PDA

View Full Version : Is Salmonella in "Corn" Kitty Litter?

harry
April 19th 09, 03:12 PM
Hello,

I am having trouble with vomiting in young cats, and violent diarrhea/
death in less than 10-day-old kittens. I never experienced this before
in my life; also i never before used Arm and Hammer Essentials (corn
litter). Yes, itis CORN, i can feel the slick starch on my fingers
when wet.

Truly

Truth will set you free John 8:32

cybercat
April 19th 09, 03:50 PM
"harry" > wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am having trouble with vomiting in young cats, and violent diarrhea/
> death in less than 10-day-old kittens. I never experienced this before
> in my life; also i never before used Arm and Hammer Essentials (corn
> litter). Yes, itis CORN, i can feel the slick starch on my fingers
> when wet.

What does your vet say?

harry
April 19th 09, 05:13 PM
On Apr 19, 10:50*am, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "harry" > wrote in message

> > Hello,
>
> > I am having trouble with vomiting in young cats, and violent diarrhea/
> > death in less than 10-day-old kittens. I never experienced this before
> > in my life; also i never before used Arm and Hammer Essentials (corn
> > litter). Yes, itis CORN, i can feel the slick starch on my fingers
> > when wet.
>
> What does your vet say?

Hello,

First of all this is Sunday. Secondly this isnot a Vet. problem if it
is Salmonella in the kitty litter, as itis a Government problem; a
community problem/a public problem, an Arm and Hammer problem. Here in
the Internet (you must be new to the Information highway) we try to
solve problems that Vets cannot and willnot. Where is your community
spirit anyway? This is the web and youare in the wrong place for that
rude statement . . . i think maybe i donot like you . . . further
more: been there, done that . . . more than once; more than twice,
more than three times . . . One more thing, Bubba, donot make me mad
or i will tell everyone the truth about what you and your ilk
are . . .

Truly

Truth will set you free John 8:32

cybercat
April 19th 09, 06:46 PM
The freak "harry" > wrote in message
>Hello,

>First of all this is Sunday. Secondly this isnot a Vet. problem if it
>is Salmonella in the kitty litter, as itis a Government problem; a
>community problem/a public problem, an Arm and Hammer problem. [blah blah
>blah}
>Truth will set you free John 8:32

So you have a dead kitten and nobody every saw a vet?

Matthew[_3_]
April 19th 09, 08:12 PM
"harry" > < snipped>

Truth will set you free John 8:32

Than you must be a lying POS than

Phil P.
April 19th 09, 11:04 PM
"harry" > wrote in message
On Apr 19, 10:50 am, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "harry" > wrote in message

> > Hello,
>
> > I am having trouble with vomiting in young cats, and violent diarrhea/
> > death in less than 10-day-old kittens. I never experienced this before
> > in my life; also i never before used Arm and Hammer Essentials (corn
> > litter). Yes, itis CORN, i can feel the slick starch on my fingers
> > when wet.
>
> What does your vet say?

Hello,

> First of all this is Sunday. Secondly this isnot a Vet. problem if it
> is Salmonella in the kitty litter,

It certainly *is* a problem that requires a vet. The symptoms of
salmonellosis and panleukopenia are almost indistinguishable. You'll never
know if the kittens died of salmonellosis or panleukopenia- which is *far*
more likely- without bacterial cultures of rectal swabs or fecal samples
and/or blood cultures. Bring a sample of fresh litter to your vet so he can
culture the litter in the *highly* unlikely event the kittens died of
salmonellosis from contaminated litter.

Phil

barb
April 20th 09, 12:24 AM
I tried the new Arm and Hammer kitty litter. It's light weight (easy to
carry), is a different color and texture and smells very different from the
regular kitty litter. I put it next to the regular kitty litter. The cats
wouldn't go near the new stuff. Whoever invented it does not know cats!

Barb

S.Smith
April 20th 09, 04:52 AM
"harry" > wrote in message
On Apr 19, 10:50 am, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "harry" > wrote in message

> > Hello,
>
> > I am having trouble with vomiting in young cats, and violent diarrhea/
> > death in less than 10-day-old kittens. I never experienced this before
> > in my life; also i never before used Arm and Hammer Essentials (corn
> > litter). Yes, itis CORN, i can feel the slick starch on my fingers
> > when wet.
>
> What does your vet say?

Hello,

First of all this is Sunday. Secondly this isnot a Vet. problem if it
is Salmonella in the kitty litter, as itis a Government problem; a
community problem/a public problem, an Arm and Hammer problem. Here in
the Internet (you must be new to the Information highway) we try to
solve problems that Vets cannot and willnot. Where is your community
spirit anyway? This is the web and youare in the wrong place for that
rude statement . . . i think maybe i donot like you . . . further
more: been there, done that . . . more than once; more than twice,
more than three times . . . One more thing, Bubba, donot make me mad
or i will tell everyone the truth about what you and your ilk
are . . .

Truly

Truth will set you free John 8:32

First of all, for all that is sacred, change the litter brand before you
have zero kittens.
Paloma's Mom