PDA

View Full Version : Should have known better...

Lilah Morgan[_2_]
February 26th 09, 07:14 PM
I was planting for the coming spring, and made the mistake of leaving the
catnip seed packet on my bed while I went to grab some potting soil, and
came back to find Joxer trying to bite through the seed packet to get to the
catnip(they were the flower heads from a friend's plant actually, I hadn't
seperated the seeds out yet, so it had a very strong catnip smell)...he gave
me a look like "How dare you interrupt me? Can't you see I'm busy?!" Luckily
he hadn't done any real damage to the seed packet, hadn't even punctured it
with his teeth all the way through yet(not for lack of trying mind you) so I
didn't have to worry 'bout him having swallowed any of the seed packet
material...

--
What would YOU do for a Klondike Bar?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cheryl
February 28th 09, 03:44 AM
"Lilah Morgan" > wrote in message
ers2...
>I was planting for the coming spring, and made the mistake of leaving the
> catnip seed packet on my bed while I went to grab some potting soil, and
> came back to find Joxer trying to bite through the seed packet to get to
> the
> catnip(they were the flower heads from a friend's plant actually, I hadn't
> seperated the seeds out yet, so it had a very strong catnip smell)...he
> gave
> me a look like "How dare you interrupt me? Can't you see I'm busy?!"
> Luckily
> he hadn't done any real damage to the seed packet, hadn't even punctured
> it
> with his teeth all the way through yet(not for lack of trying mind you) so
> didn't have to worry 'bout him having swallowed any of the seed packet
> material...

My mother bought my cats some extra strong catnip one time and I had it in
my purse when I went home that night. I put my purse on the floor as usual
while I went to bring dishes and other things in the house, and when I got
back in, Shamrock had stolen the catnip out of my purse and had the bag
opened and the contents strewn across the floor in a matter of minutes.

Lilah Morgan[_2_]
March 2nd 09, 03:22 AM
They just have a knack for finding it, don't they? Though honestly I
wouldn't have needed more catnip seeds but I made the mistake of showing
Joxer exactly where I planted a catnip last spring(we have over an acre, but
he seems to like going under the house to look for mice more than exploring
the yard).