PDA

View Full Version : Fisticuffs

Christina Websell
November 14th 04, 09:48 PM
Every Sunday I go out for a few hours to have a meal with my family. I
leave the back door open and the kitchen fire on so the two cats can come
and go as they please.

Kitty is beating up Boyfriend tonight. She keeps running after him, and
cuffing him. He tried to hide, but she found him and gave him another slap.
He peeped from behind the footstool to see if she was waiting for him on the
other side - she was. He jumped up on my lap, off my shoulder and hid
behind my chair. She found him and slapped him again. At one point they
were in the kitchen yowling and growling at each other. Well, I don't know
what that's about. Any ideas?

Kitty seems to be the instigator of the violence. Could be jealousy I
suppose. She lived in the garden for 7 years, and this home was hard-won
for her. Maybe she doesn't want to share. She's so grumpy! Don't groom
me, don't clip my claws. Stroke me only when I want it, or you will bleed.
In fact, just let me do exactly what I want and we won't fall out...
She is one tough Kitty FC.. Kitty Fierce Character today.
At the moment, a truce. Kitty is on the sofa, here in the room with me,
cuddled up on a cushion, and poor Boyfriend is banished to the kitchen. He
banished himself. Wise cat.

Tweed
http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/Tweed/

Karen Chuplis
November 15th 04, 01:12 AM
in article , Christina Websell at
wrote on 11/14/04 2:48 PM:

> Every Sunday I go out for a few hours to have a meal with my family. I
> leave the back door open and the kitchen fire on so the two cats can come
> and go as they please.
>
> Kitty is beating up Boyfriend tonight. She keeps running after him, and
> cuffing him. He tried to hide, but she found him and gave him another slap.
> He peeped from behind the footstool to see if she was waiting for him on the
> other side - she was. He jumped up on my lap, off my shoulder and hid
> behind my chair. She found him and slapped him again. At one point they
> were in the kitchen yowling and growling at each other. Well, I don't know
> what that's about. Any ideas?
>
> Kitty seems to be the instigator of the violence. Could be jealousy I
> suppose. She lived in the garden for 7 years, and this home was hard-won
> for her. Maybe she doesn't want to share. She's so grumpy! Don't groom
> me, don't clip my claws. Stroke me only when I want it, or you will bleed.
> In fact, just let me do exactly what I want and we won't fall out...
> She is one tough Kitty FC.. Kitty Fierce Character today.
> At the moment, a truce. Kitty is on the sofa, here in the room with me,
> cuddled up on a cushion, and poor Boyfriend is banished to the kitchen. He
> banished himself. Wise cat.
>
> Tweed
> http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/Tweed/

I wonder if that New Kitty in the neighborhood is making her do this.
Sometimes when new cat shows up, a cat will express its displeasure on a
companion cat with displaced agression. Poor Boyfriend. You could pick up
some Feliway spray and see if spritzing it around the house, especially the
doorways would calm her down.

wrote on 11/14/04 2:48 PM:

> Every Sunday I go out for a few hours to have a meal with my family. I
> leave the back door open and the kitchen fire on so the two cats can come
> and go as they please.
>
> Kitty is beating up Boyfriend tonight. She keeps running after him, and
> cuffing him. He tried to hide, but she found him and gave him another slap.
> He peeped from behind the footstool to see if she was waiting for him on the
> other side - she was. He jumped up on my lap, off my shoulder and hid
> behind my chair. She found him and slapped him again. At one point they
> were in the kitchen yowling and growling at each other. Well, I don't know
> what that's about. Any ideas?
>
> Kitty seems to be the instigator of the violence. Could be jealousy I
> suppose. She lived in the garden for 7 years, and this home was hard-won
> for her. Maybe she doesn't want to share. She's so grumpy! Don't groom
> me, don't clip my claws. Stroke me only when I want it, or you will bleed.
> In fact, just let me do exactly what I want and we won't fall out...
> She is one tough Kitty FC.. Kitty Fierce Character today.
> At the moment, a truce. Kitty is on the sofa, here in the room with me,
> cuddled up on a cushion, and poor Boyfriend is banished to the kitchen. He
> banished himself. Wise cat.
>
> Tweed
> http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/Tweed/

I wonder if that New Kitty in the neighborhood is making her do this.
Sometimes when new cat shows up, a cat will express its displeasure on a
companion cat with displaced agression. Poor Boyfriend. You could pick up
some Feliway spray and see if spritzing it around the house, especially the
doorways would calm her down.

