PDA

View Full Version : We had to say goodbye to Boo

cybercat
March 23rd 09, 02:06 PM
It was a tumor that had grown into her jaw bone, and the bone was necrotic.
Again, I am amazed at the way cats can hide pain. She scampered and
frolicked and was her usual self even for part of yesterday. The vet said
that these types of tumors are almost always fatal, and that our only option
would be to take her to the vet school here in Raleigh and have them remove
part of her jaw.

It was very hard to take her and not come home with her. We knew that if we
brought her home it would be for US, not the best thing for her. She could
have lingered and suffered for weeks, maybe months. It was not fast but it
was peaceful.

For those of you who think giving an animal this last precious gift when
they are suffering costs so much you would rather let them linger, it cost
$30. If we thought we could give her anything but a lot more suffering, we
would have spent everything we have to fix this thing. We felt we owed her
more, we felt that our pain at losing her sooner, horrible as it is, was
better than causing her, allowing her to suffer more. We feel that what we
are going through now is a small price to pay for all those years of fun and
laughter and love.

Thanks to all of you for your kind support and prayers. She was the coolest,
most ferociously loving little cat. There is a huge hole in our home and in
our hearts.

March 23rd 09, 02:12 PM
My condolences. She is free from pain now and someday you will see her
again. . .

Rene

barb
March 23rd 09, 02:37 PM
She was so lucky to have you.

Barb

Matthew[_3_]
March 23rd 09, 03:14 PM
Nancy I am so sorry

"cybercat" > wrote in message
> It was a tumor that had grown into her jaw bone, and the bone was
> necrotic. Again, I am amazed at the way cats can hide pain. She scampered
> and frolicked and was her usual self even for part of yesterday. The vet
> said that these types of tumors are almost always fatal, and that our only
> option would be to take her to the vet school here in Raleigh and have
> them remove part of her jaw.
>
> It was very hard to take her and not come home with her. We knew that if
> we brought her home it would be for US, not the best thing for her. She
> could have lingered and suffered for weeks, maybe months. It was not fast
> but it was peaceful.
>
> For those of you who think giving an animal this last precious gift when
> they are suffering costs so much you would rather let them linger, it cost
> $30. If we thought we could give her anything but a lot more suffering, we
> would have spent everything we have to fix this thing. We felt we owed her
> more, we felt that our pain at losing her sooner, horrible as it is, was
> better than causing her, allowing her to suffer more. We feel that what we
> are going through now is a small price to pay for all those years of fun
> and laughter and love.
>
> Thanks to all of you for your kind support and prayers. She was the
> coolest, most ferociously loving little cat. There is a huge hole in our
> home and in our hearts.

jmc
March 23rd 09, 04:00 PM
Suddenly, without warning, cybercat exclaimed (3/23/2009 10:06 AM):
> It was a tumor that had grown into her jaw bone, and the bone was necrotic.
>
> It was very hard to take her and not come home with her. We knew that if we
> brought her home it would be for US, not the best thing for her. She could
> have lingered and suffered for weeks, maybe months. It was not fast but it
> was peaceful.

Oh, cybercat, I'm so sorry. You did the right thing, as hard as it is.

jmc

cshenk
March 23rd 09, 04:30 PM
"cybercat" wrote

> It was very hard to take her and not come home with her. We knew that if
> we brought her home it would be for US, not the best thing for her. She
> could have lingered and suffered for weeks, maybe months. It was not fast
> but it was peaceful.

So sorry to hear that Cyber, but you know you've made the best choice for
Boo.

