PDA

View Full Version : cat with dislocated leg


March 2nd 09, 07:55 PM
our cat came home several days ago with a limp and favoring his right hind
leg. at first he couldn't touch it to the floor. after several days, he
was able to stand on it but it doesn't seem like he can use it properly,
it slides along rather than lifts when he walks and i was wondering if a
dog had gotten him and shook him and that his leg was dislocated.

we would take him to the vet but we are house bound right now due to
terrible winter weather and we are elderly. i was wondering - does a
dislocated rear leg pop itself back in after awhile? my shoulder pops out
all the time and goes back in by itself. does it do the same with a cat?

thank you

cybercat
March 2nd 09, 08:05 PM
> wrote in message ...
> our cat came home several days ago with a limp and favoring his right hind
> leg. at first he couldn't touch it to the floor. after several days, he
> was able to stand on it but it doesn't seem like he can use it properly,
> it slides along rather than lifts when he walks and i was wondering if a
> dog had gotten him and shook him and that his leg was dislocated.
>
> we would take him to the vet but we are house bound right now due to
> terrible winter weather and we are elderly. i was wondering - does a
> dislocated rear leg pop itself back in after awhile? my shoulder pops out
> all the time and goes back in by itself. does it do the same with a cat?
>

Give you cat to someone who can care for him.

March 2nd 09, 08:47 PM
If, after several days, your cat has not improved, the leg will not
heal itself and needs medical attention. Please get him to a vet as
soon as you can. I'm sure he's in a great deal of pain, and waiting
will only make the treatment more difficult (and expensive). It's
possible he might even need an amputation at this point.

If you are unable to care for him yourself, please call your local
ASPCA and sign the cat over to them, so they can treat its injuries.

cardarch
March 2nd 09, 11:59 PM
On Mar 2, 2:55*pm, wrote:
> our cat came home several days ago with a limp and favoring his right hind
> leg. at first he couldn't touch it to the floor. after several days, he
> was able to stand on it but it doesn't seem like he can use it properly,
> it slides along rather than lifts when he walks and i was wondering if a
> dog had gotten him and shook him and that his leg was dislocated.
>
> we would take him to the vet but we are house bound right now due to
> terrible winter weather and we are elderly. i was wondering - does a
> dislocated rear leg pop itself back in after awhile? my shoulder pops out
> all the time and goes back in by itself. does it do the same with a cat?
>
> thank you

I first saw my cat when he popped down the alley into my garden and
then ran out. This was over 2-1/2 years ago. When I next saw him he
couldnt walk on one of his back legs. It was just hanging. but he
still could run away when I approached him. A while later at the end
of the summer he came back again and was just mildly limping. I
remember I had a bed of Mexican tarragon in bloom and he sat in the
middle of it and I was able to entice him to come to me and then to
come inside and then he soon became mine. Before long I knew I had to
take him to a vet to get shots and get neutered. I was tricked into
going to a Vietnamese veterinarian in Upper Darby who refused to
communicate with me and charged me an outrageous fee nearly $500. I
insisted on talking to this fraud when I went to pick up Snappy. He
did not want to talk to me. He was rude. I reminded him that I
wanted to know about Snappy's leg. He said it had been broken and had
healed so the bone was side by side instead of together. I think he
was full of ****. Damn veterinarians to hell. Americans vets just
want to be as rich as God. Thats all they want. Snappy now runs and
jumps like a madman when he wants to play. Some times when he sits
the previously injured leg splays out to the side. I am sorry that
you are snowbound. You should get the cat to the doctor but take a
suitcase full of money with you and pray for the best. There is no
guarantee your cat will benefit. And the cat doesnt necessarily have
a dislocated leg. Don't pay any attention to the rude fool that has
insulted you here. She says that to everyone except the monsters who
really need it.

March 3rd 09, 01:07 AM
On Mar 2, 3:05*pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> > wrote in ....
> > our cat came home several days ago with a limp and favoring his right hind
> > leg. at first he couldn't touch it to the floor. after several days, he
> > was able to stand on it but it doesn't seem like he can use it properly,
> > it slides along rather than lifts when he walks and i was wondering if a
> > dog had gotten him and shook him and that his leg was dislocated.
>
> > we would take him to the vet but we are house bound right now due to
> > terrible winter weather and we are elderly. i was wondering - does a
> > dislocated rear leg pop itself back in after awhile? my shoulder pops out
> > all the time and goes back in by itself. does it do the same with a cat?
>
> Give you cat to someone who can care for him.

There's horrible storms all over today. Yeah- listen to Cybercat and
give the cat away - or travel in the storm and risk everybody's life.
That's ****ing great advice from a polite person.