Christina Websell
November 15th 04, 02:07 AM
"Karen Chuplis" > wrote in message
> in article , Christina Websell at
> wrote on 11/14/04 2:48 PM:
>
>> Every Sunday I go out for a few hours to have a meal with my family. I
>> leave the back door open and the kitchen fire on so the two cats can come
>> and go as they please.
>>
>> Kitty is beating up Boyfriend tonight. She keeps running after him, and
>> cuffing him. He tried to hide, but she found him and gave him another
>> slap.
>> He peeped from behind the footstool to see if she was waiting for him on
>> the
>> other side - she was. He jumped up on my lap, off my shoulder and hid
>> behind my chair. She found him and slapped him again. At one point they
>> were in the kitchen yowling and growling at each other. Well, I don't
>> know
>> what that's about. Any ideas?
>>
>> Kitty seems to be the instigator of the violence. Could be jealousy I
>> suppose. She lived in the garden for 7 years, and this home was hard-won
>> for her. Maybe she doesn't want to share. She's so grumpy! Don't groom
>> me, don't clip my claws. Stroke me only when I want it, or you will
>> bleed.
>> In fact, just let me do exactly what I want and we won't fall out...
>> She is one tough Kitty FC.. Kitty Fierce Character today.
>> At the moment, a truce. Kitty is on the sofa, here in the room with me,
>> cuddled up on a cushion, and poor Boyfriend is banished to the kitchen.
>> He
>> banished himself. Wise cat.
>>
>> Tweed
>> http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/Tweed/
>>

> I wonder if that New Kitty in the neighborhood is making her do this.
> Sometimes when new cat shows up, a cat will express its displeasure on a
> companion cat with displaced agression. Poor Boyfriend. You could pick up
> some Feliway spray and see if spritzing it around the house, especially
> the
> doorways would calm her down.

I don't think we can get Feliway in England. I never heard of it before
except on this group. The situation seems to have calmed down. Boyfriend
is now sleeping on the sort-of-sheepskin in front of the kitchen fire, Kitty
is on the rug, also asleep within a few feet of him.
Let's hope they've made up. Kitty is just so grumpy! Very old girl. I
guess I have to excuse her. Such a shame BF has to suffer from her temper.
He is such a nice cat. He is mild and gentle and a bit shy. Kitty gets
cross with him sometimes, no apparent reason. Sometimes she is so horrible
to him that he's scared to come into the house for his food. I told her off
on many occasions for this.

She is *so* tiny. Not even half his size, Poor BF (twice her size and
more) is scared of her. Whatever she says, he does.
She's a bad, fierce kitty. I'm not sure that finding the new kitty in her
garden made a difference. It's possible, of course. She would certainly
have seen him/her in her garden
I'm not sure that's an excuse to beat Boyfriend up. He had nothing to do
with it.
He could not understand why she did it. "Why are you attacking me when
I've done nothing bad?"
Poor BF. He'll need to learn that Kitty FC has a nasty temper, she doesn't
need an excuse.
It's such a shame. He is just so gentle and kind, and she is a terrorist.

> [...]

to him that he's scared to come into the house for his food. I told her off
on many occasions for this.

She is *so* tiny. Not even half his size, Poor BF (twice her size and
more) is scared of her. Whatever she says, he does.
She's a bad, fierce kitty. I'm not sure that finding the new kitty in her
garden made a difference. It's possible, of course. She would certainly
have seen him/her in her garden
I'm not sure that's an excuse to beat Boyfriend up. He had nothing to do
with it.
He could not understand why she did it. "Why are you attacking me when
I've done nothing bad?"
Poor BF. He'll need to learn that Kitty FC has a nasty temper, she doesn't
need an excuse.
It's such a shame. He is just so gentle and kind, and she is a terrorist.

