PDA

View Full Version : Overgrooming & Megacolon

LauraM[_2_]
April 3rd 09, 05:22 AM
I've noticed over the last couple months that Hobbes overgrooms when
his bowels are bothering him. He's a megacolon kitty who receives
miralax 2x/day and cisapride 1x/day. He also gets a prednisone pill
1x every other day. I can't remember the dosage, though, because I'm
away from home at the moment.

The overgrooming and scratching is just unbelievable. It's almost
nonstop. There are times when he doesn't do this, but it seems to go
in waves.

Does anybody have any experience with this? I hate to see him do this
because he doesn't look comfortable. I can see the difference in him
when he's not overgrooming. He looks way more relaxed.

cybercat
April 3rd 09, 05:44 AM
"LauraM" > wrote in message
> I've noticed over the last couple months that Hobbes overgrooms when
> his bowels are bothering him. He's a megacolon kitty who receives
> miralax 2x/day and cisapride 1x/day. He also gets a prednisone pill
> 1x every other day. I can't remember the dosage, though, because I'm
> away from home at the moment.
>
> The overgrooming and scratching is just unbelievable. It's almost
> nonstop. There are times when he doesn't do this, but it seems to go
> in waves.
>
> Does anybody have any experience with this? I hate to see him do this
> because he doesn't look comfortable. I can see the difference in him
> when he's not overgrooming. He looks way more relaxed.

Is he grooming his belly? Otherwise I don't understand.