PDA

View Full Version : Teen Kills Kitten in Oven; Faces 10-Year Sentence


Usenet Legends bobandcarole ˘Ŕ
June 13th 09, 02:00 PM
Teen Kills Kitten in Oven; Faces 10-Year Sentence

This is one kid who really needs my boot up her ass.

On June 3, ASPCA Humane Law Enforcement Agents arrested Cheyenne
Cherry, a 17-year-old resident of the Bronx, for allegedly killing a
two-month-old kitten by burning her to death in an oven. In addition
to cruelty to animals, Cherry was charged with multiple counts of
burglary, arson and criminal mischief. Under New York State law,
Cherry is considered an adult and faces more than 10 years in prison
if convicted of all charges.

Cherry admits that she broke into the home of an ex-roommate on May 6
with the intent to "play a joke and mess up her apartment." Cherry and
an accomplice allegedly threw bleach on the walls of the apartment,
slashed furniture and stole various items. Before leaving, the pair
put the victim's kitten, Tiger Lily, into the hot oven.

When police arrived at the Bronx apartment to investigate smoke
complaints, Tiger Lily was found dead. Her remains were taken to ASPCA
Bergh Memorial Animal Hospital, where veterinarians had to perform a
necropsy to determine the sex of the badly burned kitten.

According to Joseph Pentangelo, Assistant Director of ASPCA Humane Law
Enforcement, Cherry's explanation for placing the kitten in the oven
was simply: "I hate cats."

If you know of a child or teen who is hurting animals, please report
his or her behavior to the proper authorities—kids who assault animals
may eventually act out on people. The ASPCA offers a list of ways to
intervene when a child or teen displays dangerous behavior around
animals.

To report animal cruelty in New York City, contact the ASPCA anonymous
tip line at (877) THE-ASPCA. Visit our Report Cruelty FAQ to learn how
to report cruelty elsewhere.

Lesley[_3_]
June 14th 09, 04:34 PM
On 13 June, 06:00, Usenet Legends bobandcarole ˘Ŕ
> wrote:
> Teen Kills Kitten in Oven; Faces 10-Year Sentence
>
> This is one kid who really needs my boot up her ass.
>

After me unless you have a bigger foot-She and her accomplice (let's
remember there were 2 of them and I hope the other "person" involved
is facing the same sentence) thought mesing someone's room up was "a
joke" (and how funny to steal things, slash furniture and throw bleach
at the wall- yeah right that's really funny if you're ...I was going
to say "brain dead" but that's not fair to brain dead people) and on
the grounds of "I hate cats" put a living creature into an oven!!!!!

You can dislike cats all you want (I suspect you've not met the right
cat...and I've had that bourne out by several "I don't like cats"
friends who have met the right cat and are now as devoted slaves to
that cat as the rest of us are to our owners) but to put a living
creature into an oven......presumably as part of the "joke"!!!!

10-years is not enough and Cherry should be spayed

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Matthew[_3_]
June 14th 09, 05:48 PM
They caught the little POS

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/crime/orl-bk-cat-mutilations-061409,0,2434218.story

Matthew[_3_]
June 14th 09, 05:49 PM
Oops wrong thread

"Matthew" > wrote in message
ng.com...
>
> They caught the little POS
>
> http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/crime/orl-bk-cat-mutilations-061409,0,2434218.story
>

cybercat
June 14th 09, 06:13 PM
"Matthew" > wrote in message
ng.com...
>
> They caught the little POS
>
> http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/crime/orl-bk-cat-mutilations-061409,0,2434218.story
>

Excellent.

MaryL
June 14th 09, 06:43 PM
"Matthew" > wrote in message
ng.com...
> Oops wrong thread
>
> "Matthew" > wrote in message
> ng.com...
>>
>> They caught the little POS
>>
>> http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/crime/orl-bk-cat-mutilations-061409,0,2434218.story
>>
>
>

That's great. I hope a hefty prison sentence is involved--and this may also
save some *people* in the future. People who start out by mutilating
helpless animals often move on to children or elderly people next.

MaryL

El Kot
June 14th 09, 08:32 PM
MaryL wrote:
>>
>> "Matthew" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> They caught the little POS
>>>
>>> http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/crime/orl-bk-cat-mutilations-061409,0,2434218.story
>>>
>>
>
> That's great. I hope a hefty prison sentence is involved--and this may
> also save some *people* in the future. People who start out by
> mutilating helpless animals often move on to children or elderly people
> next.

Who cares about *people*? The important thing is it will save other
innocent *cats*. :)

One of my first short stories written in English (not my native
language) in high school, had the following line:
"If you don't have mercy for a kitten, how can you have it even for
a man?"


--
No, no, you can't e-mail me with the nono.

MaryL
June 14th 09, 08:41 PM
"El Kot" > wrote in message
...
> MaryL wrote:
>>>
>>> "Matthew" > wrote in message
>>>>
>>>> They caught the little POS
>>>>
>>>> http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/crime/orl-bk-cat-mutilations-061409,0,2434218.story
>>>
>>
>> That's great. I hope a hefty prison sentence is involved--and this may
>> also save some *people* in the future. People who start out by
>> mutilating helpless animals often move on to children or elderly people
>> next.
>
> Who cares about *people*? The important thing is it will save other
> innocent *cats*. :)
>
> One of my first short stories written in English (not my native language)
> in high school, had the following line:
> "If you don't have mercy for a kitten, how can you have it even for a
> man?"
>
>
> --
> No, no, you can't e-mail me with the nono.

Good concept!

MaryL

Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
Duffy and Holly together: http://tinyurl.com/8b47e

FirstHit
June 15th 09, 09:38 PM
On Jun 14, 10:13*am, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "Matthew" > wrote in message
>
> ng.com...
>
>
>
> > They caught the little POS
>
> >http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/crime/orl-bk-cat-mutilation...
>
> Excellent.

I will be watching this story. I hope authorities can put together a
strong case against this guy (assuming he's the right guy). I sure
hope this doesn't get plea-bargained down to no jail time. It's
absolutely horrific what happened to 19+ cats, and it's horrible what
he did to the people who loved those cats.

FirstHit