Marina
November 15th 04, 06:12 AM
Christina Websell wrote:

> I don't think we can get Feliway in England. I never heard of it before
> except on this group. The situation seems to have calmed down. Boyfriend
> is now sleeping on the sort-of-sheepskin in front of the kitchen fire, Kitty
> is on the rug, also asleep within a few feet of him.
> Let's hope they've made up. Kitty is just so grumpy! Very old girl. I
> guess I have to excuse her. Such a shame BF has to suffer from her temper.
> He is such a nice cat. He is mild and gentle and a bit shy. Kitty gets
> cross with him sometimes, no apparent reason. Sometimes she is so horrible
> to him that he's scared to come into the house for his food. I told her off
> on many occasions for this.
>
> She is *so* tiny. Not even half his size, Poor BF (twice her size and
> more) is scared of her. Whatever she says, he does.
> She's a bad, fierce kitty. I'm not sure that finding the new kitty in her
> garden made a difference. It's possible, of course. She would certainly
> have seen him/her in her garden
> I'm not sure that's an excuse to beat Boyfriend up. He had nothing to do
> with it.
> He could not understand why she did it. "Why are you attacking me when
> I've done nothing bad?"
> Poor BF. He'll need to learn that Kitty FC has a nasty temper, she doesn't
> need an excuse.
> It's such a shame. He is just so gentle and kind, and she is a terrorist.

Poor Boyfriend. That's just what these tiny b/w girlcats are like. Nikki
terrorises my niece's cat, Kevin, who is more than twice her size, and
he is terrified of her. Happily, she doesn't terrorise Frank, on the
contrary, she looks up to him as her protector and surrogate mummy.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Marina
November 15th 04, 06:12 AM
Christina Websell wrote:

> I don't think we can get Feliway in England. I never heard of it before
> except on this group. The situation seems to have calmed down. Boyfriend
> is now sleeping on the sort-of-sheepskin in front of the kitchen fire, Kitty
> is on the rug, also asleep within a few feet of him.
> Let's hope they've made up. Kitty is just so grumpy! Very old girl. I
> guess I have to excuse her. Such a shame BF has to suffer from her temper.
> He is such a nice cat. He is mild and gentle and a bit shy. Kitty gets
> cross with him sometimes, no apparent reason. Sometimes she is so horrible
> to him that he's scared to come into the house for his food. I told her off
> on many occasions for this.
>
> She is *so* tiny. Not even half his size, Poor BF (twice her size and
> more) is scared of her. Whatever she says, he does.
> She's a bad, fierce kitty. I'm not sure that finding the new kitty in her
> garden made a difference. It's possible, of course. She would certainly
> have seen him/her in her garden
> I'm not sure that's an excuse to beat Boyfriend up. He had nothing to do
> with it.
> He could not understand why she did it. "Why are you attacking me when
> I've done nothing bad?"
> Poor BF. He'll need to learn that Kitty FC has a nasty temper, she doesn't
> need an excuse.
> It's such a shame. He is just so gentle and kind, and she is a terrorist.

