PDA

View Full Version : Re: How long have most of your cats....

dgk
May 4th 09, 02:04 PM
On Sun, 3 May 2009 18:59:34 -0400, T >
wrote:

>In article >,
says...

>> On 2009-04-30, Gloria > wrote:
>> > lived? How many years?
>>
>> Currently, 15 years and counting.
>>
>> Previously, 12 years (cancer) and 10 years (FIV). They live longer when
>> you have them spayed or neutered and keep them indoors.
>>
>> Bud
>
>I've had my first cat live to 18, another to 14, one to 9 and the
>current one is 6 and still going strong.
>
>The 9 year old was a seriously obese cat. Nothing we did could control
>his weight.

My first two died at 9 (Bushky - diabetes) and 16 (Nico the wonder cat
- cancer). Luckyboy didn't make it much past 9 either (heart).

I adopted one sick old girl because I wanted her to have a decent
place to die. She lived around 9 months with me, and wiped out a good
part of my bank account, but I have no idea how old she was.

My current brood (Espy, Nipsy, and Marlo) are all around 4 or 5.

One of my vets told me that most cats don't live longer than 12. Sure,
some make it to 20 or older, but those are the exceptions.