PDA

View Full Version : Question about a lump behind nipple

little vine
May 30th 09, 07:21 PM
I have an abandoned 1yr old female scheduled for spaying on Monday,
June 1st. This morning I was examining her nipples to make sure she
had properly dried up after finishing nursing when I noticed a rather
large swelling (growth/lump) behind one of her lower nipples. I tried
calling the vet to see what she had to say, but she's gone for the
weekend. There is no injury or discoloration. Does anybody have any
idea what this might be and if it is unwise to procede with her
scheduled spaying? It's right along side where her incision will be.

little vine
May 31st 09, 12:10 AM
On May 30, 12:21*pm, little vine > wrote:
> I have an abandoned 1yr old female scheduled for spaying on Monday,
> June 1st. This morning I was examining her nipples to make sure she
> had properly dried up after finishing nursing when I noticed a rather
> large swelling (growth/lump) behind one of her lower nipples. I tried
> calling the vet to see what she had to say, but she's gone for the
> weekend. There is no injury or discoloration. Does anybody have any
> idea what this might be and if it is unwise to procede with her
> scheduled spaying? It's right along side where her incision will be.

Nevermind. I figured it out. Mastitis. Good thing we've already got a
date with the vet.

cybercat
May 31st 09, 01:15 AM
"little vine" > wrote in message
On May 30, 12:21 pm, little vine > wrote:
> I have an abandoned 1yr old female scheduled for spaying on Monday,
> June 1st. This morning I was examining her nipples to make sure she
> had properly dried up after finishing nursing when I noticed a rather
> large swelling (growth/lump) behind one of her lower nipples. I tried
> calling the vet to see what she had to say, but she's gone for the
> weekend. There is no injury or discoloration. Does anybody have any
> idea what this might be and if it is unwise to procede with her
> scheduled spaying? It's right along side where her incision will be.

>Nevermind. I figured it out. Mastitis. Good thing we've already got a
>date with the vet.

Thanks for taking her in and taking such good care of her.

Debby Hanoka[_2_]
May 31st 09, 01:21 AM
On May 30, 8:15*pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "little vine" > wrote in message

> On May 30, 12:21 pm, little vine > wrote:
>
> > I have an abandoned 1yr old female scheduled for spaying on Monday,
> > June 1st. This morning I was examining her nipples to make sure she
> > had properly dried up after finishing nursing when I noticed a rather
> > large swelling (growth/lump) behind one of her lower nipples. I tried
> > calling the vet to see what she had to say, but she's gone for the
> > weekend. There is no injury or discoloration. Does anybody have any
> > idea what this might be and if it is unwise to procede with her
> > scheduled spaying? It's right along side where her incision will be.
> >Nevermind. I figured it out. Mastitis. Good thing we've already got a
> >date with the vet.
>
> Thanks for taking her in and taking such good care of her.

And bless you, Little Vine, for having her spayed.

Debby Hanoka
dhanoka at gmail dot com

little vine
June 7th 09, 04:27 PM
On May 30, 6:21*pm, Debby Hanoka > wrote:
> On May 30, 8:15*pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
>

> > "little vine" > wrote in message

> > On May 30, 12:21 pm, little vine > wrote:
>
> > > I have an abandoned 1yr old female scheduled for spaying on Monday,
> > > June 1st. This morning I was examining her nipples to make sure she
> > > had properly dried up after finishing nursing when I noticed a rather
> > > large swelling (growth/lump) behind one of her lower nipples. I tried
> > > calling the vet to see what she had to say, but she's gone for the
> > > weekend. There is no injury or discoloration. Does anybody have any
> > > idea what this might be and if it is unwise to procede with her
> > > scheduled spaying? It's right along side where her incision will be.
> > >Nevermind. I figured it out. Mastitis. Good thing we've already got a
> > >date with the vet.
>
> > Thanks for taking her in and taking such good care of her.
>
> And bless you, Little Vine, for having her spayed.
>
> Debby Hanoka
> dhanoka at gmail dot com

Spaying has been postponed until her mastitis has cleared up... which
is almost gone already.

Another problem...

I have an extremely small living space for her to convalesce and it is
next to impossible to keep her remaining kitten and another that I am
fostering from continuously trying to nurse from her. Up to this point
the kittens have been inside and she has been outside with another
spayed companion. I need to plan ahead here... so wouldn't it be wise
to wrap her bottom side immediately after surgury to deflect any more
attempts at nursing... and does anyone have any suggestions as to how
this could be done successfully? I'm thinking some type of sock-like
gauze... the type that doctors slip over their patient's arms/legs
before casting a broken limb. Would the vet have a solution to this
problem... or would I be expected to improvise? Our situation is
unique, so this is very important to her healing sucessfully and
without any complications.