Poor Boyfriend. That's just what these tiny b/w girlcats are like. Nikki
terrorises my niece's cat, Kevin, who is more than twice her size, and
he is terrified of her. Happily, she doesn't terrorise Frank, on the
contrary, she looks up to him as her protector and surrogate mummy.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Denise VanDyke
November 15th 04, 09:00 PM
Christina Websell wrote:
> "Karen Chuplis" > wrote in message
>
>>I wonder if that New Kitty in the neighborhood is making her do this.
>>Sometimes when new cat shows up, a cat will express its displeasure on a
>>companion cat with displaced agression. Poor Boyfriend. You could pick up
>>some Feliway spray and see if spritzing it around the house, especially
>>the
>>doorways would calm her down.
>>
> I don't think we can get Feliway in England. I never heard of it before
> except on this group. The situation seems to have calmed down. Boyfriend
> is now sleeping on the sort-of-sheepskin in front of the kitchen fire, Kitty
> is on the rug, also asleep within a few feet of him.
> Let's hope they've made up. Kitty is just so grumpy! Very old girl. I
> guess I have to excuse her. Such a shame BF has to suffer from her temper.
> He is such a nice cat. He is mild and gentle and a bit shy. Kitty gets
> cross with him sometimes, no apparent reason. Sometimes she is so horrible
> to him that he's scared to come into the house for his food. I told her off
> on many occasions for this.
>
> She is *so* tiny. Not even half his size, Poor BF (twice her size and
> more) is scared of her. Whatever she says, he does.
> She's a bad, fierce kitty. I'm not sure that finding the new kitty in her
> garden made a difference. It's possible, of course. She would certainly
> have seen him/her in her garden
> I'm not sure that's an excuse to beat Boyfriend up. He had nothing to do
> with it.
> He could not understand why she did it. "Why are you attacking me when
> I've done nothing bad?"
> Poor BF. He'll need to learn that Kitty FC has a nasty temper, she doesn't
> need an excuse.
> It's such a shame. He is just so gentle and kind, and she is a terrorist.
>
> Tweed

For those in the UK who are interested in Feliway, I did a quick google
search. You can get information about the products in this line at
www.feliway.uk.com. It looks like there are a lot of online stores that
sell Feliway there, and I imagine that if there are chain stores like
PetSmart and PetCo over there, they might carry it. A smaller pet
supply store might be able to order it for you.

- Denise

Denise VanDyke
November 15th 04, 09:00 PM
Christina Websell wrote:
> "Karen Chuplis" > wrote in message
>
>>I wonder if that New Kitty in the neighborhood is making her do this.
>>Sometimes when new cat shows up, a cat will express its displeasure on a
>>companion cat with displaced agression. Poor Boyfriend. You could pick up
>>some Feliway spray and see if spritzing it around the house, especially
>>the
>>doorways would calm her down.
>>
> I don't think we can get Feliway in England. I never heard of it before
> except on this group. The situation seems to have calmed down. Boyfriend
> is now sleeping on the sort-of-sheepskin in front of the kitchen fire, Kitty
> is on the rug, also asleep within a few feet of him.
> Let's hope they've made up. Kitty is just so grumpy! Very old girl. I
> guess I have to excuse her. Such a shame BF has to suffer from her temper.
> He is such a nice cat. He is mild and gentle and a bit shy. Kitty gets
> cross with him sometimes, no apparent reason. Sometimes she is so horrible
> to him that he's scared to come into the house for his food. I told her off
> on many occasions for this.
>
> She is *so* tiny. Not even half his size, Poor BF (twice her size and
> more) is scared of her. Whatever she says, he does.
> She's a bad, fierce kitty. I'm not sure that finding the new kitty in her
> garden made a difference. It's possible, of course. She would certainly
> have seen him/her in her garden
> I'm not sure that's an excuse to beat Boyfriend up. He had nothing to do
> with it.
> He could not understand why she did it. "Why are you attacking me when
> I've done nothing bad?"
> Poor BF. He'll need to learn that Kitty FC has a nasty temper, she doesn't
> need an excuse.
> It's such a shame. He is just so gentle and kind, and she is a terrorist.
>
> Tweed

For those in the UK who are interested in Feliway, I did a quick google
search. You can get information about the products in this line at
www.feliway.uk.com. It looks like there are a lot of online stores that
sell Feliway there, and I imagine that if there are chain stores like
PetSmart and PetCo over there, they might carry it. A smaller pet
supply store might be able to order it for you.

