PDA

View Full Version : my cat was bitten by a snake

Juliet L
April 19th 09, 11:46 AM
I've just got back from the vet. My cat was bitten by a snake this
afternoon. He's had anti-venom and is now on a drip for the next couple of
days, he might have to have more anti-venom if he doesn't respond in a
couple of hours. He's 11 years old, I'm worried that his age is against
him. There is also danger from the anti-venom, it can cause kidney failure
and can affect the coagulation of the blood. I can't bear to lose my
Theodore.

James
April 19th 09, 03:47 PM
On Apr 19, 6:46*am, "Juliet L" > wrote:
> I've just got back from the vet. *My cat was bitten by a snake this
> afternoon. He's had anti-venom and is now on a drip for the next couple of
> days, he might have to have more anti-venom if he doesn't respond in a
> couple of hours. *He's 11 years old, I'm worried that his age is against
> him. *There is also danger from the anti-venom, it can cause kidney failure
> and can affect the coagulation of the blood. I can't bear to lose my
> Theodore.

Sorry for you bad luck. Which poison snakes are there in your area?

cybercat
April 19th 09, 03:51 PM
"Juliet L" > wrote in message
> I've just got back from the vet. My cat was bitten by a snake this
> afternoon. He's had anti-venom and is now on a drip for the next couple of
> days, he might have to have more anti-venom if he doesn't respond in a
> couple of hours. He's 11 years old, I'm worried that his age is against
> him. There is also danger from the anti-venom, it can cause kidney
> failure and can affect the coagulation of the blood. I can't bear to lose
> my Theodore.

Wow, even though you kept Theodore inside where he was safe, he got bitten
by a snake. I am so sorry. I hope he manages a full recovery.

April 20th 09, 07:14 AM
On Apr 19, 3:46*am, "Juliet L" > wrote:
> I've just got back from the vet. *My cat was bitten by a snake this
> afternoon. He's had anti-venom and is now on a drip for the next couple of
> days, he might have to have more anti-venom if he doesn't respond in a
> couple of hours. *He's 11 years old, I'm worried that his age is against
> him. *There is also danger from the anti-venom, it can cause kidney failure
> and can affect the coagulation of the blood. I can't bear to lose my
> Theodore.

I'm sorry, I hope he'll be okay.

Candace

CorrieZ
April 20th 09, 02:36 PM
On Apr 19, 10:51*am, "cybercat" > wrote:
> Wow, even though you kept Theodore inside where he was safe, he got bitten
> by a snake.

We all know the advantages of keeping a cat inside, as I'm sure
Theodore's owner does now. But this is not the time for sarcasm. Maybe
next week....or maybe never, if the worst should happen.

cybercat
April 20th 09, 05:15 PM
"CorrieZ" > wrote in message
On Apr 19, 10:51 am, "cybercat" > wrote:
> Wow, even though you kept Theodore inside where he was safe, he got bitten
> by a snake.

>We all know the advantages of keeping a cat inside, as I'm sure
>Theodore's owner does now. But this is not the time for sarcasm. Maybe
>next week....or maybe never, if the worst should happen.

Sorry. My comment is based upon my observation that there is probably no
Theodore at all.

cybercat
April 20th 09, 07:16 PM
"Juliet L" > wrote in message
> I've just got back from the vet. My cat was bitten by a snake this
> afternoon. He's had anti-venom and is now on a drip for the next couple of
> days, he might have to have more anti-venom if he doesn't respond in a
> couple of hours. He's 11 years old, I'm worried that his age is against
> him. There is also danger from the anti-venom, it can cause kidney
> failure and can affect the coagulation of the blood. I can't bear to lose
> my Theodore.

Juliet--thank you for your email. I am sorry I did not believe you, I guess
I am getting too cynical. You wrote that the snake got into his "cat run." I
guess you did your best to protect him, save keeping him inside altogether.
I hope he recovers. Please let us know.

Matthew[_3_]
April 20th 09, 08:06 PM
You are not getting cynical Cyber you are just so used to the POS that come
here.
I am Happy to see that you still can apologize when you find out everything
so you know there is still hope that the newsgroups have not gotten to you
to bad yet ;-)

I was thinking the same thing that you said. Specially being from Florida
and knowing we have at least 13 predators which include 3 Deadly snakes
here.