T

cyberpurrs
March 3rd 09, 03:08 AM
> wrote in message
...
On Mar 2, 3:05 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> > wrote in ...
> > our cat came home several days ago with a limp and favoring his right
> > hind
> > leg. at first he couldn't touch it to the floor. after several days, he
> > was able to stand on it but it doesn't seem like he can use it properly,
> > it slides along rather than lifts when he walks and i was wondering if a
> > dog had gotten him and shook him and that his leg was dislocated.
>
> > we would take him to the vet but we are house bound right now due to
> > terrible winter weather and we are elderly. i was wondering - does a
> > dislocated rear leg pop itself back in after awhile? my shoulder pops
> > out
> > all the time and goes back in by itself. does it do the same with a cat?
>
> Give you cat to someone who can care for him.

>There's horrible storms all over today. Yeah- listen to Cybercat and
>give the cat away - or travel in the storm and risk everybody's life.
>That's ****ing great advice from a polite person.


The cat has been in pain for at least three days, dickhead. AND these
assholes should not have let him out in the first place.

What is wrong with you? "Elderly" my ass. I have an aunt 89 years old who
cares enough not to ****ing let her cat out where anything can get to it.
And if she got hurt, she would find a way to get the cat to a goddamned vet.

MaryL
March 3rd 09, 04:52 AM
> wrote in message ...
> our cat came home several days ago with a limp and favoring his right hind
> leg. at first he couldn't touch it to the floor. after several days, he
> was able to stand on it but it doesn't seem like he can use it properly,
> it slides along rather than lifts when he walks and i was wondering if a
> dog had gotten him and shook him and that his leg was dislocated.
>
> we would take him to the vet but we are house bound right now due to
> terrible winter weather and we are elderly. i was wondering - does a
> dislocated rear leg pop itself back in after awhile? my shoulder pops out
> all the time and goes back in by itself. does it do the same with a cat?
>
> thank you


You definitely need to have this cat seen by a vet ASAP. When you see
things like this, it can be very serious. It is better to have your cat
seen sooner rather than later because it can be very painful for the cat and
can become more expensive to treat as time goes on. Regarding your
situation, there are a couple of things that you could try. The first thing
I would do is call the vet's office, let them know about your cat's
condition and the fact that you are elderly and housebound, and see if they
have anyone there who would volunteer to come to your house and bring you
and your kitty in so your cat can be seen by the vet. You could also try to
contact your neighbors or family members. Finally, you could call your
nearest social service agency. They often offer help for the elderly and
may be able to find transportation so you can take care of your kitty. You
could also check with local pet-sitting services. They have to travel,
regardless of the weather, and you might be able to pay to have someone
transport you and your cat to the vet. If you think outside of the box and
get a little creative, I think you will be able to find a way to get your
cat to a vet for treatment.

MaryL

kraut
March 3rd 09, 07:16 PM
>> our cat came home several days ago with a limp and favoring his right hind
>> leg. at first he couldn't touch it to the floor. after several days, he
>> was able to stand on it but it doesn't seem like he can use it properly,
>> it slides along rather than lifts when he walks and i was wondering if a
>> dog had gotten him and shook him and that his leg was dislocated.
>>
>> we would take him to the vet but we are house bound right now due to
>> terrible winter weather and we are elderly. i was wondering - does a
>> dislocated rear leg pop itself back in after awhile? my shoulder pops out
>> all the time and goes back in by itself. does it do the same with a cat?
>>
>
>Give you cat to someone who can care for him.
>

What is the matter with you?!?!?!?!? If you can not / won't care for
the animal properly which includes vet care give it to someone who
will / can!!!

Roemax
March 3rd 09, 09:35 PM
where do you live?
I would take you and kitty to a vet if that would help
I'm sure you could find someone near you that would help if you asked them
"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in message
. ..
>
> > wrote in message ...
>> our cat came home several days ago with a limp and favoring his right
>> hind
>> leg. at first he couldn't touch it to the floor. after several days, he
>> was able to stand on it but it doesn't seem like he can use it properly,
>> it slides along rather than lifts when he walks and i was wondering if a
>> dog had gotten him and shook him and that his leg was dislocated.
>>
>> we would take him to the vet but we are house bound right now due to
>> terrible winter weather and we are elderly. i was wondering - does a
>> dislocated rear leg pop itself back in after awhile? my shoulder pops out
>> all the time and goes back in by itself. does it do the same with a cat?
>>
>> thank you
>
>
> You definitely need to have this cat seen by a vet ASAP. When you see
> things like this, it can be very serious. It is better to have your cat
> seen sooner rather than later because it can be very painful for the cat
> and can become more expensive to treat as time goes on. Regarding your
> situation, there are a couple of things that you could try. The first
> thing I would do is call the vet's office, let them know about your cat's
> condition and the fact that you are elderly and housebound, and see if
> they have anyone there who would volunteer to come to your house and bring
> you and your kitty in so your cat can be seen by the vet. You could also
> try to contact your neighbors or family members. Finally, you could call
> your nearest social service agency. They often offer help for the elderly
> and may be able to find transportation so you can take care of your kitty.
> You could also check with local pet-sitting services. They have to
> travel, regardless of the weather, and you might be able to pay to have
> someone transport you and your cat to the vet. If you think outside of
> the box and get a little creative, I think you will be able to find a way
> to get your cat to a vet for treatment.
>
> MaryL
>