PDA

View Full Version : Re: my cat is gone

LauraM[_2_]
February 25th 09, 09:13 PM
On Feb 22, 1:20*pm, Paul Bowles > wrote:
> Thanks for the good thoughts, Stan. *Wise words. *And,
> due to several suggestions about looking into adopting,
> I am now considering that as an option when the time comes
> to take in a new pet. *It makes sense.
>
> Thanks again for your words...
>
> PJB/

Hi Paul,

Just checking to see how you're doing and to share something about
adoption. I wouldn't do it any other way (unless a stray came to my
door). There are so many cats that will meet their demise if they
aren't adopted.

I adopted my cat, Hobbes, 12 years ago. The first two weeks I
literally did not see him. I adopted two at that time. One of them,
Emma, was very friendly immediately; but Hobbes was extremely shy. He
came out of his shell eventually and now, 12 years later, he's the
biggest lover boy ever.

When I went to adopt, I brought a friend of mine who was a vet tech.
She had seen so many cats over the years that she had a better sense
of the personalities. That would be my suggestion....take someone
with you who has a lot cat experience. It couldn't hurt! :)

Good luck,

Paul Bowles
February 26th 09, 01:29 AM
In article
LauraM > wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> Just checking to see how you're doing and to share something about
> adoption. I wouldn't do it any other way (unless a stray came to my
> door). There are so many cats that will meet their demise if they
> aren't adopted.

Hi Laura, thanks for checking in. The reality of Wilson's
demise is just starting to sink in, really. I keep thinking
I see him out of the corner of my eye.

When I come home late, he's not there to greet me.

It's just hard, that's all there is to it. But we must move on, no?

Still not decided about when to get a new pet - for now, I'm just
getting used to Wilson being gone. When I adjust to that, I'll
start thinking about a new one, and adoption is sounding
more and more viable to me.

Thanks much for checking in....

PB/

LauraM[_2_]
February 26th 09, 04:08 PM
On Feb 25, 4:29*pm, Paul Bowles > wrote:
> In article
> >,
>
> *LauraM > wrote:
> > Hi Paul,
>
> > Just checking to see how you're doing and to share something about
> > adoption. * I wouldn't do it any other way (unless a stray came to my
> > door). *There are so many cats that will meet their demise if they
> > aren't adopted.
>
> Hi Laura, thanks for checking in. *The reality of Wilson's
> demise is just starting to sink in, really. *I keep thinking
> I see him out of the corner of my eye.
>
> When I come home late, he's not there to greet me.
>
> It's just hard, that's all there is to it. *But we must move on, no?
>
> Still not decided about when to get a new pet - for now, I'm just
> getting used to Wilson being gone. *When I adjust to that, I'll
> start thinking about a new one, and adoption is sounding
> more and more viable to me.
>
> Thanks much for checking in....
>
> PB/

We send you our love. :)