PDA

View Full Version : When An Animal in Your Care is suffering, You don't SIT THERE and do NOTHING

cybercat
March 3rd 09, 05:11 PM
Get it? You don't. You take them to the ****ing vet. You FIND the money. If
you're posting here, I know you're paying for Internet, probably
highspeed,and that you probably have a ****ing computer you could hock.

You do not "wait and see" and go buy yourself this week's groceries. You do
not post to a cat group because the gesture makes you feel better while
doing nothing for the cat, or dog, or rat, or whatever.

You get off you sorry, elderly, stupid, poor, apathetic, depressed, whatever
ASS because this creature cannot take care of itself and when you took it
on, getting it medical care was part of the promise.

Any questions, bitches?

Matthew[_3_]
March 3rd 09, 05:46 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
> Get it? You don't. You take them to the ****ing vet. You FIND the money.
> If you're posting here, I know you're paying for Internet, probably
> highspeed,and that you probably have a ****ing computer you could hock.
>
> You do not "wait and see" and go buy yourself this week's groceries. You
> do not post to a cat group because the gesture makes you feel better while
> doing nothing for the cat, or dog, or rat, or whatever.
>
> You get off you sorry, elderly, stupid, poor, apathetic, depressed,
> whatever ASS because this creature cannot take care of itself and when you
> took it on, getting it medical care was part of the promise.
>
> Any questions, bitches?

Yes how much is the price of tea in China? ;-)

March 3rd 09, 06:01 PM
On Mar 3, 12:11*pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> Get it? You don't. You take them to the ****ing vet. You FIND the money. If
> you're posting here, I know you're paying for Internet, probably
> highspeed,and that you probably have a ****ing computer you could hock.
>
> You do not "wait and see" and go buy yourself this week's groceries. You do
> not post to a cat group because the gesture makes you feel better while
> doing nothing for the cat, or dog, or rat, or whatever.
>
> You get off you sorry, elderly, stupid, poor, apathetic, depressed, whatever
> ASS because this creature cannot take care of itself and when you took it
> on, getting it medical care was part of the promise.
>
> Any questions, bitches?

Know good ways to ring its neck to put it out of its misery?

Matthew[_3_]
March 3rd 09, 06:08 PM

How original a Troll in the cat group

You get a -10 and that is pretty pathetic

March 4th 09, 12:07 PM
On Mar 3, 1:08*pm, "Matthew" > wrote:

> How original a Troll in the cat group
>
> You get a -10 and that is pretty pathetic

Well, you have to admit that Cyber is chasing flies with only the
finest sort of vinegar - and very much deserves exactly the sort of
attention she is getting...

The message is obvious. The messenger needs work.

Further to this, let's do a reality test.

The economy is in the hopper at this moment - there are a LOT of
people who are actually giving up their pets as a result of it. Sad,
but true.

My wife works in a public library. They have fifteen (15) computers
available to the general public for internet access. From the minute
the doors are open to the moment they close they are full - mostly
individuals who have no computers at home and are looking for work.
This is relatively new. A year ago, perhaps half of them would be in
use at any given time. What shows up here does not have a date/
location stamp and so could be from anywhere including a public
library. Oh, and the library also has WIFI - at least another dozen
are there with their laptops on wireless connections as they have
nothing at home and Starbucks ain't nohow free. Also a new thing.

One of the shopping centers I manage has a consignment shop. And a
Goodwill Store. In the year that the consignment shop has been open,
their business has gone up by a factor of 12, doubling in December and
again in January. Goodwill is 140% over their "plan" and experiencing
a shortage of contributions - many of which are going to the
consignment shop as people are unable to just give it away anymore.

Our Township school system - and this is a relatively wealthy township
- has seen the number of students qualified for free and subsidized
meals quadruple this semester.

Things are tough out there. The brute fact of the matter is that pets
are a luxury - and although they may be one of the last things cut in
the budget, a medical catastrophe could be just that thing that puts a
family or individual over the edge. It is all very well to make
statements like "FIND THE MONEY" and some-such. But that sort of thing
comes from judgemental idiots who have never missed a meal nor had to
choose between paying the rent or buying shoes for the kids.

Not one single one of those of you like Cyber has even the tiniest
sort of clue of the circumstances of anyone at all that posts here.
Yet somehow you feel you have the right to make such statements.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

dgk
March 4th 09, 01:52 PM
On Wed, 4 Mar 2009 04:07:49 -0800 (PST), " >
wrote:

>On Mar 3, 1:08*pm, "Matthew" > wrote:
>> >

>> How original a Troll in the cat group
>>
>> You get a -10 and that is pretty pathetic
>
>Well, you have to admit that Cyber is chasing flies with only the
>finest sort of vinegar - and very much deserves exactly the sort of
>attention she is getting...
>
>The message is obvious. The messenger needs work.
>
>Further to this, let's do a reality test.
>
>The economy is in the hopper at this moment - there are a LOT of
>people who are actually giving up their pets as a result of it. Sad,
>but true.
>
>My wife works in a public library. They have fifteen (15) computers
>available to the general public for internet access. From the minute
>the doors are open to the moment they close they are full - mostly
>individuals who have no computers at home and are looking for work.
>This is relatively new. A year ago, perhaps half of them would be in
>use at any given time. What shows up here does not have a date/
>location stamp and so could be from anywhere including a public
>library. Oh, and the library also has WIFI - at least another dozen
>are there with their laptops on wireless connections as they have
>nothing at home and Starbucks ain't nohow free. Also a new thing.
>
>One of the shopping centers I manage has a consignment shop. And a
>Goodwill Store. In the year that the consignment shop has been open,
>their business has gone up by a factor of 12, doubling in December and
>again in January. Goodwill is 140% over their "plan" and experiencing
>a shortage of contributions - many of which are going to the
>consignment shop as people are unable to just give it away anymore.
>
>Our Township school system - and this is a relatively wealthy township
>- has seen the number of students qualified for free and subsidized
>meals quadruple this semester.
>
>Things are tough out there. The brute fact of the matter is that pets
>are a luxury - and although they may be one of the last things cut in
>the budget, a medical catastrophe could be just that thing that puts a
>family or individual over the edge. It is all very well to make
>statements like "FIND THE MONEY" and some-such. But that sort of thing
>comes from judgemental idiots who have never missed a meal nor had to
>choose between paying the rent or buying shoes for the kids.
>
>Not one single one of those of you like Cyber has even the tiniest
>sort of clue of the circumstances of anyone at all that posts here.
>Yet somehow you feel you have the right to make such statements.
>
>Peter Wieck
>Melrose Park, PA

Yes, quite true. Things are really bad all over. I've never seen so
many closed stores, and animal shelters are closing because they have
no funding. Thank you Reagan, Bush (*2), Clinton.

Magic Mood Jeep
March 4th 09, 03:25 PM
"dgk" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 4 Mar 2009 04:07:49 -0800 (PST), " >
> wrote:
>
>>On Mar 3, 1:08 pm, "Matthew" > wrote:
>>> >

>>> How original a Troll in the cat group
>>>
>>> You get a -10 and that is pretty pathetic
>>
>>Well, you have to admit that Cyber is chasing flies with only the
>>finest sort of vinegar - and very much deserves exactly the sort of
>>attention she is getting...
>>
>>The message is obvious. The messenger needs work.
>>
>>Further to this, let's do a reality test.
>>
>>The economy is in the hopper at this moment - there are a LOT of
>>people who are actually giving up their pets as a result of it. Sad,
>>but true.
>>
>>My wife works in a public library. They have fifteen (15) computers
>>available to the general public for internet access. From the minute
>>the doors are open to the moment they close they are full - mostly
>>individuals who have no computers at home and are looking for work.
>>This is relatively new. A year ago, perhaps half of them would be in
>>use at any given time. What shows up here does not have a date/
>>location stamp and so could be from anywhere including a public
>>library. Oh, and the library also has WIFI - at least another dozen
>>are there with their laptops on wireless connections as they have
>>nothing at home and Starbucks ain't nohow free. Also a new thing.
>>
>>One of the shopping centers I manage has a consignment shop. And a
>>Goodwill Store. In the year that the consignment shop has been open,
>>their business has gone up by a factor of 12, doubling in December and
>>again in January. Goodwill is 140% over their "plan" and experiencing
>>a shortage of contributions - many of which are going to the
>>consignment shop as people are unable to just give it away anymore.
>>
>>Our Township school system - and this is a relatively wealthy township
>>- has seen the number of students qualified for free and subsidized
>>meals quadruple this semester.
>>
>>Things are tough out there. The brute fact of the matter is that pets
>>are a luxury - and although they may be one of the last things cut in
>>the budget, a medical catastrophe could be just that thing that puts a
>>family or individual over the edge. It is all very well to make
>>statements like "FIND THE MONEY" and some-such. But that sort of thing
>>comes from judgemental idiots who have never missed a meal nor had to
>>choose between paying the rent or buying shoes for the kids.
>>
>>Not one single one of those of you like Cyber has even the tiniest
>>sort of clue of the circumstances of anyone at all that posts here.
>>Yet somehow you feel you have the right to make such statements.
>>
>>Peter Wieck
>>Melrose Park, PA
>
> Yes, quite true. Things are really bad all over. I've never seen so
> many closed stores, and animal shelters are closing because they have
> no funding. Thank you Reagan, Bush (*2), Clinton.

Don't blame Reagan - he brought this country OUT of a recession!

The current mess is thanks to the liberals who insisted that *everyone*
should be offered a mortgage, regardless of whether or not he could make
the payments. Hence the many foreclosures. Those liberals I am
referriong to are the likes of Barney Frank, the members of ACORN (of
which our current POTUS was a supporter of - look it up) and their
cronies.