MLB
March 23rd 09, 05:34 PM
Matthew wrote:
> Nancy I am so sorry
>
> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>> It was a tumor that had grown into her jaw bone, and the bone was
>> necrotic. Again, I am amazed at the way cats can hide pain. She scampered
>> and frolicked and was her usual self even for part of yesterday. The vet
>> said that these types of tumors are almost always fatal, and that our only
>> option would be to take her to the vet school here in Raleigh and have
>> them remove part of her jaw.
>>
>> It was very hard to take her and not come home with her. We knew that if
>> we brought her home it would be for US, not the best thing for her. She
>> could have lingered and suffered for weeks, maybe months. It was not fast
>> but it was peaceful.
>>
>> For those of you who think giving an animal this last precious gift when
>> they are suffering costs so much you would rather let them linger, it cost
>> $30. If we thought we could give her anything but a lot more suffering, we
>> would have spent everything we have to fix this thing. We felt we owed her
>> more, we felt that our pain at losing her sooner, horrible as it is, was
>> better than causing her, allowing her to suffer more. We feel that what we
>> are going through now is a small price to pay for all those years of fun
>> and laughter and love.
>>
>> Thanks to all of you for your kind support and prayers. She was the
>> coolest, most ferociously loving little cat. There is a huge hole in our
>> home and in our hearts.

There is no time that we could set for parting.
We who remain are never ready for such rain.
Even our prayer would be: "Not yet!
Not yet, dear God -- another day with us let our beloved stay."
We must believe, when falls the blow
That wisely, God has willed it so.

"Rise up slowly, Angel". It's hard to let you go. MLB

LauraM[_2_]
March 23rd 09, 07:49 PM
On Mar 23, 7:06*am, "cybercat" > wrote:
> It was a tumor that had grown into her jaw bone, and the bone was necrotic.
> Again, I am amazed at the way cats can hide pain. She scampered and
> frolicked and was her usual self even for part of yesterday. *The vet said
> that these types of tumors are almost always fatal, and that our only option
> would be to take her to the vet school here in Raleigh and have them remove
> part of her jaw.
>
> It was very hard to take her and not come home with her. We knew that if we
> brought her home it would be for US, not the best thing for her. She could
> have lingered and suffered for weeks, maybe months. It was not fast but it
> was peaceful.
>
> For those of you who think giving an animal this last precious gift when
> they are suffering costs so much you would rather let them linger, it cost
> $30. If we thought we could give her anything but a lot more suffering, we
> would have spent everything we have to fix this thing. We felt we owed her
> more, we felt that our pain at losing her sooner, horrible as it is, was
> better than causing her, allowing her to suffer more. We feel that what we
> are going through now is a small price to pay for all those years of fun and
> laughter and love.
>
> Thanks to all of you for your kind support and prayers. She was the coolest,
> most ferociously loving little cat. There is a huge hole in our home and in
> our hearts.

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry to hear that Boo's diagnosis was such a
serious one. You did the right thing by letting Boo go to heaven
where she will wait for you to join her. I wish we humans could treat
each other as we are able to treat our pets at the end of our lives.

My best wishes for you and your family.

MLB
March 23rd 09, 07:59 PM
MLB wrote:
> Matthew wrote:
>> Nancy I am so sorry
>>
>> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>> It was a tumor that had grown into her jaw bone, and the bone was
>>> necrotic. Again, I am amazed at the way cats can hide pain. She
>>> scampered and frolicked and was her usual self even for part of
>>> yesterday. The vet said that these types of tumors are almost always
>>> fatal, and that our only option would be to take her to the vet
>>> school here in Raleigh and have them remove part of her jaw.
>>>
>>> It was very hard to take her and not come home with her. We knew that
>>> if we brought her home it would be for US, not the best thing for
>>> her. She could have lingered and suffered for weeks, maybe months. It
>>> was not fast but it was peaceful.
>>>
>>> For those of you who think giving an animal this last precious gift
>>> when they are suffering costs so much you would rather let them
>>> linger, it cost $30. If we thought we could give her anything but a
>>> lot more suffering, we would have spent everything we have to fix
>>> this thing. We felt we owed her more, we felt that our pain at losing
>>> her sooner, horrible as it is, was better than causing her, allowing
>>> her to suffer more. We feel that what we are going through now is a
>>> small price to pay for all those years of fun and laughter and love.
>>>
>>> Thanks to all of you for your kind support and prayers. She was the
>>> coolest, most ferociously loving little cat. There is a huge hole in
>>> our home and in our hearts.
>>>

> There is no time that we could set for parting.
> We who remain are never ready for such pain.
> Even our prayer would be: "Not yet!
> Not yet, dear God -- another day with us let our beloved stay."
> We must believe, when falls the blow
> That wisely, God has willed it so.
>

> "Rise up slowly, Angel". It's hard to let you go. MLB

Misspelled word. Last word on second line
shold be pain (not rain).

