PDA

View Full Version : Cats are furry little monsters!

Jacques De Molay
March 4th 09, 01:06 AM
If you cat was bigger, it would EAT you, because it's
a predator, a monster and it's hungry for your flesh!

Cats are monsters!

Matthew[_3_]
March 4th 09, 01:13 AM
"Jacques De Molay" > wrote in message
> If you cat was bigger, it would EAT you, because it's
> a predator, a monster and it's hungry for your flesh!
>
> Cats are monsters!

< crossposting removed>

Only to the untrained or the stupid

jmc
March 4th 09, 02:08 AM
Suddenly, without warning, Matthew exclaimed (3/3/2009 8:13 PM):
> "Jacques De Molay" > wrote in message
>> If you cat was bigger, it would EAT you, because it's
>> a predator, a monster and it's hungry for your flesh!
>>
>> Cats are monsters!
>
> < crossposting removed>
>
> Only to the untrained or the stupid

Oh, I dunno. If cats had opposable thumbs, they'd rule the world and
we'd be their slaves.

Oh, wait. We already are. Silly me :)

jmc

dgk
March 4th 09, 01:47 PM
On Tue, 03 Mar 2009 21:08:40 -0500, jmc
> wrote:

>Suddenly, without warning, Matthew exclaimed (3/3/2009 8:13 PM):
>> "Jacques De Molay" > wrote in message
>>> If you cat was bigger, it would EAT you, because it's
>>> a predator, a monster and it's hungry for your flesh!
>>>
>>> Cats are monsters!
>>
>> < crossposting removed>
>>
>> Only to the untrained or the stupid
>>

>Oh, I dunno. If cats had opposable thumbs, they'd rule the world and
>we'd be their slaves.
>
>Oh, wait. We already are. Silly me :)
>
>jmc

And possums have opposable thumbs on their hands and feet and are thus
superior to us.

Matthew[_3_]
March 4th 09, 03:35 PM
"dgk" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 03 Mar 2009 21:08:40 -0500, jmc
> > wrote:
>
>>Suddenly, without warning, Matthew exclaimed (3/3/2009 8:13 PM):
>>> "Jacques De Molay" > wrote in
>>> message

>>> < crossposting removed>
>>>
>>> Only to the untrained or the stupid
>>>

>>Oh, I dunno. If cats had opposable thumbs, they'd rule the world and
>>we'd be their slaves.
>>
>>Oh, wait. We already are. Silly me :)
>>
>>jmc
>
> And possums have opposable thumbs on their hands and feet and are thus
> superior to us.

Not really we at least know to look both ways before we cross the road or we
would be lunch ;-)

Clara Semps
March 5th 09, 05:40 PM
In article
Jacques De Molay > wrote:

> If you cat was bigger, it would EAT you, because it's
> a predator, a monster and it's hungry for your flesh!
>
> Cats are monsters!

I agree! My Furby bites me all the time. Of course that's because I
slap him around while playing. He loves it. But it's easier on my hands
if I use a glove or towel. Gonna go clean the scratches and bites now
before they infect. Monster cat indeed! Hrumph! Muahahahahahahaha.

Stan Brown
March 7th 09, 10:41 PM
Tue, 3 Mar 2009 20:13:10 -0500 from Matthew
>:
>
> "Jacques De Molay" > wrote in message
> > If you cat was bigger, it would EAT you, because it's
> > a predator, a monster and it's hungry for your flesh!
> >
> > Cats are monsters!
>
> < crossposting removed>
>
> Only to the untrained or the stupid

I was watching /Rain man/ for the first time in many years, and I
realized: cats are autistic. They are concerned only with what they
want when they want it (though fortunately that usually includes
giving and receiving affection), and they have lots of little rituals
that they follow, especially when nervous.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...

Stan Brown
March 7th 09, 10:41 PM
Tue, 03 Mar 2009 21:08:40 -0500 from jmc
>:
> Oh, I dunno. If cats had opposable thumbs, they'd rule the world and
> we'd be their slaves.
>
> Oh, wait. We already are. Silly me :)

When one animal poops and the other animal picks up its poop, which
is the master and which is the slave? :-)

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...

T[_4_]
March 8th 09, 07:37 PM
In article >,
says...

> In article
> >,
> Jacques De Molay > wrote:
>
> > If you cat was bigger, it would EAT you, because it's
> > a predator, a monster and it's hungry for your flesh!
> >
> > Cats are monsters!
>
> I agree! My Furby bites me all the time. Of course that's because I
> slap him around while playing. He loves it. But it's easier on my hands
> if I use a glove or towel. Gonna go clean the scratches and bites now
> before they infect. Monster cat indeed! Hrumph! Muahahahahahahaha.

Angie gives the occasional playful nip. Doesn't bit down hard at all.

MLB
March 9th 09, 05:13 PM
Stan Brown wrote:
> Tue, 03 Mar 2009 21:08:40 -0500 from jmc
> >:
>> Oh, I dunno. If cats had opposable thumbs, they'd rule the world and
>> we'd be their slaves.
>>
>> Oh, wait. We already are. Silly me :)
>
> When one animal poops and the other animal picks up its poop, which
> is the master and which is the slave? :-)

YOU are its slave! MLB

jmc
March 9th 09, 09:54 PM
Suddenly, without warning, MLB exclaimed (3/9/2009 1:13 PM):
> Stan Brown wrote:
>> Tue, 03 Mar 2009 21:08:40 -0500 from jmc
>> >:
>>> Oh, I dunno. If cats had opposable thumbs, they'd rule the world and
>>> we'd be their slaves.
>>>
>>> Oh, wait. We already are. Silly me :)
>>
>> When one animal poops and the other animal picks up its poop, which is
>> the master and which is the slave? :-)
>>

> YOU are its slave! MLB

Ok, so far this could go for cats, dogs, horses... and pretty much any
other pet we may keep :)

jmc

David Harmon
April 21st 09, 12:42 AM
On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 17:41:08 -0500 in rec.pets.cats.health+behav, Stan
Brown > wrote,
>I was watching /Rain man/ for the first time in many years, and I
>realized: cats are autistic. They are concerned only with what they
>want when they want it (though fortunately that usually includes
>giving and receiving affection), and they have lots of little rituals
>that they follow, especially when nervous.

I never saw Rain Man, but a couple of months ago I attended a
presentation for a volunteer group I am a member of, on how to help
autistic people in a disaster. I noticed the same thing. Very much
like trying to communicate with the cat.