PDA

View Full Version : Re: How long have most of your cats....

Netmask
May 10th 09, 08:26 AM
Gloria wrote:
> lived? How many years?

My first moggy felix born the same day as me lived for 18 years and he
was tough, lived outside mostly and was my dog's best friend. Then many
many years of overseas travel. Then my first Burmese, Sam only lasted 6
years, followed by Monki 23 years and sadly 2 days ago Max 14 years. I
will in time get another Burmese possibly 2. I cannot bear a house
without a cat and somehow their presence invites a secure feeling and
occupancy. Hard to describe actually as I'm a hard line agnostic who
doesn't believe in ghosts or spirits or the supernatural but their
(cats) presence can be felt, well by me anyway!

cybercat
May 10th 09, 05:00 PM
"Netmask" > wrote:>
> My first moggy felix born the same day as me lived for 18 years and he was
> tough, lived outside mostly and was my dog's best friend. Then many many
> years of overseas travel. Then my first Burmese, Sam only lasted 6 years,
> followed by Monki 23 years and sadly 2 days ago Max 14 years. I will in
> time get another Burmese possibly 2. I cannot bear a house without a cat
> and somehow their presence invites a secure feeling and occupancy. Hard to
> describe actually as I'm a hard line agnostic who doesn't believe in
> ghosts or spirits or the supernatural but their (cats) presence can be
> felt, well by me anyway!

Pssst ... try a Burmese rescue! There are all kinds of cats, all breeds, at
the shelters.

Netmask
May 31st 09, 09:37 AM
cybercat wrote:
> "Netmask" > wrote:>
>> My first moggy felix born the same day as me lived for 18 years and he was
>> tough, lived outside mostly and was my dog's best friend. Then many many
>> years of overseas travel. Then my first Burmese, Sam only lasted 6 years,
>> followed by Monki 23 years and sadly 2 days ago Max 14 years. I will in
>> time get another Burmese possibly 2. I cannot bear a house without a cat
>> and somehow their presence invites a secure feeling and occupancy. Hard to
>> describe actually as I'm a hard line agnostic who doesn't believe in
>> ghosts or spirits or the supernatural but their (cats) presence can be
>> felt, well by me anyway!
>
> Pssst ... try a Burmese rescue! There are all kinds of cats, all breeds, at
> the shelters.

You won't find a Burmese in the RSPCA (not in Australia). As most cats
in Australia are micro chipped (now compulsory by law along with
vacinations) for identification most pedigree cats either get run over
by traffic or are returned to their owners. When I was at the cattery
the owner received a call from the local police to say they had one of
her cats a cat that she had sold to someone who decided to just open the
front door and let it go after 3 years. Lucky blue burmese found.

So I would have a stray except for my allergies and asthma which
developed back in the late 60's. So unfortunately I can only live with a
Burmese.

cybercat
May 31st 09, 02:24 PM
"Netmask" > wrote in message
> cybercat wrote:
>> "Netmask" > wrote:>
>>> My first moggy felix born the same day as me lived for 18 years and he
>>> was tough, lived outside mostly and was my dog's best friend. Then many
>>> many years of overseas travel. Then my first Burmese, Sam only lasted 6
>>> years, followed by Monki 23 years and sadly 2 days ago Max 14 years. I
>>> will in time get another Burmese possibly 2. I cannot bear a house
>>> without a cat and somehow their presence invites a secure feeling and
>>> occupancy. Hard to describe actually as I'm a hard line agnostic who
>>> doesn't believe in ghosts or spirits or the supernatural but their
>>> (cats) presence can be felt, well by me anyway!
>>
>> Pssst ... try a Burmese rescue! There are all kinds of cats, all breeds,
>> at the shelters.
> You won't find a Burmese in the RSPCA (not in Australia). As most cats in
> Australia are micro chipped (now compulsory by law along with vacinations)
> for identification most pedigree cats either get run over by traffic or
> are returned to their owners. When I was at the cattery the owner received
> a call from the local police to say they had one of her cats a cat that
> she had sold to someone who decided to just open the front door and let it
> go after 3 years. Lucky blue burmese found.
>
> So I would have a stray except for my allergies and asthma which developed
> back in the late 60's. So unfortunately I can only live with a
I have asthma and am allergic to cats. They make medicine for that. Shame on
you.