PDA

View Full Version : MD's & vets.


James
March 12th 09, 04:24 PM
My problem with MD's is they don't take the time to educate you. This
may be due to the fact that they are paid by insurance instead of
weathy patients. They put you through a bunch of cover theiir ass
tests and are lousy in the art of healing. Worst are the ones who
couldn't get a good job and think they're better than working for a
low cost provider.
I also get the feeling that vets are not any better because people
come here with questions after they've been to the vet.

How do you rate your vet?

Matthew[_3_]
March 12th 09, 05:01 PM
"James" > wrote in message
...
> My problem with MD's is they don't take the time to educate you. This
> may be due to the fact that they are paid by insurance instead of
> weathy patients. They put you through a bunch of cover theiir ass
> tests and are lousy in the art of healing. Worst are the ones who
> couldn't get a good job and think they're better than working for a
> low cost provider.
> I also get the feeling that vets are not any better because people
> come here with questions after they've been to the vet.
>
> How do you rate your vet?

<CROSS POSTING REMOVED> stop freaking cross posting to alt.rabbits they have
nothing to do with cats. If you got a comment or question post it there

My vet is a miracle worker. He has saved a few of my cats, stood by me when
a furball had to be euthanized. He is a dear friend that I can never
replace

James most people come here that have not even been to a vet or plan to go
to a vet. That is why some of us get so annoyed.

The majority that do come and ask a valid questions that have seen a vet
either did not ask the right questions; which does go with your post about
education, are learning more about their situation, or are looking for
others that have the same situation.

In this day and age of information it is our own fault for not asking the
right questions. A simple Google gives answer so any person can go into any
situation prepared.

James
March 12th 09, 05:35 PM
On Mar 12, 1:01*pm, "Matthew" >
wrote:

>
> <CROSS POSTING REMOVED> stop freaking cross posting to alt.rabbits they have
> nothing to do with cats. *If you got a comment or question post it there
>

I do it because I have both rabbits and a cat.

Elsewhere
March 12th 09, 06:31 PM
I give him a 9 out of 10.

(but have to confess we once had a thing ;) )

Els

"James" > schreef in bericht
...
> My problem with MD's is they don't take the time to educate you. This
> may be due to the fact that they are paid by insurance instead of
> weathy patients. They put you through a bunch of cover theiir ass
> tests and are lousy in the art of healing. Worst are the ones who
> couldn't get a good job and think they're better than working for a
> low cost provider.
> I also get the feeling that vets are not any better because people
> come here with questions after they've been to the vet.
>
> How do you rate your vet?

Steph
March 12th 09, 06:56 PM
Asking for additional advice doesn't necessarily say anything at all
about a vet's abilities. People want to know the best ways to care for
their pets and talking to others with more experience is one way to do
this. When you're sick don't you assume responiblity for your care and
knowing your options? Not because of a lack of faith in the doctor,
but because just like anyone else, they are not infalliable. This
becomes even more important with an animal like a rabbit, which many
vets are still learning about.

Stephanie


On Mar 12, 9:24*am, James > wrote:
> My problem with MD's is they don't take the time to educate you. *This
> may be due to the fact that they are paid by insurance instead of
> weathy patients. *They put you through a bunch of cover theiir ass
> tests and are lousy in the art of healing. *Worst are the ones who
> couldn't get a good job and think they're better than working for a
> low cost provider.
> I also get the feeling that vets are not any better because people
> come here with questions after they've been to the vet.
>
> How do you rate your vet?

Matthew[_3_]
March 12th 09, 07:17 PM
"James" > wrote in message
...
On Mar 12, 1:01 pm, "Matthew" >
wrote:

>
> <CROSS POSTING REMOVED> stop freaking cross posting to alt.rabbits they
> have
> nothing to do with cats. If you got a comment or question post it there
>

I do it because I have both rabbits and a cat.

But if you talk about a cat what does it have to do with rabbits and vice a
versa

cybercat
March 12th 09, 07:22 PM
"Matthew" > wrote in message
g.com...
>
> "James" > wrote in message
> ...
> On Mar 12, 1:01 pm, "Matthew" >
> wrote:
>
>>
>> <CROSS POSTING REMOVED> stop freaking cross posting to alt.rabbits they
>> have
>> nothing to do with cats. If you got a comment or question post it there
>>
>
> I do it because I have both rabbits and a cat.
>
> But if you talk about a cat what does it have to do with rabbits and vice
> a versa

Isn't this the same dumbass who gets off on calling his cat a "pussy?"

Matthew[_3_]
March 12th 09, 07:51 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
...
>
> "Matthew" > wrote in message
> g.com...
>>
>> "James" > wrote in message
>> ...
>> On Mar 12, 1:01 pm, "Matthew" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>
>>> <CROSS POSTING REMOVED> stop freaking cross posting to alt.rabbits they
>>> have
>>> nothing to do with cats. If you got a comment or question post it there
>>>
>>
>> I do it because I have both rabbits and a cat.
>>
>> But if you talk about a cat what does it have to do with rabbits and
>> vice a versa
>
> Isn't this the same dumbass who gets off on calling his cat a "pussy?"
yes it is