--
>^..^< This is Kitty. Copy and paste Kitty into your signature to help
her
wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde

Matthew[_3_]
March 4th 09, 04:41 PM
On Mar 3, 1:08 pm, "Matthew" > wrote:

> How original a Troll in the cat group
>
> You get a -10 and that is pretty pathetic

Well, you have to admit that Cyber is chasing flies with only the
finest sort of vinegar - and very much deserves exactly the sort of
attention she is getting...

The message is obvious. The messenger needs work.

Further to this, let's do a reality test.

The economy is in the hopper at this moment - there are a LOT of
people who are actually giving up their pets as a result of it. Sad,
but true.

My wife works in a public library. They have fifteen (15) computers
available to the general public for internet access. From the minute
the doors are open to the moment they close they are full - mostly
individuals who have no computers at home and are looking for work.
This is relatively new. A year ago, perhaps half of them would be in
use at any given time. What shows up here does not have a date/
location stamp and so could be from anywhere including a public
library. Oh, and the library also has WIFI - at least another dozen
are there with their laptops on wireless connections as they have
nothing at home and Starbucks ain't no how free. Also a new thing.

One of the shopping centers I manage has a consignment shop. And a
Goodwill Store. In the year that the consignment shop has been open,
their business has gone up by a factor of 12, doubling in December and
again in January. Goodwill is 140% over their "plan" and experiencing
a shortage of contributions - many of which are going to the
consignment shop as people are unable to just give it away anymore.

Our Township school system - and this is a relatively wealthy township
- has seen the number of students qualified for free and subsidized
meals quadruple this semester.

Things are tough out there. The brute fact of the matter is that pets
are a luxury - and although they may be one of the last things cut in
the budget, a medical catastrophe could be just that thing that puts a
family or individual over the edge. It is all very well to make
statements like "FIND THE MONEY" and some-such. But that sort of thing
comes from judgmental idiots who have never missed a meal nor had to
choose between paying the rent or buying shoes for the kids.

Not one single one of those of you like Cyber has even the tiniest
sort of clue of the circumstances of anyone at all that posts here.
Yet somehow you feel you have the right to make such statements.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Peter Since you are new to the cat groups but do have cat knowledge. Let me
please FYI you a little bit Cyber, myself and quite a few others here SEE
so many [email protected]@holes that come to the cat groups and do the sort of thing she is
griping about. I am not knocking you or insulting you but. When you have
been here long enough it is going to drive you nuts with all the stupidity
that some of these poster do. WE have seen it all to from my cat is
lethargic and drooling should I call a vet. He has been like this for days
to my cats eye is been damaged in a cat fight but we don't have money what
can I do.

You are right to a point the message is right THE messenger is frustrated
just like the rest of us who have been here for years in the cat groups
dealing with all the situations. Stick around you will see what I am
talking about. The average person will not give up their luxuries to do what
needs to be done people are selfish. In my experience I have heard so many
people with pets that tell me oh I have to wait to do this with their pet.
But hey lets light up that cig or go out to eat or drink that beer. This is
been going on here a lot longer than this past bad economy spell.

Oh before anything is said. I know what it is to live with out but the
furballs always have had always will come first and I found a way to make
sure they were taken care of no matter what.

Again I am not insulting or knocking anyone I am not in the mood to fight
or flame anymore I want to be retired but can't the furballs need me.

March 4th 09, 04:55 PM
On Mar 4, 11:41*am, "Matthew" >
wrote:

> Again I am not insulting or knocking anyone *I am not in the mood to fight
> or flame anymore I want to be retired but can't the furballs need me.

Matthew:

With respect - if one chooses to participate as an 'expert' on a Help
Group, then full responsibility for one's actions go with the
territory. The entire run of human nature goes with the territory.
Stupidity goes with the territory. Cluelessness goes with the
territory. Toxicity does not go with the territory - that serves only
to eliminate any actual good that may be concealed in the advice -
rightfully so in my opinion.

And with respect to Cyber - I believe her behavior as displayed here
is systemic, typical and has little or nothing to do with whatever may
or may not go on in this NG. I find her advice in my opinion to be
about 30% accurate, 30% reactive (and wrong) and 40% pure, unsupported
opinion. All of which is her privilege, of course.

