PDA

View Full Version : good electric water bowls?

ensoul[_2_]
May 18th 09, 01:17 AM
My guys are good drinkers (luckily). I've had 2 drinkwell's Moe & Rudy
love them. The 1st one was super noisey, living in a small apart...I
ended up giving it to somebody-- bought another one, different model
came home to an apartment filled with smoke, a loud grinding noise,
and a stench--was very lucklily the smoke dector's didn't go off! even
more lucky Moe & Rudy didn't get hurt.

Right now they get fresh water 2 times a day, more if needed.....the
weather hasn't been spring like and I do wonder abt Summer....Given I
live in an upstairs apart, they're very long hair cats, and indoor
guys only

They had no problem sharing one before...My requirments are tough;
need it reliable, hold a decent amnt of water, easy to clean, income
I'll have to safe...my income is very low....when we got Rudy & Moe it
was both Rick (my late hubby) and I and much more money....Can what I
need be bought for under $100...I can start saving

I'll have to buy online, I've used Dr. Smith and several of the big
pet stores.....anybody have good and/or bad expereinces with online
pet stores?

I live is small town, rural area...one pet store that will order only
a drinkwell for me @ $125! it
s 70 drive to any large city

thanks

lynn

Jealousy is all the fun you think they had.
~Erica Jong

spot
May 18th 09, 01:53 AM
Why not put a bowl in the tub and let the faucet drip into the bowl.
They get fresh water and when it overflows it goes down the drain. No
fear of anything shorting out this way.

Celeste

ensoul[_2_]
May 18th 09, 03:27 AM
On May 17, 8:53*pm, spot > wrote:
> Why not put a bowl in the tub and let the faucet drip into the bowl.
> They get fresh water and when it overflows it goes down the drain. *No
> fear of anything shorting out this way.
>
> Celeste

it does soud kind of cool, Celeste and actually I'd even like to give
it a try.....with there super thick and long hair it gets every where,
so I keep the sliding doors on tub closed or they would clim right and
their would stick to everything

Granby
May 18th 09, 04:36 AM
With three cats, and a dog, when I go to work, I fill up the sink in the
bathroom with cold water. The dog water dish is almost a small dishpan and
sits in the tub. 2 of the 3 cats drink by dipping their paw and licking off
the water so, sitting on the sink to drink is less mess to clean.