Poe
March 23rd 09, 08:11 PM
cybercat wrote:
> It was a tumor that had grown into her jaw bone, and the bone was necrotic.
> Again, I am amazed at the way cats can hide pain. She scampered and
> frolicked and was her usual self even for part of yesterday. The vet said
> that these types of tumors are almost always fatal, and that our only option
> would be to take her to the vet school here in Raleigh and have them remove
> part of her jaw.
>
> It was very hard to take her and not come home with her. We knew that if we
> brought her home it would be for US, not the best thing for her. She could
> have lingered and suffered for weeks, maybe months. It was not fast but it
> was peaceful.
>
> For those of you who think giving an animal this last precious gift when
> they are suffering costs so much you would rather let them linger, it cost
> $30. If we thought we could give her anything but a lot more suffering, we
> would have spent everything we have to fix this thing. We felt we owed her
> more, we felt that our pain at losing her sooner, horrible as it is, was
> better than causing her, allowing her to suffer more. We feel that what we
> are going through now is a small price to pay for all those years of fun and
> laughter and love.
>
> Thanks to all of you for your kind support and prayers. She was the coolest,
> most ferociously loving little cat. There is a huge hole in our home and in
> our hearts.

It's the hardest part of having a 4-legged family member, but it sounds
like you did the right thing. My thoughts are with you, I know how hard
it is what you're going through now. Hang in there.

Claude V. Lucas
March 23rd 09, 09:03 PM
In article >,
cshenk > wrote:
>"cybercat" wrote
>
>> It was very hard to take her and not come home with her. We knew that if
>> we brought her home it would be for US, not the best thing for her. She
>> could have lingered and suffered for weeks, maybe months. It was not fast
>> but it was peaceful.

Condolences. Saying "go ahead and do it" is one of the toughest
things one will ever have to do.

Cheryl
March 23rd 09, 11:52 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
> It was a tumor that had grown into her jaw bone, and the bone was
> necrotic.

Oh no, I'm so sorry. :(

Gandalf
March 24th 09, 04:38 AM
On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 10:06:12 -0400, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>It was a tumor that had grown into her jaw bone, and the bone was necrotic.
>Again, I am amazed at the way cats can hide pain. She scampered and
>frolicked and was her usual self even for part of yesterday. The vet said
>that these types of tumors are almost always fatal, and that our only option
>would be to take her to the vet school here in Raleigh and have them remove
>part of her jaw.
>
>It was very hard to take her and not come home with her. We knew that if we
>brought her home it would be for US, not the best thing for her. She could
>have lingered and suffered for weeks, maybe months. It was not fast but it
>was peaceful.
>
>For those of you who think giving an animal this last precious gift when
>they are suffering costs so much you would rather let them linger, it cost
>$30. If we thought we could give her anything but a lot more suffering, we
>would have spent everything we have to fix this thing. We felt we owed her
>more, we felt that our pain at losing her sooner, horrible as it is, was
>better than causing her, allowing her to suffer more. We feel that what we
>are going through now is a small price to pay for all those years of fun and
>laughter and love.
>
>Thanks to all of you for your kind support and prayers. She was the coolest,
>most ferociously loving little cat. There is a huge hole in our home and in
>our hearts.

I'm so sorry for your terrible loss.

Obviously, you loved Boo very, very much

Enough to be selfless when it came time for the decision that had to be
made.

I'm glad that Boo is not suffering. I'm sorry for your broken heart.