But, she should be muzzled until she learns to control herself on the
reactive part - or finds a more appropriate venue for venting.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

cybercat
March 4th 09, 05:31 PM
"Magic Mood Jeep" > wrote in message
> [...]
>>>
>>>Peter Wieck
>>>Melrose Park, PA
>>
>> Yes, quite true. Things are really bad all over. I've never seen so
>> many closed stores, and animal shelters are closing because they have
>> no funding. Thank you Reagan, Bush (*2), Clinton.
>

> Don't blame Reagan - he brought this country OUT of a recession!
>
> The current mess is thanks to the liberals who insisted that *everyone*
> should be offered a mortgage, regardless of whether or not he could make
> the payments. Hence the many foreclosures. Those liberals I am
> referriong to are the likes of Barney Frank, the members of ACORN (of
> which our current POTUS was a supporter of - look it up) and their
> cronies.
>
> --
> >^..^< This is Kitty. Copy and paste Kitty into your signature to help

The bad economy has clearly affected your brain.

cybercat
March 4th 09, 05:33 PM
"Matthew" > wrote

> The average person will not give up their luxuries to do what
> needs to be done people are selfish. In my experience I have heard so
> many people with pets that tell me oh I have to wait to do this with their
> pet. But hey lets light up that cig or go out to eat or drink that beer.
> This is been going on here a lot longer than this past bad economy spell.
>
> Oh before anything is said. I know what it is to live with out but the
> furballs always have had always will come first and I found a way to make
> sure they were taken care of no matter what.

Nicely said, Matthew. I make no apologies for my tone or the way I say
anything. It's the only way I can tell people who are not taking care of
their cats to take the **** care of them. I shouldn't HAVE to say it. The
economy does not matter. You find a way to take care of what is important.

March 4th 09, 05:45 PM
On Mar 4, 12:33*pm, "cybercat" > wrote:

> Nicely said, Matthew. I make no apologies for my tone or the way I say
> anything. It's the only way I can tell people who are not taking care of
> their cats to take the **** care of them. I shouldn't HAVE to say it. The
> economy does not matter. You find a way to take care of what is important..

Res ipsa loquitor.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Janet
March 4th 09, 08:10 PM
Magic Mood Jeep wrote:

> Don't blame Reagan - he brought this country OUT of a recession!

I'm wondering how old you are.

Despite Republican mythology in intervening years, Reagan's first
administration featured a major recession. Reagan proceeded to enormously
multiply the national debt, and was responsible for such innovations as
classifying ketchup as a vegetable in school llunches for poor children.

The term "voodoo economics" was coined by Bush the elder to describe
Reagan's policies.

One of his better moments.

cybercat
March 4th 09, 09:39 PM
"Janet" > wrote in message
> Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
>
>> Don't blame Reagan - he brought this country OUT of a recession!
>
> I'm wondering how old you are.

She is old enough to know better, if she had a brain that worked better.

dejablues[_4_]
March 4th 09, 11:38 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
> Get it? You don't. You take them to the ****ing vet. You FIND the money.
> If you're posting here, I know you're paying for Internet, probably
> highspeed,and that you probably have a ****ing computer you could hock.
>
> You do not "wait and see" and go buy yourself this week's groceries. You
> do not post to a cat group because the gesture makes you feel better while
> doing nothing for the cat, or dog, or rat, or whatever.
>
> You get off you sorry, elderly, stupid, poor, apathetic, depressed,
> whatever ASS because this creature cannot take care of itself and when you
> took it on, getting it medical care was part of the promise.
>
> Any questions, bitches?

Hear hear!
You should repost this once a month or so.

Clara Semps
March 5th 09, 09:44 PM
In article
"> wrote:

> On Mar 4, 12:33*pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
>
> > Nicely said, Matthew. I make no apologies for my tone or the way I say
> > anything. It's the only way I can tell people who are not taking care of
> > their cats to take the **** care of them. I shouldn't HAVE to say it. The
> > economy does not matter. You find a way to take care of what is important.
>
> Res ipsa loquitor.
>
> Peter Wieck
> Melrose Park, PA

Peter, there are some people who react emotionally to their
frustrations of their perceivced lack in others. It is frustrating to
see people own pets who don't have the money to take care of them
properly. However, what is the alternative for those who had the money,
but lost most of it? Is it to have those animals put to sleep, left on
the street or thrown to a shelter that is already overcrowded, if not
closing because there is no more money coming in? I'd certainly love an
anser because I'm one of them.

The times affect the nature of selfishness. For those who have money,
nothing changes.... for the rest of us middle class [email protected]@holes as,
cybercat calls us, what are we supposed to do? I've been out of work
for almost a year and my IRA has dwindled by over 50% (thank you
Dubya). It wasn't much to begin with, but it's all I have and there
ain't much left now.

Our cats are our babies too. But do we spend the money on the older cat
(sometimes thousands) and lose our homes so the animals have no place
to live, or give them away to be put to sleep, or forego groceries for
the next 3 months, except for the animals, of course, or... ? Well, I
hear ranting but I don't hear solutions. There are no easy answers
cybercat. I feel your frustration. Can you feel mine? Or are you so
caught up in your anger that you can't see the forest for the trees?