So even though I did not say anything I offer my apologies to her also along
with purrs and prayers

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Juliet L" > wrote in message
>> I've just got back from the vet. My cat was bitten by a snake this
>> afternoon. He's had anti-venom and is now on a drip for the next couple
>> of days, he might have to have more anti-venom if he doesn't respond in a
>> couple of hours. He's 11 years old, I'm worried that his age is against
>> him. There is also danger from the anti-venom, it can cause kidney
>> failure and can affect the coagulation of the blood. I can't bear to lose
>> my Theodore.
>
> Juliet--thank you for your email. I am sorry I did not believe you, I
> guess I am getting too cynical. You wrote that the snake got into his "cat
> run." I guess you did your best to protect him, save keeping him inside
> altogether. I hope he recovers. Please let us know.

April 21st 09, 03:50 PM
Matthew, with respect, and cyber-whatever-suffix-today deserve each
other.

She shoots from the hip, typically inaccurately, piles it on, then
apologizes only when cornered. I wonder if she treats her cats the
same way, and if as a result they are as neurotic, small-minded and
generally nasty as she is - given that many times animals come to
resemble their owners and reflect their behavior patterns (rather than
the other way around), this is very likely the case.

And there you are, jumping in to endorse the behavior.

I feel sorry for the both of you, the 'pets' that exist only as
adjuncts to your egos and, accordingly, are your victims - and the
tiny, restricted little lives they must lead based on your behavior
and postings here.

You may know every little bit of what there is to know about the
physical health, anatomy and medical aspects of your cats - but cyber,
and you to a lesser degree, I will grant - are grossly ignorant of
their natures.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Matthew[_3_]
April 21st 09, 04:55 PM

< snipped >

Excuse me! You really need to grow up and get some serious mental help.
What Phil put you in your place now you feel froggy. You really truly need
some serious help.

You have no idea what I have done for four legs in the past, present or what
I will do in the future or even what I do everyday for my own cats or others
that I know.

I am not going to even argue with you for I did have some respect; due to
you having some cat knowledge, for you till this post. Maybe one day you
will actual learn what is involved in dealing with the newsgroups instead of
sitting behind a computer screen and popping out information from the
internet. You will learn that 99% of the people that come here don't care.
They want a cheap way to fix something or are lying ( trolls) about the
situation. And the ones that truly need help are helped

cybercat
April 21st 09, 05:30 PM
"Matthew" > wrote in message
ng.com...

> < snipped >
>
> Excuse me! You really need to grow up and get some serious mental help.
> What Phil put you in your place now you feel froggy. You really truly
> need some serious help.
>
> You have no idea what I have done for four legs in the past, present or
> what I will do in the future or even what I do everyday for my own cats or
> others that I know.
>
> I am not going to even argue with you for I did have some respect; due to
> you having some cat knowledge, for you till this post. Maybe one day you
> will actual learn what is involved in dealing with the newsgroups instead
> of sitting behind a computer screen and popping out information from the
> internet. You will learn that 99% of the people that come here don't
> care. They want a cheap way to fix something or are lying ( trolls) about
> the situation. And the ones that truly need help are helped

Ah, I see there is a reason I have this moron killfiled. Deep breath,
Matthew. The stupid people are not going away.

Matthew[_3_]
April 21st 09, 05:49 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Matthew" > wrote in message
> ng.com...
>>

>> < snipped >
>>
>> Excuse me! You really need to grow up and get some serious mental help.
>> What Phil put you in your place now you feel froggy. You really truly
>> need some serious help.
>>
>> You have no idea what I have done for four legs in the past, present or
>> what I will do in the future or even what I do everyday for my own cats
>> or others that I know.
>>
>> I am not going to even argue with you for I did have some respect; due to
>> you having some cat knowledge, for you till this post. Maybe one day
>> you will actual learn what is involved in dealing with the newsgroups
>> instead of sitting behind a computer screen and popping out information
>> from the internet. You will learn that 99% of the people that come here
>> don't care. They want a cheap way to fix something or are lying ( trolls)
>> about the situation. And the ones that truly need help are helped
>>

> Ah, I see there is a reason I have this moron killfiled. Deep breath,
> Matthew. The stupid people are not going away.

