PDA

View Full Version : no takers on the annoying siamese behavior?

peter[_2_]
May 25th 09, 01:18 PM
we have taken to keeping annie foghorn out side at night so she doesnt
howl and paw at our doors at night, but we would really prefer to modify
her behavior rather than doing that.

any suggestions?

peter

cybercat
May 25th 09, 04:37 PM
"peter" > wrote in message
> we have taken to keeping annie foghorn out side at night so she doesnt
> howl and paw at our doors at night, but we would really prefer to modify
> her behavior rather than doing that.

No, she'll likely be dead soon anyway.

jmc
May 25th 09, 09:51 PM
Suddenly, without warning, peter exclaimed (5/25/2009 8:18 AM):
> we have taken to keeping annie foghorn out side at night so she doesnt
> howl and paw at our doors at night, but we would really prefer to modify
> her behavior rather than doing that.
>
> any suggestions?
>
> peter

I posted my suggestions today.

jmc

peter[_2_]
May 26th 09, 02:02 AM
jmc wrote:
> Suddenly, without warning, peter exclaimed (5/25/2009 8:18 AM):
>> we have taken to keeping annie foghorn out side at night so she doesnt
>> howl and paw at our doors at night, but we would really prefer to
>> modify her behavior rather than doing that.
>>
>> any suggestions?
>>
>> peter
>
> I posted my suggestions today.
>
> jmc
yes, thanks

peter[_2_]
May 26th 09, 02:03 AM
cybercat wrote:
> "peter" > wrote in message
>> we have taken to keeping annie foghorn out side at night so she doesnt
>> howl and paw at our doors at night, but we would really prefer to modify
>> her behavior rather than doing that.
>>

> No, she'll likely be dead soon anyway.

???why do you say that

cybercat
May 26th 09, 02:16 AM
"peter" > wrote in message
> cybercat wrote:
>> "peter" > wrote in message
>>> we have taken to keeping annie foghorn out side at night so she doesnt
>>> howl and paw at our doors at night, but we would really prefer to modify
>>> her behavior rather than doing that.
>>>

>> No, she'll likely be dead soon anyway.
> ???why do you say that

You put her outside where anything can happen to her.

Here is what I did when I had a loud cat: I waited until she began
vocalizing then put her in a room with bed, box, food and water, some toys,
and shut her in there. The breakfast room was a good ways from the bedroom,
and I had a large HEPA filter in my bedroom so I could not hear her.

After a while, she stopped because she didn't want to be in there.

Good luck. And please don't put your cat outside.

peter[_2_]
May 26th 09, 12:15 PM
cybercat wrote:

> You put her outside where anything can happen to her.
point taken

> Here is what I did when I had a loud cat: I waited until she began
> vocalizing then put her in a room with bed, box, food and water, some toys,
> and shut her in there. The breakfast room was a good ways from the bedroom,
> and I had a large HEPA filter in my bedroom so I could not hear her.
hmmm, might be a good idea, i wonder if it will cause more of the "bad"
behavior due to frustration...we'll see

> After a while, she stopped because she didn't want to be in there.

> Good luck. And please don't put your cat outside.
they go out many times during the day anyway, because they want to.
i understand your concern, it is sorta like not wanting your daughter
going to nyc, (or many other issues with any kid growing up), with my
dughter, something unpleansant did happen, and now she listens a little
more to our advice

i have seen inside cats hurt by climbing a book case which fell over,
chewing toxic things which were well secured...there is danger inside too.
i understand your position and respect your choose,,,lets be friends??

peter

cybercat
May 26th 09, 04:04 PM
"peter" > wrote
> i have seen inside cats hurt by climbing a book case which fell over,
> chewing toxic things which were well secured...there is danger inside too.
> i understand your position and respect your choose,,,lets be friends??

Okay.

-L.
May 27th 09, 09:45 AM
On May 25, 5:18*am, peter > wrote:
> we have taken to keeping annie foghorn out side at night so she doesnt
> howl and paw at our doors at night, but we would really prefer to modify
> her behavior rather than doing that.
>
> any suggestions?
>
> peter

She's Siamese. You should have done your homework before you
purchased the LOUDEST and MOST DEMANDING breed of cat there is.

You're not going to be able to "modify" her behavior - it's innate.
The sooner you learn to live with it, the better.

-L.

cybercat
May 27th 09, 04:04 PM
"-L." > wrote in message
On May 25, 5:18 am, peter > wrote:
> we have taken to keeping annie foghorn out side at night so she doesnt
> howl and paw at our doors at night, but we would really prefer to modify
> her behavior rather than doing that.
>
> any suggestions?
>
> peter

>She's Siamese. You should have done your homework before you
>purchased the LOUDEST and MOST DEMANDING breed of cat >there is.

Well, look who it is!!! You've been missed!