PDA

View Full Version : My Bengal with a new kitten?

Brian Link
June 12th 09, 11:23 PM
Gah - just re-subscribed and it looks like you're under attack from
the "cheap deals" spammer. Don't worry, it'll go away.

Anyway, if anyone sees this post..

We bought a Bengal to be the companion for our farm-cat moggie after
his best friend died. It's worked out extremely well, but I won't be
buying another purebred because there are far too many good cats in
shelters that need homes.

The moggie is 15 now. He's a Maine-Coonish type, very energetic and
playful even at his advanced age. However, his "little-brother" is 7
years younger.

The Bengal (Louis) is pretty high-strung. We've broken him of his
inappropriate urination, but he still reverts to Asian Leopard Cat
when there's a new stray around, or something's changed.

Tiger (moggie) seems to have very good genes, and may well be around
for at least another 5 years. After celebrating Louis' birthday
yesterday, I put all these figures together and realized that he's
likely to be "orphaned" sometime.

So, skittery purebred, what's the best strategy for getting a friend
for him after Tiger leaves?

Thanks

BLink
"God created all tribes of men, and certainly had a righteous purpose in creating each"
- Geronimo

Claude V. Lucas
June 12th 09, 11:40 PM
In article >,
Brian Link > wrote:
>Gah - just re-subscribed and it looks like you're under attack from
>the "cheap deals" spammer. Don't worry, it'll go away.
>
>Anyway, if anyone sees this post..
>
>We bought a Bengal to be the companion for our farm-cat moggie after
>his best friend died. It's worked out extremely well, but I won't be
>buying another purebred because there are far too many good cats in
>shelters that need homes.
>
>The moggie is 15 now. He's a Maine-Coonish type, very energetic and
>playful even at his advanced age. However, his "little-brother" is 7
>years younger.
>
>The Bengal (Louis) is pretty high-strung. We've broken him of his
>inappropriate urination, but he still reverts to Asian Leopard Cat
>when there's a new stray around, or something's changed.
>
>Tiger (moggie) seems to have very good genes, and may well be around
>for at least another 5 years. After celebrating Louis' birthday
>yesterday, I put all these figures together and realized that he's
>likely to be "orphaned" sometime.
>
>So, skittery purebred, what's the best strategy for getting a friend
>for him after Tiger leaves?

My US$0.02 would be to make the rounds of the local shelter until you are chosen.

Then cross your fingers and hope for feline compatibility.