PDA

View Full Version : Sheelagh


cindys
April 20th 09, 03:31 AM
Hello everyone! I know I haven't posted here in a while, and my post
is not actually about cats. I was wondering if anybody reading this
has heard from Sheelagh?
Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

cyberpurrs
April 20th 09, 05:14 AM
"cindys" > wrote in message
...
> Hello everyone! I know I haven't posted here in a while, and my post
> is not actually about cats. I was wondering if anybody reading this
> has heard from Sheelagh?
> Thanks in advance.
> Best regards,

Have you tried emailing her?

cindys
April 20th 09, 05:31 AM
On Apr 20, 12:14*am, "cyberpurrs" > wrote:
> "cindys" > wrote in message
>
> ...
>
> > Hello everyone! I know I haven't posted here in a while, and my post
> > is not actually about cats. I was wondering if anybody reading this
> > has heard from Sheelagh?
> > Thanks in advance.
> > Best regards,
>
> Have you tried emailing her?
-----------
Yes. My e-mail bounced. (This had been a working address in the past).
I'm very concerned because I know she was ill.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

cindys
April 23rd 09, 06:10 PM
On Apr 20, 12:31*am, cindys > wrote:
> On Apr 20, 12:14*am, "cyberpurrs" > wrote:> "cindys" > wrote in message
>
> ....
>
> > > Hello everyone! I know I haven't posted here in a while, and my post
> > > is not actually about cats. I was wondering if anybody reading this
> > > has heard from Sheelagh?
> > > Thanks in advance.
> > > Best regards,
>
> > Have you tried emailing her?
>
> -----------
> Yes. My e-mail bounced. (This had been a working address in the past).
> I'm very concerned because I know she was ill.
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.
-----
I have tried every e-mail address I have for her, including the one
she used to post to this forum six months ago. I have not received any
response. Her cell phone number is available on the internet (she
posted it when she was a cat breeder.) I have toyed with the idea of
phoning the number, but I don't want to be intrusive to her or her
family. After all, I really know her only from this forum and a few
private e-mails. I never had a phone conversation with her or anything
like that. The bottom line is that Sheelagh posted on this forum that
she was suffering from cancer of the pancreas, which carries a very
grim prognosis. I guess I am fearing the worst. She hasn't added any
new pictures of her kitties in over a year. If she is gone, I am going
to be so very, very sad. What do other posters think (regarding my
trying to phone her) or shall I send a snail mail (I think she had
posted her home address on the internet as well) ? Or shall I just
leave well enough alone?
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

cybercat
April 23rd 09, 06:21 PM
"cindys" > wrote
>I have tried every e-mail address I have for her, including the one
>she used to post to this forum six months ago. I have not received any
>response. Her cell phone number is available on the internet (she
>posted it when she was a cat breeder.) I have toyed with the idea of
>phoning the number, but I don't want to be intrusive to her or her
family.

Sheelagh is a sweetheart. She has a lovely family, and would almost
certainly be very happy to hear from you. I hope she is okay. If you reach
her, please tell her Nancy says hello.

cindys
April 23rd 09, 07:18 PM
On Apr 23, 1:21*pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "cindys" > wrote>I have tried every e-mail address I have for her, including the one
> >she used to post to this forum six months ago. I have not received any
> >response. Her cell phone number is available on the internet (she
> >posted it when she was a cat breeder.) I have toyed with the idea of
> >phoning the number, but I don't want to be intrusive to her or her
>
> family.
>
> Sheelagh is a sweetheart. She has a lovely family, and would almost
> certainly be very happy to hear from you. I hope she is okay. If you reach
> her, please tell her Nancy says hello.
------------
Okay, not to sound stupid here, but I want to make sure I get this
right: Would her name be pronounced like the American name spelled
Sheila?
Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

cybercat
April 24th 09, 12:08 AM
"cindys" > wrote i:
------------
>Okay, not to sound stupid here, but I want to make sure I get this
>right: Would her name be pronounced like the American name spelled
>Sheila?

Yep! :)

Matthew[_3_]
April 24th 09, 03:11 AM
Ok I got an media message from her cell phone a few hours ago unfortunately
you can not reply to them thought email

Ringo is getting big. his diabetes is under control and Taz is getting fat

I sent her a text message from the number that she used which i am not going
to post but Cindy I passed on your email in the text and said your are
looking for her

I told her we miss her and that she needs to come back and talk to us
sometimes ;-)

cindys
April 24th 09, 03:40 AM
On Apr 23, 10:11*pm, "Matthew" >
wrote:
> Ok I got an media message from her cell phone a few hours ago *unfortunately
> you can not reply to them thought email
>
> Ringo is getting big. *his diabetes is under control *and Taz is getting fat
>
> I sent her a text message from the number that she used which i am not going
> to post but Cindy I passed on your email in the text and said your are
> looking for her
>
> I told her we miss her and that she needs to come back and talk to us
> sometimes ;-)
------------
Thank you Matthew! I will be checking for an e-mail from her. I had
decided today that I would look into getting an international phone
calling card and try to phone her on the number she posted on the
internet when she was still breeding her cats. I had no idea Ringo had
diabetes. I remember how I cried when he was shot. Anyway, I don't
have the words to express how happy I am that Sheelagh is still
sending text messages. It will never cease to amaze me what a miracle
the internet can sometimes be... how someone whom we've never met, who
lives on the other side of the world can come to mean so much to us.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

cyberpurrs
April 24th 09, 03:51 AM
"cindys" > wrote

>It will never cease to amaze me what a miracle
the internet can sometimes be... how someone whom we've never met, who
lives on the other side of the world can come to mean so much to us.
Best regards,


You are just a doll. The world needs more like you.

cindys
April 26th 09, 08:53 PM
On Apr 23, 7:08*pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "cindys" > wrote i:
> ------------
>
> >Okay, not to sound stupid here, but I want to make sure I get this
> >right: Would her name be pronounced like the American name spelled
> >Sheila?
>
> Yep! :)
--------------
----------
I am so excited! Sheelagh just sent me a photo of Ringo!! Since I
can't e-mail back through her mobile, I hope she is reading this!
Thank you Sheelagh! He is looking as beautiful as always :-)
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

cindys
April 26th 09, 09:56 PM
On Apr 26, 3:53*pm, cindys > wrote:
> On Apr 23, 7:08*pm, "cybercat" > wrote:> "cindys" > wrote i:
> > ------------
>
> > >Okay, not to sound stupid here, but I want to make sure I get this
> > >right: Would her name be pronounced like the American name spelled
> > >Sheila?
>
> > Yep! :)
>
> --------------
> ----------
> I am so excited! Sheelagh just sent me a photo of Ringo!! Since I
> can't e-mail back through her mobile, I hope she is reading this!
> Thank you Sheelagh! He is looking as beautiful as always :-)
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.
-----------
I just tried phoning Sheelagh, but I got her voice mail. It's getting
late in the UK now, so I left her a message that I would try again
tomorrow. It was so good to hear her voice (even if it was a
recording).
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

cybercat
April 26th 09, 10:04 PM
"cindys" > wrote in message
...
On Apr 26, 3:53 pm, cindys > wrote:
> On Apr 23, 7:08 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:> "cindys"
> > wrote i:
> > ------------
>
> > >Okay, not to sound stupid here, but I want to make sure I get this
> > >right: Would her name be pronounced like the American name spelled
> > >Sheila?
>
> > Yep! :)
>
> --------------
> ----------
> I am so excited! Sheelagh just sent me a photo of Ringo!! Since I
> can't e-mail back through her mobile, I hope she is reading this!
> Thank you Sheelagh! He is looking as beautiful as always :-)
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.
-----------
>I just tried phoning Sheelagh, but I got her voice mail. It's getting
>late in the UK now, so I left her a message that I would try again
>tomorrow. It was so good to hear her voice (even if it was a
>recording).


I am so glad you reached her voicemail, at least. Hope she is doing well.
Ringo--and all her kids!--are very lucky to have her.

cindys
April 28th 09, 03:27 PM
On Apr 23, 10:51*pm, "cyberpurrs" > wrote:
> "cindys" > wrote
>
> >It will never cease to amaze me what a miracle
>
> the internet can sometimes be... how someone whom we've never met, who
> lives on the other side of the world can come to mean so much to us.
> Best regards,
>
> You are just a doll. The world needs more like you.
----------------
I have still been unable to reach Sheelagh. I left her a phone message
on her voice mail, and she sent me an e-mail (a text message from her
mobile phone) thanking me for trying to contact her. Yesterday, I
tried again. This time, her son answered the phone. I asked for her,
and he told me to hold on (before I had a chance to explain who I was
or that I was phoning from the States). I held on for quite a while
(at least 5 minutes). Then, he came back to the phone and said "Are
you still there?" I said "Yes," and again, before I could explain who
I was or that I was phoning from the States, he had taken off. I could
hear a TV playing in the background. I held on for at least another 5
minutes and then the phone was disconnected. I guess I'm just really
worried about Sheelagh. Shall I try again? Why is she not using her
computer? Is she unable to use it?

I want very much to talk to her, and if I could know for sure that she
would like that, I would keep on trying to get in touch with her. I
just don't want to be intrusive if my phone call would be unwelcome
(for any reason).
Thoughts?
Best regards,
---Cindy S.