Gandalf

sudee
March 24th 09, 04:42 AM
On Mar 23, 7:06*am, "cybercat" > wrote:
> It was a tumor that had grown into her jaw bone, and the bone was necrotic.
> Again, I am amazed at the way cats can hide pain. She scampered and
> frolicked and was her usual self even for part of yesterday. *The vet said
> that these types of tumors are almost always fatal, and that our only option
> would be to take her to the vet school here in Raleigh and have them remove
> part of her jaw.
>
> It was very hard to take her and not come home with her. We knew that if we
> brought her home it would be for US, not the best thing for her. She could
> have lingered and suffered for weeks, maybe months. It was not fast but it
> was peaceful.
>
> For those of you who think giving an animal this last precious gift when
> they are suffering costs so much you would rather let them linger, it cost
> $30. If we thought we could give her anything but a lot more suffering, we
> would have spent everything we have to fix this thing. We felt we owed her
> more, we felt that our pain at losing her sooner, horrible as it is, was
> better than causing her, allowing her to suffer more. We feel that what we
> are going through now is a small price to pay for all those years of fun and
> laughter and love.
>
> Thanks to all of you for your kind support and prayers. She was the coolest,
> most ferociously loving little cat. There is a huge hole in our home and in
> our hearts.

I'm so sorry. I have followed your thread as we had a little girl
named Boo that we lost in 2001 that we had had for 13 years. She had
cancer. Saying goodbye was so hard but it was what was best for her as
well. Hugs to you and blessings for a great home for a furry friend.

Sue -- Firefighter mom -- Rabid UW Dawg fan (out of the March Madness
darn).

Noon Cat Nick
March 24th 09, 07:56 AM
cybercat wrote:
> It was a tumor that had grown into her jaw bone, and the bone was necrotic.
> Again, I am amazed at the way cats can hide pain. She scampered and
> frolicked and was her usual self even for part of yesterday. The vet said
> that these types of tumors are almost always fatal, and that our only option
> would be to take her to the vet school here in Raleigh and have them remove
> part of her jaw.
>
> It was very hard to take her and not come home with her. We knew that if we
> brought her home it would be for US, not the best thing for her. She could
> have lingered and suffered for weeks, maybe months. It was not fast but it
> was peaceful.
>
> For those of you who think giving an animal this last precious gift when
> they are suffering costs so much you would rather let them linger, it cost
> $30. If we thought we could give her anything but a lot more suffering, we
> would have spent everything we have to fix this thing. We felt we owed her
> more, we felt that our pain at losing her sooner, horrible as it is, was
> better than causing her, allowing her to suffer more. We feel that what we
> are going through now is a small price to pay for all those years of fun and
> laughter and love.
>
> Thanks to all of you for your kind support and prayers. She was the coolest,
> most ferociously loving little cat. There is a huge hole in our home and in
> our hearts.

Is Heaven all you asked of it,
O little cat? Did Peter fit
A halo for your graceless head?
Is there a quilt for your special bed,
And a bowl of cream just out of reach
Of your thieving paw? Or do They teach
You not to steal in paradise?
Does the flapping of Their wings entice?
Do you scamper and swing on a golden fence,
Or are They teaching you reverence?
And are there really golden thrones
Up there? Or do the Mighty Ones
Have nice fat chairs that you can claw
And tear and snag with an impious paw?
And do the angels understand
That a little cat in a lonely land
Still longs for a kiss and a friendly cuff?

Celestial joys are not enough.
Please, some small saint in shining white,
Hold her close in your arms tonight.

--Bianca Bradbury

May her memory be eternal.

MLB
March 24th 09, 09:50 AM
Noon Cat Nick wrote:
> cybercat wrote:
>> It was a tumor that had grown into her jaw bone, and the bone was
>> necrotic. Again, I am amazed at the way cats can hide pain. She
>> scampered and frolicked and was her usual self even for part of
>> yesterday. The vet said that these types of tumors are almost always
>> fatal, and that our only option would be to take her to the vet school
>> here in Raleigh and have them remove part of her jaw.
>>
>> It was very hard to take her and not come home with her. We knew that
>> if we brought her home it would be for US, not the best thing for her.
>> She could have lingered and suffered for weeks, maybe months. It was
>> not fast but it was peaceful.
>>
>> For those of you who think giving an animal this last precious gift
>> when they are suffering costs so much you would rather let them
>> linger, it cost $30. If we thought we could give her anything but a
>> lot more suffering, we would have spent everything we have to fix this
>> thing. We felt we owed her more, we felt that our pain at losing her
>> sooner, horrible as it is, was better than causing her, allowing her
>> to suffer more. We feel that what we are going through now is a small
>> price to pay for all those years of fun and laughter and love.
>>
>> Thanks to all of you for your kind support and prayers. She was the
>> coolest, most ferociously loving little cat. There is a huge hole in
>> our home and in our hearts.
>>