Cyber People like him I feel sorry for but I could care less what he has to
say. I know who to trust in this group and it is certainly not him

James
April 21st 09, 06:09 PM
On Apr 21, 10:50*am, " > wrote:
> Matthew, with respect, and cyber-whatever-suffix-today deserve each
> other.
>
> She shoots from the hip, typically inaccurately, piles it on, then
> apologizes only when cornered. I wonder if she treats her cats the
> same way, and if as a result they are as neurotic, small-minded and
> generally nasty as she is - given that many times animals come to
> resemble their owners and reflect their behavior patterns (rather than
> the other way around), this is very likely the case.
>
> And there you are, jumping in to endorse the behavior.
>
> I feel sorry for the both of you, the 'pets' that exist only as
> adjuncts to your egos and, accordingly, are your victims - and the
> tiny, restricted little lives they must lead based on your behavior
> and postings here.
>
> You may know every little bit of what there is to know about the
> physical health, anatomy and medical aspects of your cats - but cyber,
> and you to a lesser degree, I will grant - are grossly ignorant of
> their natures.
>
> Peter Wieck
> Melrose Park, PA

Matthew makes good points and is not rude. The other one is just a
loon.

Matthew[_3_]
April 21st 09, 06:11 PM
"James" > wrote in message
On Apr 21, 10:50 am, " > wrote:
> Matthew, with respect, and cyber-whatever-suffix-today deserve each
> other.
>
> She shoots from the hip, typically inaccurately, piles it on, then
> apologizes only when cornered. I wonder if she treats her cats the
> same way, and if as a result they are as neurotic, small-minded and
> generally nasty as she is - given that many times animals come to
> resemble their owners and reflect their behavior patterns (rather than
> the other way around), this is very likely the case.
>
> And there you are, jumping in to endorse the behavior.
>
> I feel sorry for the both of you, the 'pets' that exist only as
> adjuncts to your egos and, accordingly, are your victims - and the
> tiny, restricted little lives they must lead based on your behavior
> and postings here.
>
> You may know every little bit of what there is to know about the
> physical health, anatomy and medical aspects of your cats - but cyber,
> and you to a lesser degree, I will grant - are grossly ignorant of
> their natures.
>
> Peter Wieck
> Melrose Park, PA

Matthew makes good points and is not rude. The other one is just a
loon.

Thank you James but as you do Know I can be an real [email protected]@ when I think the
person is full of it. ;-)

cybercat
April 21st 09, 08:28 PM
"Matthew" > wrote in message
ng.com...

> "James" > wrote in message
> On Apr 21, 10:50 am, " > wrote:
>> Matthew, with respect, and cyber-whatever-suffix-today deserve each
>> other.
>>
>> She shoots from the hip, typically inaccurately, piles it on, then
>> apologizes only when cornered. I wonder if she treats her cats the
>> same way, and if as a result they are as neurotic, small-minded and
>> generally nasty as she is - given that many times animals come to
>> resemble their owners and reflect their behavior patterns (rather than
>> the other way around), this is very likely the case.
>>
>> And there you are, jumping in to endorse the behavior.
>>
>> I feel sorry for the both of you, the 'pets' that exist only as
>> adjuncts to your egos and, accordingly, are your victims - and the
>> tiny, restricted little lives they must lead based on your behavior
>> and postings here.
>>
>> You may know every little bit of what there is to know about the
>> physical health, anatomy and medical aspects of your cats - but cyber,
>> and you to a lesser degree, I will grant - are grossly ignorant of
>> their natures.
>>
>> Peter Wieck
>> Melrose Park, PA
>
> Matthew makes good points and is not rude. The other one is just a
> loon.
>
> Thank you James but as you do Know I can be an real [email protected]@ when I think the
> person is full of it. ;-)

I suppose you have noticed that Pussy James is full of it, then.