As Peter said, Res ipsa loquitor... the thing (or in this case, our
time) speaks for itself.

cybercat
March 6th 09, 12:05 AM
"Clara Semps" > wrote in message
> In article
> >,
> "> wrote:
>
>> On Mar 4, 12:33 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
>>
>> > Nicely said, Matthew. I make no apologies for my tone or the way I say
>> > anything. It's the only way I can tell people who are not taking care
>> > of
>> > their cats to take the **** care of them. I shouldn't HAVE to say it.
>> > The
>> > economy does not matter. You find a way to take care of what is
>> > important.
>>
>> Res ipsa loquitor.
>>
>> Peter Wieck
>> Melrose Park, PA
>>

> Peter, there are some people who react emotionally to their
> frustrations of their perceivced lack in others. It is frustrating to
> see people own pets who don't have the money to take care of them
> properly. However, what is the alternative for those who had the money,
> but lost most of it? Is it to have those animals put to sleep, left on
> the street or thrown to a shelter that is already overcrowded, if not
> closing because there is no more money coming in? I'd certainly love an
> anser because I'm one of them.
>
> The times affect the nature of selfishness. For those who have money,
> nothing changes.... for the rest of us middle class [email protected]@holes as,
> cybercat calls us, what are we supposed to do? I've been out of work
> for almost a year and my IRA has dwindled by over 50% (thank you
> Dubya).

Oh, yeah. You have an IRA, but you cannot afford to take your cats to the
vet.

March 6th 09, 12:48 AM
On Mar 5, 4:44*pm, Clara Semps > wrote:
> In article

> Our cats are our babies too. But do we spend the money on the older cat
> (sometimes thousands) and lose our homes so the animals have no place
> to live, or give them away to be put to sleep, or forego groceries for
> the next 3 months, except for the animals, of course, or... ? Well, I
> hear ranting but I don't hear solutions. There are no easy answers
> cybercat. I feel your frustration. Can you feel mine? Or are you so
> caught up in your anger that you can't see the forest for the trees?
>
> As Peter said, Res ipsa loquitor... the thing (or in this case, our
> time) speaks for itself.

Clara:

There is no reasoning with a self-righteous bigot with severely
limited life-experience. What Cyber expresses here has not one tiny
thing at all to do with cats, their care and feeding, their habits and
needs, but entirely to do with Cyber's sad, unhappy, frustrated life.
Cats are simply the means by which Cyber visits her frustrations on
the world (at least as she perceives it here in this NG) so that she
is absolved of having to actually do something about them. In this
singular venue, she remains 'superior' to the rest of the great
unwashed and is permitted to visit judgment upon them without
consequence.

Let it rest. She won't change and by engaging her all you do is reduce
your happiness.

As to what to do with the economy - want a scary fact? At this point,
"personal debt" (mortgages, credit-cards, car loans, personal loans,
home-equity loans and so forth) equal or exceed the GDP. The last time
that this was true was in 1929. From about 1950 to about 2000, it
averaged between 40 and 60% of GDP.

Put very simply, this means that the banks have lent TOO MUCH money,
not that they are not lending enough.

It took 10 full years to get out of the last depression - and there is
some very real support for the belief that it took the War to do so.

Are you scared yet?

Things I can see from my front door (and are partially related to the
purpose of this group): The cat (as we are told by our neighbors) that
used to belong to the previous owners of this house is now a stray.
This house was empty for 2.5 years until we purchased it in March of
2008 from a bank after a foreclosure. We moved in with our two cats
and two dogs - now this stray just since the beginning of January has
taken to visiting our back porch - but won't come inside, won't allow
itself to be touched but _will_ eat. We are feeding it as are several
of our neighbors. Our two cats tolerate it just fine, the dog ignores
it.

Our former next door neighbor recently sold their house because as it
was their single largest asset, despite their relative youth (mid-60s)
and good health they decided they had to move into a senior life-care
community while they still had access to the cash to do so - the
proceeds of the sale of their house. They had two pets one which they
by pure blind luck placed with their buyer as their community did not
allow more than one pet. They went from a 3800 square foot house on
1/3 acre built in 1921 to a 1,100 square foot two-bedroom apartment on
the sixth floor of a midrise.

A neighbor down the block purchased a fixer-upper - and has had to
stop all work on it. He is an architect and his firm is dead in the
water. As an aside to that, they had to give up their dog as it is
diabetic with complications and they simply could not afford the
medications to keep it alive. THAT dog got placed with the vet who
lives down the block the other way as a 'mitzvah'. She, at least, is
still busy.

All this in an area spanned by twenty (20) houses.

We do the best we can, and we have to remember the words of Mr.
Franklin:

We must all hang together or assuredly we shall all hang separately.

Cyber is bent on hanging separately. Let her do so. The rest of us
will do the best we can and help as we can where we can. We are
getting the full measure of the ancient Chinese Blessing/Curse: May
you live in interesting times and may all your wishes come true.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Poe
March 6th 09, 01:06 AM
wrote:
> [...]
> stop all work on it. He is an architect and his firm is dead in the
> water. As an aside to that, they had to give up their dog as it is
> diabetic with complications and they simply could not afford the
> medications to keep it alive. THAT dog got placed with the vet who
> lives down the block the other way as a 'mitzvah'. She, at least, is
> still busy.
>
> All this in an area spanned by twenty (20) houses.
>
> We do the best we can, and we have to remember the words of Mr.
> Franklin:
>
> We must all hang together or assuredly we shall all hang separately.
>
> Cyber is bent on hanging separately. Let her do so. The rest of us
> will do the best we can and help as we can where we can. We are
> getting the full measure of the ancient Chinese Blessing/Curse: May
> you live in interesting times and may all your wishes come true.