> Is Heaven all you asked of it,
> O little cat? Did Peter fit
> A halo for your graceless head?
> Is there a quilt for your special bed,
> And a bowl of cream just out of reach
> Of your thieving paw? Or do They teach
> You not to steal in paradise?
> Does the flapping of Their wings entice?
> Do you scamper and swing on a golden fence,
> Or are They teaching you reverence?
> And are there really golden thrones
> Up there? Or do the Mighty Ones
> Have nice fat chairs that you can claw
> And tear and snag with an impious paw?
> And do the angels understand
> That a little cat in a lonely land
> Still longs for a kiss and a friendly cuff?
>
> Celestial joys are not enough.
> Please, some small saint in shining white,
> Hold her close in your arms tonight.
>
> --Bianca Bradbury
>

> May her memory be eternal.

That will be added to my collection. Thanks for posting. MLB

Cazz A
March 24th 09, 11:04 AM
I am so sorry she left you Cyber, go curl up in bed with a pillow and
think of all the good times you shared.
I'm glad you let her go too, I know how hard it can be, this way you
remember all the good times, not her suffering.

Janet
March 25th 09, 03:11 PM
So sorry to hear this, Cybercat. Hugs to you and yours.

March 28th 09, 03:34 AM
On Mar 23, 7:06*am, "cybercat" > wrote:
> It was a tumor that had grown into her jaw bone, and the bone was necrotic.
> Again, I am amazed at the way cats can hide pain. She scampered and
> frolicked and was her usual self even for part of yesterday. *The vet said
> that these types of tumors are almost always fatal, and that our only option
> would be to take her to the vet school here in Raleigh and have them remove
> part of her jaw.
>
> It was very hard to take her and not come home with her. We knew that if we
> brought her home it would be for US, not the best thing for her. She could
> have lingered and suffered for weeks, maybe months. It was not fast but it
> was peaceful.
>
> For those of you who think giving an animal this last precious gift when
> they are suffering costs so much you would rather let them linger, it cost
> $30. If we thought we could give her anything but a lot more suffering, we
> would have spent everything we have to fix this thing. We felt we owed her
> more, we felt that our pain at losing her sooner, horrible as it is, was
> better than causing her, allowing her to suffer more. We feel that what we
> are going through now is a small price to pay for all those years of fun and
> laughter and love.
>
> Thanks to all of you for your kind support and prayers. She was the coolest,
> most ferociously loving little cat. There is a huge hole in our home and in
> our hearts.

Oh, no, I'm so very sorry, CC!!!!!! I just read this post now. Of
course, you absolutely did give her the final gift of many that you
gave her through all those loving years. A kitty who lives with you
is a lucky cat and I know you feel the same about them. I hope your
heart heals as quickly as possible.

Candace

cybercat
March 29th 09, 08:08 PM
> wrote :

>Oh, no, I'm so very sorry, CC!!!!!! I just read this post now. Of
>course, you absolutely did give her the final gift of many that you
>gave her through all those loving years. A kitty who lives with you
>is a lucky cat and I know you feel the same about them. I hope your
>heart heals as quickly as possible.

Thank you, Candace, and thanks to you all who offered support and
condolences. It is very hard, and I know you understand.

