PDA

View Full Version : Happy meal toys

James
March 4th 09, 06:21 PM
Sometimes you get tiny stuffed animals. OK to let the pets play with
them? After all human kits play with them.

March 5th 09, 03:42 PM
On Mar 4, 12:21*pm, James > wrote:
> Sometimes you get tiny stuffed animals. *OK to let the pets play with
> them? *After all human kits play with them.

I see no problem letting your cats play with these. IMO, though I
would check the toy first and remove any possible hazards (dangly
things, loose parts, etc.).

Richard Rudd
March 6th 09, 09:30 AM
Hi

I've been trying to make sense of this thread without success; until I
realised you were NOT talking about "metal" toys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Richard
"James" > wrote in message
> Sometimes you get tiny stuffed animals. OK to let the pets play with
> them? After all human kits play with them.

Magic Mood Jeep
March 6th 09, 01:19 PM
On Mar 4, 12:21 pm, James > wrote:
> Sometimes you get tiny stuffed animals. OK to let the pets play with
> them? After all human kits play with them.

I see no problem letting your cats play with these. IMO, though I
would check the toy first and remove any possible hazards (dangly
things, loose parts, etc.).

I am always leery of these, nowadays, since the majority of these types of
"toys" are made in China, which has, of late, gotten a bad rep due to
tainted pet food, tainted baby formula (or a formula with no nutritional
value whatsoever - 11 babies died in that one), tainted toothpaste and now
lead paint in things......

Last batch of fur mousies I bought that were made in China, I washed
thoroughly before giving to the cats, to be on the safe side.

I also steer away from any pet food and/or treats that say "made in
China", regardless of brand. Our dog loves jerky treats, and there is a
good brand sold at a nearby (independent) pet food store that carries a
fair variety of jerky from a certain manufacture - but on the back they
all say "made in China", so I by-pass them. Who knows what's in them? Is
it really beef? or Turkey? Lamb? Chicken? Duck? Since they like to
pass of dog & cat fur as "raccoon" - I'll not be buying it!

--
>^..^< This is Kitty. Copy and paste Kitty into your signature to help
her
wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY