PDA

View Full Version : Re: Buster is playing at guard cat

Bobcat
November 16th 04, 03:43 PM
"O J" > wrote in message
> Mark Edwards wrote:
>
> ---------------------<snip>----------------------
> >It was almost like "Nobody is watching, so go ahead and eat. But
the
> >minute my people notice, I'm going to have to play rough."
> >
> >Weird. Is Buster just a generous cat, who thinks I'll be upset if I
> >see another cat out there? Or was he just taking a break from his
> >guard duties (grin)?
>
> Hard to tell what motivates a cat sometimes. It makes a good story
> though.
> Regards and Purrs,
> O J

Re guard cats, we're relieved that our three girls are here defending
us from, er, robins outside the window (they're indoor cats)...small
insects scuttling across the floor...dust bunnies...and imaginary
creatures that lurk in corners of the rooms.

O J
November 16th 04, 04:25 PM
"Bobcat" wrote:

>Re guard cats, we're relieved that our three girls are here defending
>us from, er, robins outside the window (they're indoor cats)...small
>insects scuttling across the floor...dust bunnies...and imaginary
>creatures that lurk in corners of the rooms.

My furry folk perform similar tasks. I do so wish mine wouldn't eat
the dust bunnies though. They seem, however, to show no ill effects
from them.

Regards and Purrs,
O J "Old John" Gritmon

O J
November 16th 04, 04:25 PM
"Bobcat" wrote:

>Re guard cats, we're relieved that our three girls are here defending
>us from, er, robins outside the window (they're indoor cats)...small
>insects scuttling across the floor...dust bunnies...and imaginary
>creatures that lurk in corners of the rooms.

My furry folk perform similar tasks. I do so wish mine wouldn't eat
the dust bunnies though. They seem, however, to show no ill effects
from them.

Regards and Purrs,
O J "Old John" Gritmon

SUQKRT
November 17th 04, 01:48 AM
In article >, O J
> wrote:

>Mark Edwards wrote:
>
>---------------------<snip>----------------------
>>It was almost like "Nobody is watching, so go ahead and eat. But the
>>minute my people notice, I'm going to have to play rough."
>>
>>Weird. Is Buster just a generous cat, who thinks I'll be upset if I
>>see another cat out there? Or was he just taking a break from his
>>guard duties (grin)?

LOL one never knows, but that's part of why we love the little Fuzzbutts.
Suz
Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Waiting for inspiration. Please hold while I contemplate my navel.

|\__/|
(=':'=)
(")_(")

SUQKRT
November 17th 04, 01:48 AM
In article >, O J
> wrote:

>Mark Edwards wrote:
>
>---------------------<snip>----------------------
>>It was almost like "Nobody is watching, so go ahead and eat. But the
>>minute my people notice, I'm going to have to play rough."
>>
>>Weird. Is Buster just a generous cat, who thinks I'll be upset if I
>>see another cat out there? Or was he just taking a break from his
>>guard duties (grin)?

LOL one never knows, but that's part of why we love the little Fuzzbutts.
Suz
Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Waiting for inspiration. Please hold while I contemplate my navel.

|\__/|
(=':'=)
(")_(")

Tanada
November 20th 04, 07:30 PM
O J wrote:

> "Bobcat" wrote:
>

>>Re guard cats, we're relieved that our three girls are here defending
>>us from, er, robins outside the window (they're indoor cats)...small
>>insects scuttling across the floor...dust bunnies...and imaginary
>>creatures that lurk in corners of the rooms.
>

> My furry folk perform similar tasks. I do so wish mine wouldn't eat
> the dust bunnies though. They seem, however, to show no ill effects
> from them.

The last two nights, Speedy (the d-thing) has been protecting us from
cats entering or leaving our bedroom. We've been training Speedy NOT to
come into our room, so he laid just outside the door with his nose
poking over the door. He was talking to any cats that moved around the
room, and making sure they didn't disturb our rest. Silly puppy. The
cats ignored him.

Pam S.

Tanada
November 20th 04, 07:30 PM