Candace

Phil P.
April 16th 09, 09:50 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
> It was a tumor that had grown into her jaw bone, and the bone was
necrotic.
> Again, I am amazed at the way cats can hide pain. She scampered and
> frolicked and was her usual self even for part of yesterday. The vet said
> that these types of tumors are almost always fatal, and that our only
option
> would be to take her to the vet school here in Raleigh and have them
remove
> part of her jaw.
>
> It was very hard to take her and not come home with her. We knew that if
we
> brought her home it would be for US, not the best thing for her. She could
> have lingered and suffered for weeks, maybe months. It was not fast but it
> was peaceful.
>
> For those of you who think giving an animal this last precious gift when
> they are suffering costs so much you would rather let them linger, it cost
> $30. If we thought we could give her anything but a lot more suffering, we
> would have spent everything we have to fix this thing. We felt we owed her
> more, we felt that our pain at losing her sooner, horrible as it is, was
> better than causing her, allowing her to suffer more. We feel that what we
> are going through now is a small price to pay for all those years of fun
and
> laughter and love.
>
> Thanks to all of you for your kind support and prayers. She was the
coolest,
> most ferociously loving little cat. There is a huge hole in our home and
in
> our hearts.

I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to read this until now, but please accept
my belated condolences. I know how much Boo meant to you.

Phil

cybercat
April 16th 09, 02:53 PM
"Phil P." > wrote

> I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to read this until now, but please accept
> my belated condolences. I know how much Boo meant to you.

Oh Phil. I was worried you were not saying anything because you thought I
should have done more, too. Thank you.

Phil P.
April 17th 09, 12:13 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Phil P." > wrote
> >
> > I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to read this until now, but please
accept
> > my belated condolences. I know how much Boo meant to you.
> >

> Oh Phil. I was worried you were not saying anything because you thought I
> should have done more, too. Thank you.

Not at all. . I didn't respond sooner because I just haven't been around.
I've been insanely busy. A few weeks ago we broke the 10,000 mark for our
TNR program including over 1000 for this year already- and kitten season is
just beginning.

I know you would have sold your soul to the devil to save her just as I
would have. You did the right thing. I just wish the "right thing" wouldn't
hurt us so much.

Again, my belated condolences,

Phil

cybercat
April 17th 09, 02:43 AM
"Phil P." > wrote
> Not at all. . I didn't respond sooner because I just haven't been around.
> I've been insanely busy. A few weeks ago we broke the 10,000 mark for our
> TNR program including over 1000 for this year already- and kitten season
> is
> just beginning.
>
> I know you would have sold your soul to the devil to save her just as I
> would have. You did the right thing. I just wish the "right thing"
> wouldn't
> hurt us so much.
>
> Again, my belated condolences,

Thank you. Grief is a strange thing, it can really mess up perspective.
Thanks for all your good work, Phil. If it were not for your advice, we
would have lost Boo years ago.

Phil P.
April 19th 09, 08:58 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Phil P." > wrote
> > Not at all. . I didn't respond sooner because I just haven't been
around.
> > I've been insanely busy. A few weeks ago we broke the 10,000 mark for
our
> > TNR program including over 1000 for this year already- and kitten season
> > is
> > just beginning.
> >
> > I know you would have sold your soul to the devil to save her just as I
> > would have. You did the right thing. I just wish the "right thing"
> > wouldn't
> > hurt us so much.
> >
> > Again, my belated condolences,
> >

> Thank you. Grief is a strange thing, it can really mess up perspective.

It sure can.

> Thanks for all your good work, Phil. If it were not for your advice, we
> would have lost Boo years ago.

I'm glad I could help.

Phil

Lynne
May 3rd 09, 02:17 AM
cybercat wrote:

> It was very hard to take her and not come home with her. We knew that if we
> brought her home it would be for US, not the best thing for her. She could
> have lingered and suffered for weeks, maybe months. It was not fast but it
> was peaceful.

I am so sorry about Boo. You gave her a good life and a let her go when
it was time. She was a very lucky little girl. :*(

cybercat
May 3rd 09, 05:21 AM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
> cybercat wrote:
>
>> It was very hard to take her and not come home with her. We knew that if
>> we brought her home it would be for US, not the best thing for her. She
>> could have lingered and suffered for weeks, maybe months. It was not fast
>> but it was peaceful.
>
> I am so sorry about Boo. You gave her a good life and a let her go when
> it was time. She was a very lucky little girl. :*(

Thank you so much. I am still a wreck. There can be nobody like her.

