PDA

View Full Version : Brushing


cybercat
April 13th 09, 04:39 PM
Gracie has discovered the joys of the hairbrush, and has wrapped her
borderline OCD around it. Every time I make a move she is up on the big bed
waiting to be brushed. (I have to pass the master bedroom on the way out of
my office.) It is actually one of my old round brushes, with smooth plastic
bristles. She blooms when she is brushed, rolls all around, lips toys or
whatever she can reach, and purrs up a storm. Since she has lost her
anxiety, her belly, which was naked pink when we brought her home, has a
full pelt of thick, creamy colored, spotted fur. Mid brushing she throughs
back a long leg and makes google eyes at me, clearly thinking "rub my
tummy!"

Those of you with bored or skittish cats might try this. :) I have no
trouble at all getting her to come to me now.

MLB
April 13th 09, 05:55 PM
cybercat wrote:
> Gracie has discovered the joys of the hairbrush, and has wrapped her
> borderline OCD around it. Every time I make a move she is up on the big bed
> waiting to be brushed. (I have to pass the master bedroom on the way out of
> my office.) It is actually one of my old round brushes, with smooth plastic
> bristles. She blooms when she is brushed, rolls all around, lips toys or
> whatever she can reach, and purrs up a storm. Since she has lost her
> anxiety, her belly, which was naked pink when we brought her home, has a
> full pelt of thick, creamy colored, spotted fur. Mid brushing she throughs
> back a long leg and makes google eyes at me, clearly thinking "rub my
> tummy!"
>
> Those of you with bored or skittish cats might try this. :) I have no
> trouble at all getting her to come to me now.
>
>
That is exactly what TuTu does. Whenever I sit in the TV room to watch
TV she jumps in my lap-- always. I have a round, natural bristle brush
(Fuller Brush) and a slicker brush, which really removes loose hair.
She loves being brushed. But sometimes, without warning she will attack
my arm. That is when I threaten her with extinction. MLB

cybercat
April 13th 09, 05:58 PM
"MLB" > wrote :
> That is when I threaten her with extinction. MLB

haha! Us Tutu young?

MLB
April 13th 09, 09:30 PM
cybercat wrote:
> "MLB" > wrote :
>> That is when I threaten her with extinction. MLB
>
> haha! Us Tutu young?
>
>NO. We celebrated her 12th birthday April lst. MLB

cybercat
April 13th 09, 10:36 PM
"MLB" > wrote in message
...
> cybercat wrote:
>> "MLB" > wrote :
>>> That is when I threaten her with extinction. MLB
>>
>> haha! Us Tutu young? NO. We celebrated her 12th birthday April lst.
>> MLB

So she is just frisky! Gracie is ten now. The years pass too quickly.

LauraM[_2_]
April 15th 09, 04:08 AM
On Apr 13, 8:39*am, "cybercat" > wrote:
> Gracie has discovered the joys of the hairbrush, and has wrapped her
> borderline OCD around it. Every time I make a move she is up on the big bed
> waiting to be brushed. (I have to pass the master bedroom on the way out of
> my office.) It is actually one of my old round brushes, with smooth plastic
> bristles. She blooms when she is brushed, rolls all around, lips toys or
> whatever she can reach, and purrs up a storm. Since she has lost her
> anxiety, her belly, which was naked pink when we brought her home, has a
> full pelt of thick, creamy colored, spotted fur. Mid brushing she throughs
> back a long leg and makes google eyes at me, clearly thinking "rub my
> tummy!"
>
> Those of you with bored or skittish cats might try this. :) I have no
> trouble at all getting her to come to me now.

Hobbes loves to be brushed too. He rolls around on his back and likes
his tummy petted and brushed. His belly was naked white after he had
his pancreatic attack since they had to shave to do the ultrasound and
now his belly is full of thick, creamsicle colored fur. (We're sick
aren't we?) :^)

cybercat
April 15th 09, 02:03 PM
"LauraM" > wrote:
>
> Those of you with bored or skittish cats might try this. :) I have no
> trouble at all getting her to come to me now.

>Hobbes loves to be brushed too. He rolls around on his back and likes
>his tummy petted and brushed. His belly was naked white after he had
>his pancreatic attack since they had to shave to do the ultrasound and
>now his belly is full of thick, creamsicle colored fur. (We're sick
>aren't we?) :^)

Not even. When's the last time you got this much joy out of a human?
Unconditional love rocks. :)

LauraM[_2_]
April 15th 09, 03:13 PM
On Apr 15, 6:03*am, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "LauraM" > wrote:
>
> > Those of you with bored or skittish cats might try this. :) I have no
> > trouble at all getting her to come to me now.
> >Hobbes loves to be brushed too. *He rolls around on his back and likes
> >his tummy petted and brushed. *His belly was naked white after he had
> >his pancreatic attack since they had to shave to do the ultrasound and
> >now his belly is full of thick, creamsicle colored fur. *(We're sick
> >aren't we?) *:^)
>
> Not even. When's the last time you got this much joy out of a human?
> Unconditional love rocks. :)

I agree! I've gone so far as to call Hobbes "my little angel".