Thanks for the perspective. Well put.

cshenk
March 6th 09, 02:53 AM
> wrote
Clara Semps wrote

> the next 3 months, except for the animals, of course, or... ? Well, I
> hear ranting but I don't hear solutions. There are no easy answers
> cybercat. I feel your frustration. Can you feel mine? Or are you so
> caught up in your anger that you can't see the forest for the trees?
>
>Clara:

> Cats are simply the means by which Cyber visits her frustrations on
> the world (at least as she perceives it here in this NG) so that she
> is absolved of having to actually do something about them. In this
> singular venue, she remains 'superior' to the rest of the great
> unwashed and is permitted to visit judgment upon them without
> consequence.

Harshly put but possibly true.

> Let it rest. She won't change and by engaging her all you do is reduce
> your happiness.

Definately true.

> Things I can see from my front door (and are partially related to the
> purpose of this group): The cat (as we are told by our neighbors) that

Snip but yes.

Here, we have had forclosures but not quite as bad but it is getting scarey
out there and it doesnt help that I am looking for work again for the first
time in 26 years (Navy, time to move on) and all the jobs in my catagory
have dried up. People who were able to get the 50-70K jobs are now settling
for my 35K or so and since they have engineering degrees and such, I can not
compete.

I knowingly took on 2 rescue pets, one with lifelong heart problems and now
am struggling to maintain the income needed to keep his insurance and vet
needs met in medicines. Thank the lord I had money when he was finally well
enough to have him 'fixed' as it was a specialist job (turned down 4 times
before) and cost me 400$ (after insurance, full bill was closer to 1200$).
SPCA wouldnt touch him but the clinic lined him up with the cardio
specialist who doesnt normally do neutering jobs but was deemed by all
concerned to be a neccessity if he was to be neutered at all. They only did
it at last because the heart strain of the ladies in season around him
outweighed the risk of the surgery.

At this stage of time, most people are already tapping what little savings
they may have and it's gonna get worse before it gets better. I'm looking
hard at what is essential here and looking for cost cutting since I'm about
to take a 60% pay cut if i do not find a job, and if all I can turn up is
18K a year in work, thats still gonna be 15K less than we are used to.

I shifted some things and may go with a landline phone and a 'prepaid cell'
as that's gonna be less in my area. I need the landline for job hunting and
can get one for 25$ a month here. Prepaid cell can be as low as 15$ for a
net savings of 50$ a month on current setup. Most folks can save alot on
the food bill but I've always been a careful shopper there so not much more
to be done.

cybercat
March 6th 09, 04:27 AM
"cshenk" > wrote in message
> > wrote
> Clara Semps wrote
>
>> the next 3 months, except for the animals, of course, or... ? Well, I
>> hear ranting but I don't hear solutions. There are no easy answers
>> cybercat. I feel your frustration. Can you feel mine? Or are you so
>> caught up in your anger that you can't see the forest for the trees?
>>
>>Clara:
>
>> Cats are simply the means by which Cyber visits her frustrations on
>> the world (at least as she perceives it here in this NG) so that she
>> is absolved of having to actually do something about them. In this
>> singular venue, she remains 'superior' to the rest of the great
>> unwashed and is permitted to visit judgment upon them without
>> consequence.
>
> Harshly put but possibly true.
>
>> Let it rest. She won't change and by engaging her all you do is reduce
>> your happiness.
>
> Definately true.

You know, while I appreciate the valuable psychological analysis, the fact
is, we are all entitled to our opinions. I measure my own humanity in part
by how well I take care of those who cannot take care of themselves, and
they are not all feline.

I am disgusted by Clara and others who simply justify their own selfish lack
of regard for their animals with these kinds of disingenuous arguments. I am
particularly disgusted with you, cshenk, as you should know better. You can
bet that while this insipid bitch is not taking her animal to the vet, she
is not doing without. Not one bit.

This is a cat group. We like cats. When they are sick, we like to take care
of them. We might even get into our retirement accounts to do so! Just
amazing.

Have fun analyzing my character. I guess you could say that anyone with
strongly held convictions holds said convictions in order to "feel
superior," and/or takes a stand to vent life's frustrations. You're entitled
to your opinions.

To respond to these heartfelt (sob!) critisicms of my cruel nature, I would
like to say that I would be ever so kind and gentle if these ****ing idiots
would just go on about their business of neglecting their animals and
allowing them to suffer without posting about it in a Usenet group. That
would make me feel so much better about my miserable little life, I might
not be "harsh" at all.