Lynne
May 3rd 09, 11:49 PM
cybercat wrote:
> "Lynne" > wrote in message
> m...
>> cybercat wrote:
>>
>>> It was very hard to take her and not come home with her. We knew that if
>>> we brought her home it would be for US, not the best thing for her. She
>>> could have lingered and suffered for weeks, maybe months. It was not fast
>>> but it was peaceful.
>> I am so sorry about Boo. You gave her a good life and a let her go when
>> it was time. She was a very lucky little girl. :*(
>
> Thank you so much. I am still a wreck. There can be nobody like her.

I know how much you loved her. I wish words weren't so inadequate
sometimes and that I could say just the right thing. Of course there is
no right thing... Ah, ****, the little devils wrap their little paws
all around our hearts and make it impossible for life to ever be as good
again without them. I'm so sorry, Nancy.

cybercat
May 4th 09, 05:10 AM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
> cybercat wrote:
>> "Lynne" > wrote in message
>> m...

>>> I am so sorry about Boo. You gave her a good life and a let her go when
>>> it was time. She was a very lucky little girl. :*(
>>
>> Thank you so much. I am still a wreck. There can be nobody like her.
>

> I know how much you loved her. I wish words weren't so inadequate
> sometimes and that I could say just the right thing. Of course there is
> no right thing... Ah, ****, the little devils wrap their little paws all
> around our hearts and make it impossible for life to ever be as good again
> without them. I'm so sorry, Nancy.

Thanks, honey. That's just the right thing to say, nothing better. The best
comfort is someone who understands.

cindys
May 5th 09, 12:35 AM
On Mar 23, 10:06*am, "cybercat" > wrote:
> It was a tumor that had grown into her jaw bone, and the bone was necrotic.
> Again, I am amazed at the way cats can hide pain. She scampered and
> frolicked and was her usual self even for part of yesterday. *The vet said
> that these types of tumors are almost always fatal, and that our only option
> would be to take her to the vet school here in Raleigh and have them remove
> part of her jaw.
>
> It was very hard to take her and not come home with her. We knew that if we
> brought her home it would be for US, not the best thing for her. She could
> have lingered and suffered for weeks, maybe months. It was not fast but it
> was peaceful.
>
> For those of you who think giving an animal this last precious gift when
> they are suffering costs so much you would rather let them linger, it cost
> $30. If we thought we could give her anything but a lot more suffering, we
> would have spent everything we have to fix this thing. We felt we owed her
> more, we felt that our pain at losing her sooner, horrible as it is, was
> better than causing her, allowing her to suffer more. We feel that what we
> are going through now is a small price to pay for all those years of fun and
> laughter and love.
>
> Thanks to all of you for your kind support and prayers. She was the coolest,
> most ferociously loving little cat. There is a huge hole in our home and in
> our hearts.
--------------------
I'm so sorry. We've all been there and multiple times, and we all know
it's going to happen eventually, but it never gets any easier, does
it? The only consolation I have found is knowing that I did everything
humanly for my cats (as you did for little Boo) and treated them like
gold (as you did for little Boo). When my father died, a wise woman
told me that the reason I was so sad was not because I loved my father
so much but because he loved me. I wish you peace.
Hugs and purrs.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

cybercat
May 7th 09, 06:56 PM
"cindys" > wrote in message
On Mar 23, 10:06 am, "cybercat" > wrote:

>I'm so sorry. We've all been there and multiple times, and we all know
>it's going to happen eventually, but it never gets any easier, does
>it?

No, Cindy, it really doesn't. I think this time is harder because my husband
was even more attached to her, he was really HER human, she followed his
every move. Watching his pain and not being able to do much about it adds to
the whole ordeal.

>The only consolation I have found is knowing that I did everything
>humanly for my cats (as you did for little Boo) and treated them like
>gold (as you did for little Boo).

Thank you for saying this. We sure remember every little transgression when
they are gone, don't we? The times we scolded, did we really have to, etc.

>When my father died, a wise woman
>told me that the reason I was so sad was not because I loved my father
>so much but because he loved me.

This is really true, and something that never occurred to me! And with our
animals the love is so unconditional, something few humans usually provide.
It is no wonder it is very hard to lose them. Thanks so much for taking the
time to write.