclaimed (2/24/2009 9:44 AM):
> On Feb 24, 6:05 am, Poe > wrote:
>> wrote:
>>> Laura,
>>> Why don't you take the Hills back to your vet and get your money back?
>>> Those 12 cans are easily worth $15-18!
>> Good point - or take it to a shelter.
>
> Yeah, I'm thinking about donating it all. I don't go to my old vet
> anymore and don't want to take the hills stuff back to him.
>
> I'm glad to hear others have this problem with the large cans.

Add me to the list. It's weird. She'll eat the second half of a
tuna-can-size, but will only eat one meal out of the bigger cans.

jmc

Poe
March 1st 09, 03:11 AM
jmc wrote:
> Suddenly, without warning, LauraM exclaimed (2/24/2009 9:44 AM):
>>> Good point - or take it to a shelter.
>>
>> Yeah, I'm thinking about donating it all. I don't go to my old vet
>> anymore and don't want to take the hills stuff back to him.
>>
>> I'm glad to hear others have this problem with the large cans.
>
> Add me to the list. It's weird. She'll eat the second half of a
> tuna-can-size, but will only eat one meal out of the bigger cans.
>
> jmc

Know what helps? A dog :-P He eats anything the rest leave behind.

Lynne
March 1st 09, 04:07 PM
Poe wrote:

> Know what helps? A dog :-P He eats anything the rest leave behind.

Please don't give cat food to your dog, it has too much fat for a dog
and can cause pancreatitis.

Poe
March 1st 09, 11:47 PM
Lynne wrote:
> Poe wrote:
>>

>> Know what helps? A dog :-P He eats anything the rest leave behind.
>
> Please don't give cat food to your dog, it has too much fat for a dog
> and can cause pancreatitis.

By the time he comes around there is little left - he licks the plates
so there is less crusty stuff to clean off later. He used to eat their
poop, so I prefer this, his breath is better this way.