PDA

View Full Version : Q on hairball onitment

ensoul[_2_]
July 2nd 09, 03:02 AM
I just go to wally world to get it but, my friend told me I should
never use "that crap" and only buy it from the vet

Is that true?

my guys won't eat it, I have to spread it on my fingers then hold them
down and rub on thier front legs that way they have to lick it
off...same friend tells she just mixes the stuff she gets from the vet
in his food and it all gets eaten

Moe & Rudy (brothers, neurtred, indoor) have very long hair, major
prob w/hairballs...Moe I can groom & use the fruminator on, even trim
his fur when matts start but Rudy you can't groom at all even tried
different brushes, luckliy his fur isn't quite as long as Moe's

Lynn

jamina1
July 2nd 09, 06:29 AM
Were I you, I would not use the Walmart brand stuff, if only because
it comes from an unknown source (made in china, probably). I know that
several online suppliers offer higher quality remedies for similar
pricing - Laxatone was always a good brand with our kitties and one of
our cats would seriously wait by the closet door in order to get the
treat every day. I think its malt flavored. Others, of course,
wouldn't touch the stuff and we had to smear it on their paws to get
them to eat it.
My mom uses small quantities of vaseline in much the same way if
necessary as well.

On Jul 1, 10:02*pm, ensoul > wrote:
> I just go to wally world to get it but, my friend told me I should
> never use "that crap" and only buy it from the vet
>
> Is that true?
>
> my guys won't eat it, I have to spread it on my fingers then hold them
> down and rub on thier front legs that way they have to lick it
> off...same friend tells she just mixes the stuff she gets from the vet
> in his food and it all gets eaten
>
> Moe & Rudy (brothers, neurtred, indoor) have very long hair, major
> prob w/hairballs...Moe I can groom & use the fruminator on, even trim
> his fur when matts start but Rudy you can't groom at all even tried
> different brushes, luckliy his fur isn't quite as long as Moe's
>
> Lynn

ensoul[_2_]
July 2nd 09, 11:00 PM
On Jul 2, 1:29*am, jamina1 > wrote:
> Were I you, I would not use the Walmart brand stuff, if only because
> it comes from an unknown source (made in china, probably). I know that
> several online suppliers offer higher quality remedies for similar
> pricing - Laxatone was always a good brand with our kitties and one of
> our cats would seriously wait by the closet door in order to get the
> treat every day. I think its malt flavored. Others, of course,
> wouldn't touch the stuff and we had to smear it on their paws to get
> them to eat it.
> My mom uses small quantities of vaseline in much the same way if
> necessary as well.
>
> On Jul 1, 10:02*pm, ensoul > wrote:
>

> > I just go to wally world to get it but, my friend told me I should
> > never use "that crap" and only buy it from the vet
>
> > Is that true?
>
> > my guys won't eat it, I have to spread it on my fingers then hold them
> > down and rub on thier front legs that way they have to lick it
> > off...same friend tells she just mixes the stuff she gets from the vet
> > in his food and it all gets eaten
>
> > Moe & Rudy (brothers, neurtred, indoor) have very long hair, major
> > prob w/hairballs...Moe I can groom & use the fruminator on, even trim
> > his fur when matts start but Rudy you can't groom at all even tried
> > different brushes, luckliy his fur isn't quite as long as Moe's
>
> > Lynn- Hide quoted text -

laxatone is what my friend had & she gets it from the vet for
$8.00...you can get malt & unflavored it the unflavored she uses...the
barmd at Wlamart is Hart's

ensoul[_2_]
July 2nd 09, 11:00 PM
On Jul 2, 1:29*am, jamina1 > wrote:
> Were I you, I would not use the Walmart brand stuff, if only because
> it comes from an unknown source (made in china, probably). I know that
> several online suppliers offer higher quality remedies for similar
> pricing - Laxatone was always a good brand with our kitties and one of
> our cats would seriously wait by the closet door in order to get the
> treat every day. I think its malt flavored. Others, of course,
> wouldn't touch the stuff and we had to smear it on their paws to get
> them to eat it.
> My mom uses small quantities of vaseline in much the same way if
> necessary as well.
>
> On Jul 1, 10:02*pm, ensoul > wrote:
>

> > I just go to wally world to get it but, my friend told me I should
> > never use "that crap" and only buy it from the vet
>
> > Is that true?
>
> > my guys won't eat it, I have to spread it on my fingers then hold them
> > down and rub on thier front legs that way they have to lick it
> > off...same friend tells she just mixes the stuff she gets from the vet
> > in his food and it all gets eaten
>
> > Moe & Rudy (brothers, neurtred, indoor) have very long hair, major
> > prob w/hairballs...Moe I can groom & use the fruminator on, even trim
> > his fur when matts start but Rudy you can't groom at all even tried
> > different brushes, luckliy his fur isn't quite as long as Moe's
>
> > Lynn- Hide quoted text -

and thanks

---MIKE---
July 3rd 09, 01:28 AM
The expensive ointments are nothing but flavored vasoline. I don't use
any of them. I plant oat grass for the cats to nibble on and this seems
to control hairballs (and Tiger is a long haired cat).

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Sharon
July 3rd 09, 10:53 AM
Temptations for hairballs works great and the cats love to eat the
little treats.