PDA

View Full Version : Manipulative meow: Cats learn to vocalize a particular sound to traintheir human companions

Netmask
July 13th 09, 11:22 PM
http://www.scientificamerican.com/blog/60-second-science/post.cfm?id=the-manipulative-meow-cats-learn-to-2009-07-13

jmc
July 14th 09, 12:40 AM
Suddenly, without warning, Netmask exclaimed (7/13/2009 6:22 PM):
> http://www.scientificamerican.com/blog/60-second-science/post.cfm?id=the-manipulative-meow-cats-learn-to-2009-07-13

This EXACTLY what Meep does. "Solicitation purring" - I like that :)

jmc

snuffy[_2_]
July 14th 09, 11:59 PM
On Jul 13, 7:40*pm, jmc > wrote:
> Suddenly, without warning, Netmask exclaimed (7/13/2009 6:22 PM):
>
> >http://www.scientificamerican.com/blog/60-second-science/post.cfm?id=....
>
> This EXACTLY what Meep does. *"Solicitation purring" - I like that :)
>
> jmc

That cat in the picture under the covers looks exactly like my Snappy.
You could say he talks as well. Every morning around 4 am he wants me
to lift the screen on the window and let him go out. he doesnt
scream. If he did I would make him leave the room and lock the door.
He meeps until I cant stand it anymore and I open the screen. So that
is kinda talking.