- Denise

Jo Firey
November 15th 04, 10:29 PM
"Christina Websell" > wrote in message >
> I don't think we can get Feliway in England. I never heard of it before
> except on this group. The situation seems to have calmed down. Boyfriend
> is now sleeping on the sort-of-sheepskin in front of the kitchen fire,
> Kitty is on the rug, also asleep within a few feet of him.
> Let's hope they've made up. Kitty is just so grumpy! Very old girl. I
> guess I have to excuse her. Such a shame BF has to suffer from her
> temper. He is such a nice cat. He is mild and gentle and a bit shy. Kitty
> gets cross with him sometimes, no apparent reason. Sometimes she is so
> horrible to him that he's scared to come into the house for his food. I
> told her off on many occasions for this.
>
> She is *so* tiny. Not even half his size, Poor BF (twice her size and
> more) is scared of her. Whatever she says, he does.
> She's a bad, fierce kitty. I'm not sure that finding the new kitty in her
> garden made a difference. It's possible, of course. She would certainly
> have seen him/her in her garden
> I'm not sure that's an excuse to beat Boyfriend up. He had nothing to do
> with it.
> He could not understand why she did it. "Why are you attacking me when
> I've done nothing bad?"
> Poor BF. He'll need to learn that Kitty FC has a nasty temper, she doesn't
> need an excuse.
> It's such a shame. He is just so gentle and kind, and she is a terrorist.
>
> Tweed

You know this kind of behavior is pretty common in the animal kingdom. Or
among humans for that matter. Boyfriend is just henpecked. And probably
not as unhappy with the situation as you might think.

Still smile when I remember the pair of parakeets we used to have. Misty
and Star. Misty would do anything to try to keep Star happy. He fed her
and groomed her and talked to her. And usually got his feathers yanked out
for his trouble.

Jo

Jo Firey
November 15th 04, 10:29 PM
"Christina Websell" > wrote in message >
> I don't think we can get Feliway in England. I never heard of it before
> except on this group. The situation seems to have calmed down. Boyfriend
> is now sleeping on the sort-of-sheepskin in front of the kitchen fire,
> Kitty is on the rug, also asleep within a few feet of him.
> Let's hope they've made up. Kitty is just so grumpy! Very old girl. I
> guess I have to excuse her. Such a shame BF has to suffer from her
> temper. He is such a nice cat. He is mild and gentle and a bit shy. Kitty
> gets cross with him sometimes, no apparent reason. Sometimes she is so
> horrible to him that he's scared to come into the house for his food. I
> told her off on many occasions for this.
>
> She is *so* tiny. Not even half his size, Poor BF (twice her size and
> more) is scared of her. Whatever she says, he does.
> She's a bad, fierce kitty. I'm not sure that finding the new kitty in her
> garden made a difference. It's possible, of course. She would certainly
> have seen him/her in her garden
> I'm not sure that's an excuse to beat Boyfriend up. He had nothing to do
> with it.
> He could not understand why she did it. "Why are you attacking me when
> I've done nothing bad?"
> Poor BF. He'll need to learn that Kitty FC has a nasty temper, she doesn't
> need an excuse.
> It's such a shame. He is just so gentle and kind, and she is a terrorist.
>
> Tweed

You know this kind of behavior is pretty common in the animal kingdom. Or
among humans for that matter. Boyfriend is just henpecked. And probably
not as unhappy with the situation as you might think.

Still smile when I remember the pair of parakeets we used to have. Misty
and Star. Misty would do anything to try to keep Star happy. He fed her
and groomed her and talked to her. And usually got his feathers yanked out
for his trouble.

Jo

Adrian
November 16th 04, 01:14 PM
Christina Websell wrote:
> [...]
> reason. Sometimes she is so horrible to him that he's scared to come
> into the house for his food. I told her off on many occasions for
> this.
>
> She is *so* tiny. Not even half his size, Poor BF (twice her size
> and more) is scared of her. Whatever she says, he does.
> She's a bad, fierce kitty. I'm not sure that finding the new kitty
> in her garden made a difference. It's possible, of course. She
> would certainly have seen him/her in her garden
> I'm not sure that's an excuse to beat Boyfriend up. He had nothing
> to do with it.
> He could not understand why she did it. "Why are you attacking me
> when I've done nothing bad?"
> Poor BF. He'll need to learn that Kitty FC has a nasty temper, she
> doesn't need an excuse.
> It's such a shame. He is just so gentle and kind, and she is a

Feliway is available from vets in England. For more information contact:

CEVA Animal Health Ltd.
90 The Broadway,
CHESHAM,
Bucks.
HP5 1EG

Tel: 01494 781510

www.feliway.uk.com

I hope this is usefull, I been thinking of getting a refill for the
diffuser I have, as Snoopy behaves the same way towards Baggy at times.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Adrian
November 16th 04, 01:14 PM
Christina Websell wrote:
> [...]
> to do with it.
> He could not understand why she did it. "Why are you attacking me
> when I've done nothing bad?"
> Poor BF. He'll need to learn that Kitty FC has a nasty temper, she
> doesn't need an excuse.
> It's such a shame. He is just so gentle and kind, and she is a
> terrorist.
>
> Tweed

Feliway is available from vets in England. For more information contact:

CEVA Animal Health Ltd.
90 The Broadway,
CHESHAM,
Bucks.
HP5 1EG

Tel: 01494 781510

www.feliway.uk.com

I hope this is usefull, I been thinking of getting a refill for the
diffuser I have, as Snoopy behaves the same way towards Baggy at times.

November 16th 04, 10:45 PM
"Adrian" > wrote in message
> Christina Websell wrote:
>> "Karen Chuplis" > wrote in message
>>> in article , Christina Websell at

>>> I wonder if that New Kitty in the neighborhood is making her do this.
>>> Sometimes when new cat shows up, a cat will express its displeasure
>>> on a companion cat with displaced agression. Poor Boyfriend. You
>>> could pick up some Feliway spray and see if spritzing it around the
>>> house, especially the
>>> doorways would calm her down.
>>>

>> I don't think we can get Feliway in England. I never heard of it
>> before except on this group. The situation seems to have calmed
>> down. Boyfriend is now sleeping on the sort-of-sheepskin in front of
>> the kitchen fire, Kitty is on the rug, also asleep within a few feet
>> of him. Let's hope they've made up. Kitty is just so grumpy! Very
>> old girl. I guess I have to excuse her. Such a shame BF has to
>> suffer from her temper. He is such a nice cat. He is mild and gentle
>> and a bit shy. Kitty gets cross with him sometimes, no apparent
>> reason. Sometimes she is so horrible to him that he's scared to come
>> into the house for his food. I told her off on many occasions for
>> this.
>>
>> She is *so* tiny. Not even half his size, Poor BF (twice her size
>> and more) is scared of her. Whatever she says, he does.
>> She's a bad, fierce kitty. I'm not sure that finding the new kitty
>> in her garden made a difference. It's possible, of course. She
>> would certainly have seen him/her in her garden
>> I'm not sure that's an excuse to beat Boyfriend up. He had nothing
>> to do with it.
>> He could not understand why she did it. "Why are you attacking me
>> when I've done nothing bad?"
>> Poor BF. He'll need to learn that Kitty FC has a nasty temper, she
>> doesn't need an excuse.
>> It's such a shame. He is just so gentle and kind, and she is a
>> terrorist.
>>
>> Tweed
>
> Feliway is available from vets in England. For more information contact:
>
> CEVA Animal Health Ltd.
> 90 The Broadway,
> CHESHAM,
> Bucks.
> HP5 1EG
>
> Tel: 01494 781510
>
> www.feliway.uk.com
>
> I hope this is usefull, I been thinking of getting a refill for the
> diffuser I have, as Snoopy behaves the same way towards Baggy at times.
> --
> Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
> A house is not a home, without a cat.

Thank you, I looked at the link someone else kindly sent too. There is no
big pet store around here, so I'll give them a phone call or an email. I
doubt they'd want to sell me just one spray or diffuser, but they might
point me in the direction of the nearest outlet to me.
Kitty doesn't beat BF on a regular basis, but often enough to concern me. I
don't think he likes it. Now and again he will turn and bat her back, but
not often, he's too nice.

There is no reason at all why they should fall out, there is plenty of room
for both of them. At the moment, Kitty is meatloafing on my chair in the
lounge, and BF is asleep - a little bit upside downy head! melt - in
front of the kitchen fire.