Assholes.

Magic Mood Jeep
March 6th 09, 01:15 PM
"Janet" > wrote in message
> Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
>
>> Don't blame Reagan - he brought this country OUT of a recession!
>
> I'm wondering how old you are.
>
> Despite Republican mythology in intervening years, Reagan's first
> administration featured a major recession. Reagan proceeded to
> enormously multiply the national debt, and was responsible for such
> innovations as classifying ketchup as a vegetable in school llunches for
> poor children.
>
> The term "voodoo economics" was coined by Bush the elder to describe
> Reagan's policies.
>
> One of his better moments.

I was an adult in the 80's, so I remember it. It may have been "voodoo
economics", but it worked and got US out of it.

--
>^..^< This is Kitty. Copy and paste Kitty into your signature to help
her
wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)

dgk
March 9th 09, 12:33 PM
On Fri, 6 Mar 2009 08:15:48 -0500, "Magic Mood Jeep"
> wrote:

>"Janet" > wrote in message
>> Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
>>
>>> Don't blame Reagan - he brought this country OUT of a recession!
>>
>> I'm wondering how old you are.
>>
>> Despite Republican mythology in intervening years, Reagan's first
>> administration featured a major recession. Reagan proceeded to
>> enormously multiply the national debt, and was responsible for such
>> innovations as classifying ketchup as a vegetable in school llunches for
>> poor children.
>>
>> The term "voodoo economics" was coined by Bush the elder to describe
>> Reagan's policies.
>>
>> One of his better moments.
>>

>I was an adult in the 80's, so I remember it. It may have been "voodoo
>economics", but it worked and got US out of it.
..

Nope, Reagan began the dismantling of controls on big capitalism. That
led directly to the looting of our treasury by the very wealthy, as
shown by the ever growing gap between the extremely wealthy and
everyone else. Globalization moved good paying jobs overseas where big
capital could make even more money and leave American workers with
less.

Trickle down has failed miserably. Tax cuts on the wealthy have raised
taxes on the rest of us while that capital has been looted. Our
infrastructure has rotted away while huge profits went out of country.

I voted for Obama but don't think even he can pull us out of this one.
The jobs are gone, the industries are gone, and all we have left are
"financial professionals" pushing around paper. That's our legacy of
Reagan. He was a fascist and started us down the road to what will
likely become a fascist state as things get worse.

It worked in the short run but bankrupted us in the long run. It could
never have done otherwise. The four words that need to be remembered
here are "too big to fail". Once our corporations became too big and
too interlocked, we can't let them fail. So they made abysmal
decisions that we now have to live with. We really should just let
them all collapse, as the moron Republican assholes mouth off about,
but thinking people know we don't have that option. That will just
make things even worse.

There are no easy answers. That's what makes for good facism. They
have easy answers for everything and morons like you will go along
with it.

dejablues[_4_]
March 13th 09, 03:23 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "cshenk" > wrote in message
>> > wrote
>> Clara Semps wrote
>>
>>> the next 3 months, except for the animals, of course, or... ? Well, I
>>> hear ranting but I don't hear solutions. There are no easy answers
>>> cybercat. I feel your frustration. Can you feel mine? Or are you so
>>> caught up in your anger that you can't see the forest for the trees?
>>>
>>>Clara:
>>
>>> Cats are simply the means by which Cyber visits her frustrations on
>>> the world (at least as she perceives it here in this NG) so that she
>>> is absolved of having to actually do something about them. In this
>>> singular venue, she remains 'superior' to the rest of the great
>>> unwashed and is permitted to visit judgment upon them without
>>> consequence.
>>
>> Harshly put but possibly true.
>>
>>> Let it rest. She won't change and by engaging her all you do is reduce
>>> your happiness.
>>
>> Definately true.
>>

> You know, while I appreciate the valuable psychological analysis, the fact
> is, we are all entitled to our opinions. I measure my own humanity in part
> by how well I take care of those who cannot take care of themselves, and
> they are not all feline.
>
> I am disgusted by Clara and others who simply justify their own selfish
> lack of regard for their animals with these kinds of disingenuous
> arguments. I am particularly disgusted with you, cshenk, as you should
> know better. You can bet that while this insipid bitch is not taking her
> animal to the vet, she is not doing without. Not one bit.
>
> This is a cat group. We like cats. When they are sick, we like to take
> care of them. We might even get into our retirement accounts to do so!
> Just amazing.
>
> Have fun analyzing my character. I guess you could say that anyone with
> strongly held convictions holds said convictions in order to "feel
> superior," and/or takes a stand to vent life's frustrations. You're
> entitled to your opinions.
>
> To respond to these heartfelt (sob!) critisicms of my cruel nature, I
> would like to say that I would be ever so kind and gentle if these ****ing
> idiots would just go on about their business of neglecting their animals
> and allowing them to suffer without posting about it in a Usenet group.
> That would make me feel so much better about my miserable little life, I
> might not be "harsh" at all.
>
> Assholes.

