PDA

View Full Version : Re: cat with dislocated leg

March 6th 09, 03:18 AM
he was an unneutered very feral tomcat which showed up on our doorstep
several years ago and it was only in the last few months that we've even
been able to touch him much less pick him up. we kept him in most of the
winter during the bad days but he's torn our curtains to shreds and taken
out most of the screens. we will be keeping him inside from now on and we
will be taking him back to the vet in two months for another x-ray to see
if the pelvis has healed. if it has, he will be scheduled for a neutering.
his blood tests were all good with no viruses or diseases present.

> From: "cybercat" >
>The most important question is, will you keep your cat inside now? You might
>have avoided this expense not to mention the injury and pain your cat has
>experienced if you had only kept him in.

cybercat
March 6th 09, 05:28 AM
> wrote in message ...
> he was an unneutered very feral tomcat which showed up on our doorstep
> several years ago and it was only in the last few months that we've even
> been able to touch him much less pick him up. we kept him in most of the
> winter during the bad days but he's torn our curtains to shreds and taken
> out most of the screens. we will be keeping him inside from now on and we
> will be taking him back to the vet in two months for another x-ray to see
> if the pelvis has healed. if it has, he will be scheduled for a neutering.
> his blood tests were all good with no viruses or diseases present.

What you do for this cat will come back to you tenfold. It really will.

dgk
March 9th 09, 07:55 PM
On Thu, 5 Mar 2009 23:28:31 -0500, "cybercat" >
wrote:

> wrote in message ...
>> he was an unneutered very feral tomcat which showed up on our doorstep
>> several years ago and it was only in the last few months that we've even
>> been able to touch him much less pick him up. we kept him in most of the
>> winter during the bad days but he's torn our curtains to shreds and taken
>> out most of the screens. we will be keeping him inside from now on and we
>> will be taking him back to the vet in two months for another x-ray to see
>> if the pelvis has healed. if it has, he will be scheduled for a neutering.
>> his blood tests were all good with no viruses or diseases present.
>>

>What you do for this cat will come back to you tenfold. It really will.

Especially if you keep him indoors without having him neutered :-)

I inherited two cats when a roommate left abruptly (jail) and had no
idea that they needed to be fixed. That is, until one started spraying
on some albums. Then I got them fixed. But I put those albums into a
plastic bag to keep them from stinking up the place. It's now around
25 years later and those albums still stay in that plastic bag.

Good deed on your part though.