PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in "Declawing"....

Gloria
May 10th 09, 01:39 AM
of cats? I DON'T.

Poe
May 10th 09, 02:46 PM
Gloria wrote:
> of cats? I DON'T.

No. It is their only defense. Even an indoor cat can scurry out
occasionally. Also, due to unforeseen circumstances an indoor cat may
end up with a new owner who lets them out. Further, I've heard reports
of behavioral problems after declawing. I've never seen it, but I've
never declawed.

There are a number of ways to protect furniture from being damaged -
scratching posts, catnip to attract to spots you want them, and
sprays/tapes that deter from other areas, etc.

cybercat
May 10th 09, 04:56 PM
"Poe" > wrote in message
> Gloria wrote:
>> of cats? I DON'T.
>>

> No. It is their only defense. Even an indoor cat can scurry out
> occasionally. Also, due to unforeseen circumstances an indoor cat may end
> up with a new owner who lets them out. Further, I've heard reports of
> behavioral problems after declawing. I've never seen it, but I've never
> declawed.
>
> There are a number of ways to protect furniture from being damaged -
> scratching posts, catnip to attract to spots you want them, and
> sprays/tapes that deter from other areas, etc.

I agree. Except, they do have one more defense that people who traumatize
them by declawing them often find out about--when they feel defenseless,
they can become biters. Declawing is mutilation.

Stan Brown
May 10th 09, 07:51 PM
Sat, 9 May 2009 19:39:58 -0500 from Gloria >:
> of cats? I DON'T.

Just discovered the existence of newsgroups, I guess?

Rather than post six dozen of these little one-liners, why not post
one or two articles on the particular topics that are of most
interest to you? State your own views on the question that you
raise, and give your reasons.

That will spark far more interesting discussion than posting a lot of
rapid-fire questions just because you can.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...