PDA

View Full Version : fleas

Ralph
July 5th 09, 05:09 PM
My 17 year old cat (DSH), living in a basement apartment, now has her first
case of fleas. Likely she's had them for a while, but I saw the first one
while combing her Friday.

I got some "Zodiac spot on", and applied it yesterday, and already she's
more comfortable, and scratched bare spots are healing. I comb her
regularly, and she not only tolerates it, but comes and expects it. She's
not dumb, and knows it helps.
At her age, she can't do the thorough grooming she used to.

I met a man at the pet store who said this was only the first step, and I'd
need to spend a lot more money to keep the infestation at bay. Although I
liked what he said, I didn't like the cost, and checked prices at Petsmart.

The 'spot on' was $3 cheaper there, but they didn't carry the spray for the
carpets, that I was actually looking for.

I guess I'll have to check around.

Barbara[_3_]
July 5th 09, 06:48 PM
Ralph wrote:
> My 17 year old cat (DSH), living in a basement apartment, now has her
> first case of fleas. Likely she's had them for a while, but I saw the
> first one while combing her Friday.
>
> I got some "Zodiac spot on", and applied it yesterday, and already she's
> more comfortable, and scratched bare spots are healing. I comb her
> regularly, and she not only tolerates it, but comes and expects it.
> She's not dumb, and knows it helps.
> At her age, she can't do the thorough grooming she used to.
>
> I met a man at the pet store who said this was only the first step, and
> I'd need to spend a lot more money to keep the infestation at bay.
> Although I liked what he said, I didn't like the cost, and checked
> prices at Petsmart.
>
> The 'spot on' was $3 cheaper there, but they didn't carry the spray for
> the carpets, that I was actually looking for.
>
> I guess I'll have to check around.
remember to spray your apartment also.I use Raid flea killer plus,purple
cap(kills the eggs for at east 4 months)
Barbara

---MIKE---
July 5th 09, 08:10 PM
If you caught it early, you shouldn't have to spray the apartment. Any
hatched fleas will go on the cat and the spot on will kill them. When I
first got Tiger he came with fleas. I treated him AND Amber with
Frontline and that took care of the problem.

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

spot
July 5th 09, 11:27 PM
If you use something like raid make sure you remove the cat for at least
24 hours. That way the stuff has time to work and dry before letting
the cat on the carpet.

Celeste

Granby
July 5th 09, 11:41 PM
If this is the first time you have seen fleas, you may not have to do the
carpet. By treating the cat, the fleas that will find their way to him will
also be killed. Run the vac some extra to get the eggs.