Spoke too soon. Kitty has got up and gone into the kitchen to check out
what BF is doing. She has sat on the mat very close to him (the cat sat on
the mat!!) and is glaring at him. Fortunately he is so fast asleep he hasn't
noticed. I have known her to box his ears to wake him up in this
situation. Keep your fingers crossed for a peaceful night.

Tweed

Christina Websell
November 16th 04, 10:45 PM
"Adrian" > wrote in message
> [...]
point me in the direction of the nearest outlet to me.
Kitty doesn't beat BF on a regular basis, but often enough to concern me. I
don't think he likes it. Now and again he will turn and bat her back, but
not often, he's too nice.

There is no reason at all why they should fall out, there is plenty of room
for both of them. At the moment, Kitty is meatloafing on my chair in the
lounge, and BF is asleep - a little bit upside downy head! melt - in
front of the kitchen fire.

Spoke too soon. Kitty has got up and gone into the kitchen to check out
what BF is doing. She has sat on the mat very close to him (the cat sat on
the mat!!) and is glaring at him. Fortunately he is so fast asleep he hasn't
noticed. I have known her to box his ears to wake him up in this
situation. Keep your fingers crossed for a peaceful night.

November 17th 04, 04:31 AM
Christina Websell wrote:

> Thank you, I looked at the link someone else kindly sent too. There is no
> big pet store around here, so I'll give them a phone call or an email. I
> doubt they'd want to sell me just one spray or diffuser, but they might
> point me in the direction of the nearest outlet to me.

I bought mine from my vet's office. They carry some meds and special
food. You might ask if your vet has Feliway.

> Spoke too soon. Kitty has got up and gone into the kitchen to check out
> what BF is doing. She has sat on the mat very close to him (the cat sat on
> the mat!!) and is glaring at him. Fortunately he is so fast asleep he hasn't
> noticed. I have known her to box his ears to wake him up in this
> situation. Keep your fingers crossed for a peaceful night.

I hope the worst didn't happen. Wouldn't it be lovely if she had just
curled up next to him?

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Marina
November 17th 04, 04:31 AM
Christina Websell wrote:

> Thank you, I looked at the link someone else kindly sent too. There is no
> big pet store around here, so I'll give them a phone call or an email. I
> doubt they'd want to sell me just one spray or diffuser, but they might
> point me in the direction of the nearest outlet to me.

I bought mine from my vet's office. They carry some meds and special
food. You might ask if your vet has Feliway.

> Spoke too soon. Kitty has got up and gone into the kitchen to check out
> what BF is doing. She has sat on the mat very close to him (the cat sat on
> the mat!!) and is glaring at him. Fortunately he is so fast asleep he hasn't
> noticed. I have known her to box his ears to wake him up in this
> situation. Keep your fingers crossed for a peaceful night.

I hope the worst didn't happen. Wouldn't it be lovely if she had just
curled up next to him?

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Adrian
November 18th 04, 12:40 PM
Christina Websell wrote:
> Thank you, I looked at the link someone else kindly sent too. There
> is no big pet store around here, so I'll give them a phone call or an
> email. I doubt they'd want to sell me just one spray or diffuser,
> but they might point me in the direction of the nearest outlet to me.
> Kitty doesn't beat BF on a regular basis, but often enough to concern
> me. I don't think he likes it. Now and again he will turn and bat
> her back, but not often, he's too nice.
>
> There is no reason at all why they should fall out, there is plenty
> of room for both of them. At the moment, Kitty is meatloafing on my
> chair in the lounge, and BF is asleep - a little bit upside downy
> head! melt - in front of the kitchen fire.
>
> Spoke too soon. Kitty has got up and gone into the kitchen to check
> out what BF is doing. She has sat on the mat very close to him (the
> cat sat on the mat!!) and is glaring at him. Fortunately he is so
> fast asleep he hasn't noticed. I have known her to box his ears to
> wake him up in this situation. Keep your fingers crossed for a
> peaceful night.
>
> Tweed

The Fedliway diffuser I have was ordered from the vet, it cost me £18.72
in April 2002, the refills obviously should be less.