Matthew[_3_]
April 21st 09, 08:47 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Matthew" > wrote in message
> ng.com...
>>
>> "James" > wrote in message
>> On Apr 21, 10:50 am, " > wrote:
>>> Matthew, with respect, and cyber-whatever-suffix-today deserve each
>>> other.
>>>
>>> She shoots from the hip, typically inaccurately, piles it on, then
>>> apologizes only when cornered. I wonder if she treats her cats the
>>> same way, and if as a result they are as neurotic, small-minded and
>>> generally nasty as she is - given that many times animals come to
>>> resemble their owners and reflect their behavior patterns (rather than
>>> the other way around), this is very likely the case.
>>>
>>> And there you are, jumping in to endorse the behavior.
>>>
>>> I feel sorry for the both of you, the 'pets' that exist only as
>>> adjuncts to your egos and, accordingly, are your victims - and the
>>> tiny, restricted little lives they must lead based on your behavior
>>> and postings here.
>>>
>>> You may know every little bit of what there is to know about the
>>> physical health, anatomy and medical aspects of your cats - but cyber,
>>> and you to a lesser degree, I will grant - are grossly ignorant of
>>> their natures.
>>>
>>> Peter Wieck
>>> Melrose Park, PA
>>
>> Matthew makes good points and is not rude. The other one is just a
>> loon.
>>
>> Thank you James but as you do Know I can be an real [email protected]@ when I think the
>> person is full of it. ;-)
>>
> I suppose you have noticed that Pussy James is full of it, then.

Behave he has his points just like you ;-)

<big kiss>

cybercat
April 21st 09, 09:42 PM
"Matthew" > wrote :

> Behave he has his points just like you ;-)

Name them.

cybercat
April 22nd 09, 05:17 PM
On Apr 21, 10:30 am, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "Matthew" > wrote in message
>
> ng.com...
>

> > < snipped >
>
> > Excuse me! You really need to grow up and get some serious mental help.
> > What Phil put you in your place now you feel froggy. You really truly
> > need some serious help.
>
> > You have no idea what I have done for four legs in the past, present or
> > what I will do in the future or even what I do everyday for my own cats
> > or
> > others that I know.
>
> > I am not going to even argue with you for I did have some respect; due
> > you having some cat knowledge, for you till this post. Maybe one day you
> > will actual learn what is involved in dealing with the newsgroups
> > instead
> > of sitting behind a computer screen and popping out information from the
> > internet. You will learn that 99% of the people that come here don't
> > care. They want a cheap way to fix something or are lying ( trolls)
> > about
> > the situation. And the ones that truly need help are helped
>
> Ah, I see there is a reason I have this moron killfiled. Deep breath,
> Matthew. The stupid people are not going away.

>No, they live over in my usual haunts ng.

Anedolts, by chance?

Matthew[_3_]
April 22nd 09, 05:33 PM
On Apr 22, 10:16 am, wrote:
> On Apr 21, 10:30 am, "cybercat" > wrote:
>

> > "Matthew" > wrote in message
>
> ng.com...
>

> > > < snipped >
>
> > > Excuse me! You really need to grow up and get some serious mental
> > > help.
> > > What Phil put you in your place now you feel froggy. You really truly
> > > need some serious help.
>
> > > You have no idea what I have done for four legs in the past, present
> > > or
> > > what I will do in the future or even what I do everyday for my own
> > > cats or
> > > others that I know.
>
> > > I am not going to even argue with you for I did have some respect; due
> > > you having some cat knowledge, for you till this post. Maybe one day
> > > you
> > > will actual learn what is involved in dealing with the newsgroups
> > > instead
> > > of sitting behind a computer screen and popping out information from
> > > the
> > > internet. You will learn that 99% of the people that come here don't
> > > care. They want a cheap way to fix something or are lying ( trolls)
> > > about
> > > the situation. And the ones that truly need help are helped
>
> > Ah, I see there is a reason I have this moron killfiled. Deep breath,
> > Matthew. The stupid people are not going away.
>
> No, they live over in my usual haunts ng.

I don't hang here and just drop in now and then but this dude in
Penn.
tries to help here, looks like to me. One thing I would never try to
do
is tell people what goes in his state, namely which I have only ever
been to Hershytown (can't even remember the name of that place,
we drove up from Baltimore and had lotsa fun there) AFA wildlife, etc.
Here is a scoop from the newsroom for him: Miami native now
transplanted
to MileHigh wfants anyone interested to be aware that *in Florida, at
what my limited expertise there is *snakes can and do get IN YOUR
HOUSE, YOUR CAR AND YOUR GROCERY BAGS* all of which I
have personally had the fun of removing. Luckily, I *like* snakes.

Nice to see you back. And stop scaring me I still Live in Florida ;-)

cybercat
April 22nd 09, 05:44 PM
> wrote
>> Anedolts, by chance?

>You betcha...

:D

I see where they have embraced the problem of Christy's cats being tossed
outside and are busy slobbering it over now. In the end, whatever makes
everybody feel good will be the best alternative. Everybody but the cats,
that is.