I'd love for these people to post their cat neglect stories on the
somethingawful.com Pet Island forum. after the reaming they'd get there,
they'd think you were a kindly fairy godmother.

cybercat
March 13th 09, 03:34 PM
"dejablues" > wrote in message

>>> Clara Semps wrote

>>> Harshly put but possibly true.

>>> Definately true.
>>>

>> You know, while I appreciate the valuable psychological analysis, the
>> fact is, we are all entitled to our opinions. I measure my own humanity
>> in part by how well I take care of those who cannot take care of
>> themselves, and they are not all feline.
>>
>> I am disgusted by Clara and others who simply justify their own selfish
>> lack of regard for their animals with these kinds of disingenuous
>> arguments. I am particularly disgusted with you, cshenk, as you should
>> know better. You can bet that while this insipid bitch is not taking her
>> animal to the vet, she is not doing without. Not one bit.
>>
>> This is a cat group. We like cats. When they are sick, we like to take
>> care of them. We might even get into our retirement accounts to do so!
>> Just amazing.
>>
>> Have fun analyzing my character. I guess you could say that anyone with
>> strongly held convictions holds said convictions in order to "feel
>> superior," and/or takes a stand to vent life's frustrations. You're
>> entitled to your opinions.
>>
>> To respond to these heartfelt (sob!) critisicms of my cruel nature, I
>> would like to say that I would be ever so kind and gentle if these
>> ****ing idiots would just go on about their business of neglecting their
>> animals and allowing them to suffer without posting about it in a Usenet
>> group. That would make me feel so much better about my miserable little
>> life, I might not be "harsh" at all.
>>
>> Assholes.
>
> I'd love for these people to post their cat neglect stories on the
> somethingawful.com Pet Island forum. after the reaming they'd get there,
> they'd think you were a kindly fairy godmother.

Here's the thing, dgk: because my main concern is the animals, that makes me
a sociopath. In order to be liked and likable I must make the PEOPLE feel
BETTER no matter what they do or do not do with regard to caring for their
animals. I should be here to make fwends, see. This is just one big social
networking circle jerk, not a forum for people who really love cats and want
to discuss health and behavior.

dejablues[_4_]
March 13th 09, 07:57 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "dejablues" > wrote in message

>>> You know, while I appreciate the valuable psychological analysis, the
>>> fact is, we are all entitled to our opinions. I measure my own humanity
>>> in part by how well I take care of those who cannot take care of
>>> themselves, and they are not all feline.
>>>
>>> I am disgusted by Clara and others who simply justify their own selfish
>>> lack of regard for their animals with these kinds of disingenuous
>>> arguments. I am particularly disgusted with you, cshenk, as you should
>>> know better. You can bet that while this insipid bitch is not taking her
>>> animal to the vet, she is not doing without. Not one bit.
>>>
>>> This is a cat group. We like cats. When they are sick, we like to take
>>> care of them. We might even get into our retirement accounts to do so!
>>> Just amazing.
>>>
>>> Have fun analyzing my character. I guess you could say that anyone with
>>> strongly held convictions holds said convictions in order to "feel
>>> superior," and/or takes a stand to vent life's frustrations. You're
>>> entitled to your opinions.
>>>
>>> To respond to these heartfelt (sob!) critisicms of my cruel nature, I
>>> would like to say that I would be ever so kind and gentle if these
>>> ****ing idiots would just go on about their business of neglecting their
>>> animals and allowing them to suffer without posting about it in a Usenet
>>> group. That would make me feel so much better about my miserable little
>>> life, I might not be "harsh" at all.
>>>
>>> Assholes.
>>
>> I'd love for these people to post their cat neglect stories on the
>> somethingawful.com Pet Island forum. after the reaming they'd get there,
>> they'd think you were a kindly fairy godmother.
>
> Here's the thing, dgk: because my main concern is the animals, that makes
> me a sociopath. In order to be liked and likable I must make the PEOPLE
> feel BETTER no matter what they do or do not do with regard to caring for
> their animals. I should be here to make fwends, see. This is just one big
> social networking circle jerk, not a forum for people who really love cats
> and want to discuss health and behavior.

Animals can't speak for themselves. Someone has to.
People, I could care less about, and like you, I feel no need to be nice.

Lynne
March 14th 09, 08:55 PM
cybercat wrote:

> Here's the thing, dgk: because my main concern is the animals, that makes me
> a sociopath. In order to be liked and likable I must make the PEOPLE feel
> BETTER no matter what they do or do not do with regard to caring for their
> animals. I should be here to make fwends, see. This is just one big social
> networking circle jerk, not a forum for people who really love cats and want
> to discuss health and behavior.

Amen, sister! I am right there with you, however I can't take all the
a-holes. Keep fighting the good fight!